Home

MLB The Show 23 Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 23 Trade Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-22-2023, 11:21 AM   #1
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
MLB The Show 23 Trade Discussion

Hello, hello, hello!

We are back with another year of Trade Discussion on the forum! Who is ready for some wild proposals? Who is ready to have some civil arguments? I know I am!

Remember, people are on here spending their free time to give feedback on trades, lets remain respectful.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/ is a good tool to use when trying to evaluate trades. You can use it to see the availability of certain players and their trade value. Now this will only work for trades for the 2023 season and maybe 2024/2025 seasons to a lesser extent. Feel free to use it to help with your trade ideas.

I LOVE who made the post last year below, so here we go...

Things to consider mentioning in your post

Context to the situation - What are the teams records? How is their prospect development at the position in question? What are the finances of the player and the team? How is the player doing statistically? Are there any injury circumstances? The more specific you could be the better, especially when it comes to fictional trades and trades 5+ years in the future.

Ratings - Make sure to explain the ratings and potentials. Maybe in your franchise someone has significantly hire ratings or potential than in other people's franchise. Maybe it's a fictional player or maybe you adjusted ratings in your franchise on your own. No matter what, this is valuable information. What is their overall and potential?

Fair & realistic - Are you looking for one or the other, or both? This will help people when they give feedback to you. You can use the trade simulator tool to post a screenshot or something to help illustrate your trade.

Layout - If you layout your trade or what you are looking for in an organized manner, it will help. Here is how I layout trades when I look for feedback. You do not have to use this, and feel free to do it however you want, but remember that organization helps.

For example:

Padres Receive

SP Player A (MLB) 90 Overall - A Potential

1B Player B (MLB) 85 Overall - A Potential

Red Sox Receive

SS Player A (A) 60 Overall - A Potential

OF Player B (AAA) 70 overall - B Potential

Happy trading!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2023, 02:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 23 Trade Discussion

So deciding on my team for franchise this year and I keep going back to The Angels, especially after the WBC. Trout and Ohtani sound like a blast to play with especially if the Ohtani rule works correctly this year in game. They have a team with the 2 best players in baseball and yet are in constant rebuild and have money to spend.

My philosophy is if I can make playoffs in year 1 then Ohtani is more likely to resign, but if I am out of contention come trade deadline then its unlikely he would stay and I will look to move him. The million dollar question is with a half season rental (unless he signs an extension) what is he worth to contenders?
Old 03-22-2023, 05:57 PM   #3
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
So deciding on my team for franchise this year and I keep going back to The Angels, especially after the WBC. Trout and Ohtani sound like a blast to play with especially if the Ohtani rule works correctly this year in game. They have a team with the 2 best players in baseball and yet are in constant rebuild and have money to spend.

My philosophy is if I can make playoffs in year 1 then Ohtani is more likely to resign, but if I am out of contention come trade deadline then its unlikely he would stay and I will look to move him. The million dollar question is with a half season rental (unless he signs an extension) what is he worth to contenders?
Great question and as a Mets fan who wants them to sign him I would say he is worth alot and I would not deal it I would wait until off-season to try and get him. The Angels would likely want Alvarez, maybe even Mauricio. Too much unless he resigns with you before deal is done
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-22-2023, 07:02 PM   #4
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

I was trying to look at this psat years trades at the deadline. I could not use Soto as a comparison as he had sevreral years left of control so the price tag was huge. No player really compares to talent of Ohtani so i pulled this one

Twins acquire Tyler Mahle from Reds for three prospects
After adding All-Star closer Jorge López in a trade with the Orioles earlier in the day, the first-place Twins made a move for a much needed starting pitcher, getting Mahle for infielder Spencer Steer (Twins’ No. 7 prospect), left-hander Steven Hajjar (No. 18) and infielder Christian Encarnacion-Strand (No. 23).

Now Ohtani is so much more talented then Mahle but still the reds got 3 top 30 prospects for him. I would think Ohtani would net two of a teams top 5 propects at the deadline. Even though Mahle was protected for more time.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

using the default roster, I'm going to try to move John Means off my O's team, mainly because I'm still having a lingering, recurring mental block when trying to use lefty starting pitchers, though not near as bad or as often as used to be.

anywho, I want to trade pitching for pitching.
think it's realistic to get a couple C Potential prospects in return for Means, or should I give up on that and try to get a 1-for-1 straight up trade for another MLB ready pitcher?

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2023, 07:53 PM   #6
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

This is what I can come up with so far, but I'm missing a piece going to the Angels.

Mets Receive:
Ohtani

Angels Receive:
Baty
Mauricio
Tidwell

I wish the Mets had a better SP prospect, value wise.

Parada would be a fascinating piece, but even with Ohtani, I doubt the Mets deal him.

Old 03-22-2023, 08:15 PM   #7
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
This is what I can come up with so far, but I'm missing a piece going to the Angels.

Mets Receive:
Ohtani

Angels Receive:
Baty
Mauricio
Tidwell

I wish the Mets had a better SP prospect, value wise.

Parada would be a fascinating piece, but even with Ohtani, I doubt the Mets deal him.

Very good thoughts, I think the Mets would deal Alvarez before they would deal Baty. Baty looks ready to play now and with Parada looking good they would move Alvarez. For a rental can not see them dealing Baty if they feel Cohen could spend 600 million on him as a FA 3 months later
Old 03-22-2023, 08:16 PM   #8
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
using the default roster, I'm going to try to move John Means off my O's team, mainly because I'm still having a lingering, recurring mental block when trying to use lefty starting pitchers, though not near as bad or as often as used to be.

anywho, I want to trade pitching for pitching.
think it's realistic to get a couple C Potential prospects in return for Means, or should I give up on that and try to get a 1-for-1 straight up trade for another MLB ready pitcher?
Means is a tough case. He is a guy with a lot of talent but coming off injuries it lowers the value. I would think you could get a B level prospect for him. How many more years of control does Means have?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »