Home

Odds 60fps and three click get added in day 1 patch?

This is a discussion on Odds 60fps and three click get added in day 1 patch? within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2023, 06:51 PM   #1
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Odds 60fps and three click get added in day 1 patch?

We know both are coming at some point. Curious about what are the odds anything gets added in the day 1 patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2023, 07:22 PM   #2

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Odds 60fps and three click get added in day 1 patch?

I'd say 0%
Old 04-06-2023, 10:27 PM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm going with .034%. I'm not sure how much that would help what I'm struggling to come to terms with concerning the swing. I get the impression that the golfer's swing animation is still going to lag behind the stick movement at 60 fps, it's just going to look and perhaps feel more responsive once it starts moving.

I think 60 FPS will definitely improve the game, but there's something peculiar about this interface that's down to something more than a limited frame rate, IMO.
Old 04-07-2023, 01:38 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

So I guess no "day one patch"?

(other than the one for PC that is apparently causing more crashing)

https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsPGA...day_one_patch/

Last edited by scagwi; 04-07-2023 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 01:56 PM   #5
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
So I guess no "day one patch"?

(other than the one for PC that is apparently causing more crashing)

https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsPGA...day_one_patch/
When most triple a game do day 1 patches…this is …well…concerning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2023, 06:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Question for those on PC...switching gameplay between 30fps and 60fps, are you seeing/feeling that much difference in your experience?

I realize for many games, including some other golf titles, that there can be a jarring difference between the two. I also believe there are games out there where you may find the difference to be more negligible.

Development resources are finite and there is a long line of wishlist items. Would 60fps on consoles make a Top 3 want without hesitation or is it more of a "nice to have for sure, but I can think of 10 other things that would have more of an impact"?

I ask because I fall into the camp of those who don't really see the hubbub about it all. You could give me 10 games I have played extensively and I wouldn't know the framerate of any of them. Ignorance is bliss?

Last edited by Oblong; 04-13-2023 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2023, 07:14 AM   #7
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblong
Question for those on PC...switching gameplay between 30fps and 60fps, are you seeing/feeling that much difference in your experience?

I realize for many games, including some other golf titles, that there can be a jarring difference between the two. I also believe there are games out there where you may find the difference to be more negligible.

Development resources are finite and there is a long line of wishlist items. Would 60fps on consoles make a Top 3 want without hesitation or is it more of a "nice to have for sure, but I can think of 10 other things that would have more of an impact"?

I ask because I fall I to the camp of those who don't really see the hubbub about it all. You could give me 10 games I have played extensively and I wouldn't know the framerate of any of them. Ignorance is bliss?
For me personally, they can take there time. I understand they have other pressing issues. The current state With 30 though the lag and responsive of the controls compared to other games is noticeable. Going from this to say The Show is jarring.

For me it’s more of aesthetic preference which will have almost zero impact on gameplay in the long run. For something that should be a standard with these consoles and the fact that this was omitted without even to have as an option was more of the issue. I’m enjoying the game right now as it is and having a blast with it.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:17 AM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblong
If I cut the graphics details back to minimum and reduce the res to 720p, I can play the game at 60 FPS. Yeah, it's but a shadow of its full 4K/ultra detail glory under these conditions, but there's enough there to gauge the swing responsiveness. There's just enough difference to be noticeable, but certainly not worth the graphical sacrifice required to achieve it... at least on my modest gaming PC:

Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

I think EA Sports PGA Tour's swing is governed by a swing mechanic limiter that's only going to allow you to swing at a certain maximum speed. That's why it's harder to perceive the difference 60 FPS is making in the swing. On PGA TOUR 2K23, the difference in the feel of the swing between 30 and 60 FPS takes it from being unplayable to engaging. I'd be curious to see how it would feel on a PC that could run it at 120 FPS, but I'd imagine that would have to be at 1080p.

I'd be curious to see what EA would have to do with the graphics settings and res on the PS5 and Series X to achieve a steady 60 FPS. Again though, I'm not sure it would be worth it they way the swing animation speed is throttled by the game engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »