Home

Draw/fade shots ea pga

This is a discussion on Draw/fade shots ea pga within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2023, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

cman's Arena

OVR: 4
Draw/fade shots ea pga

Could someone explain how to do. Does swing need to be exactly on swing path? Example it slants right, i need to have it exactly over line slanting rt. I always have it next to path, never directly over it, if that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2023, 06:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Draw/fade shots ea pga

Just like a straight shot it only matters where you hit your points on the edges of the swing circle and not what happens in the middle

So for a draw/fade try to hit that 5 or 7 o'clock on the back swing Crest and then straight to 12pm at the finish. Run a practice swing or 2 to use the controller vibration (or lack thereof if you are in sync) and you should be nailing them. If you want to up the challenge turn off the swing arc.
Old 04-12-2023, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

cman's Arena

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-12-2023, 03:06 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Also if your dumb like me, I thought it was backwards. The little arrow that breaks off your landing zone is where I thought the ball would go but it's the opposite. The landing zone is the same just your aim is the little arrow that breaks off.

Kinda weird imo that your landing zone camera doesn't move at all when you add fade or draw. You'd think the camera would follow where you are aiming.

I got it down now though and I'm actually really enjoying the shot shaping mechanic
Old 04-12-2023, 03:32 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Also if your dumb like me, I thought it was backwards. The little arrow that breaks off your landing zone is where I thought the ball would go but it's the opposite. The landing zone is the same just your aim is the little arrow that breaks off.

Kinda weird imo that your landing zone camera doesn't move at all when you add fade or draw. You'd think the camera would follow where you are aiming.

I got it down now though and I'm actually really enjoying the shot shaping mechanic

Thanks I actually was having hard time out with that too and thought I was just wildly mis hitting it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2023, 04:02 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty

Oh man, lifesaver lol this was driving me crazy I thought I just hadn't got the new system down lol. Yeah, the marker that moves off should be where your ball is going to go, not the opposite
Old 04-12-2023, 04:46 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

I really want EA to show some commitment to improving Simulation play. Very little focus in competition play since release, I think it’s one seasonal 18 hole event the rest is Arcade,Pro & Tour on a daily/weekly loop.

I did hit this in that sim event….

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/MGFL6XJFGU

Which shouldn’t be happening on the highest difficulty in the first few days of play.

Going forward compulsory Advanced shot shaping needs to be a staple of Sim play.

Fade bias golfers should be shaping every shot on the diagonal although I do think the plane line needs to be more forgiving. Also either lock 6 to 12 swings off with the exception of putting or make the 6 to 12 swing plane a ‘substantial challenge’. Also if you’ve chosen a fade bias a draw shot also needs to be a ‘substantial challenge’.

EA have the option to make a Simulation tournament with these settings & drop it in to weekly’s on an unlimited play basis for test purposes. Really want to see them proactively putting testing in the hands of gamers but not sure we’ll get what we want.

Advanced shot shaping doesn’t really have a purpose as is because it’s to easy to go flag hunting with a straight swing.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

RIFRIG, I hear you! There are some real advocates for challenging (based on skill) sim play that are bending ears at EA. Patience, as there is hopefully something coming that will be addressing the realism-minded end of the spectrum of play. No promises or ETA but it is absolutely on the table.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »