Home

Negro league baseball

This is a discussion on Negro league baseball within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2023, 05:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Negro league baseball

Is it possible to play an exhibition with the teams from the Negro league? Or are they only available through storylines?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 06:10 PM   #2
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Negro league baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by no92strahan
Is it possible to play an exhibition with the teams from the Negro league? Or are they only available through storylines?

Unfortunately they're only available in story mode and the uniforms can be used in Diamond Dynasty.
Old 03-25-2023, 01:30 AM   #3
Rookie

StonewallTexan's Arena

OVR: 0

That is unfortunate . . . I have no interest in narrative/story-modes in sports games, but it would have been novel to have them available for exhibition games. Oh well.

In general, I wish The Show would have famous historic teams (1927 Yankees, 1907 Cubs, 1969 Mets), for the exhibition modes (sort of like NBA 2K has done) . . . and some of the Negro League teams would have fit well in that paradigm.
Old 03-25-2023, 01:53 AM   #4
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

Since SDS didn't add any proper Throwback uniforms for the Cubs/White Sox/Royals/Tigers they could have slid the old NNL uniforms in their places. Sadly the Detroit Black Stars were not added this year.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:15 PM   #5
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

You can put all of the players in your DD lineup and play vs CPU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2023, 04:41 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonewallTexan
That is unfortunate . . . I have no interest in narrative/story-modes in sports games, but it would have been novel to have them available for exhibition games. Oh well.

In general, I wish The Show would have famous historic teams (1927 Yankees, 1907 Cubs, 1969 Mets), for the exhibition modes (sort of like NBA 2K has done) . . . and some of the Negro League teams would have fit well in that paradigm.
Yeah I have zero desire to play story mode or diamond dynasty. Should have just made them selectable for exhibition. I wonder if they can patch it in.
Old 03-26-2023, 06:55 PM   #7
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

I wish they gave us more options for them. Let me play in a Negro League franchise. But at least let me play with them in exhibition. And it would be better if we got to use their uniforms as throwbacks for certain teams like the Royals, White Sox, etc.

I also agree that classic teams are long over due. I would love Eras seasons like NBA 2K did this year. You could have the Babe era, the Jackie era, the Micky era, Jeter era, etc. It would give long time players more.

Storylines has been a distraction while I wait on better rosters but so far it is really easy and I'll be done with season one very quick. I would enjoy more, especially because I like how it was created to feel like from that era with the equipment and the way the fans dress.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:32 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
I wish they gave us more options for them. Let me play in a Negro League franchise. But at least let me play with them in exhibition.
Franchise isn’t practical, at least in a realistic way, as the Negro Leagues resembled informal associations of teams that lacked central organization and policies. Think early NFL if you’re familiar with their history. But exhibition? Yeah I agree. No game shouldn’t allow you to set up a single game with any team included in the files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »