Home

I've tried...but this release shot options are too much

This is a discussion on I've tried...but this release shot options are too much within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2023, 09:47 PM   #1
Pro

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
I've tried...but the release shot options are too difficult

This year I keep missing shot after shot. Please help me distinguish what these shot release options mean. I'm sure it's user error (me) lol.

Last edited by Cam Fan; 04-06-2023 at 10:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2023, 12:05 AM   #2
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I've tried...but this release shot options are too much

its not you. its either a perfect release or you miss it.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:17 PM   #3
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Not a fan of the leniency they've given meter shooters lately. I remember from the start that if you used meter, you were done. Now, you can be off by a qtr inch & still green w meter.

Also not a fan at all of everyone being able to green easily if their release is easy to time, regardless if they're a 99 or 75 3pt shooter.
Old 04-08-2023, 01:07 PM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Not a fan of the leniency they've given meter shooters lately. I remember from the start that if you used meter, you were done. Now, you can be off by a qtr inch & still green w meter.

Also not a fan at all of everyone being able to green easily if their release is easy to time, regardless if they're a 99 or 75 3pt shooter.

but this is what the casuals want this game to be: a game where the Most important skill is Not Basketball-related an arcade mechanics that would be better Suited in Mario Party than in a sports simulation.
Old 04-08-2023, 01:14 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Man I don't know about all that casuals stuff. Been playing 2K since Dreamcast and this is by far the worst shooting version I've ever encountered. On top of the whole perfect shot situation 2K still fiddles with stuff, so one week I may have my shot going, the next ill go 1 for 15 in every game I play. Just let us cook...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2023, 02:08 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
I've tried...but this release shot options are too much

If “sim” is RNG based off realistic NBA percentages, I’ll gladly be a 2K casual, lol

I’ve enjoyed the challenge of shooting this year personally, especially coming off last year where you could shoot 70% with your eyes closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2023, 02:02 AM   #7
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If “sim” is RNG based off realistic NBA percentages, I’ll gladly be a 2K casual, lol

I’ve enjoyed the challenge of shooting this year personally, especially coming off last year where you could shoot 70% with your eyes closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this mechanics completely destroy any competitiveness. as soon as one Team has a little bit of delay and the other doesnt you get games where one Team is shooting 60+ percent from deep and the other 20%...

when I Look at the season Stats for my Team, my players are Either shooting close to 50% from deep or close to 20%. There is nothing inbetween and its completely independent from any Player ratings.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:22 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
this mechanics completely destroy any competitiveness. as soon as one Team has a little bit of delay and the other doesnt you get games where one Team is shooting 60+ percent from deep and the other 20%...

when I Look at the season Stats for my Team, my players are Either shooting close to 50% from deep or close to 20%. There is nothing inbetween and its completely independent from any Player ratings.

Doesn’t kill the competitiveness in the draft league I’m in.

The game is never going to be a 1:1 representation of real life, so I don’t expect teams to be held to real life averages, nor do I want the game forcing us into those averages

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »