Home

MLB 23 RTTS: Will They Fix How Your Player's Career Ends?

This is a discussion on MLB 23 RTTS: Will They Fix How Your Player's Career Ends? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-19-2023, 04:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB 23 RTTS: Will They Fix How Your Player's Career Ends?

I've played this game for a long time, but was never able to get through an entire career for a RTTS player (due to life, lack of time, etc).

Last year, I finally decided to do it. It almost ruined playing this game for me. Until I posted on these forums, I was clueless about how screwed up it is on how a player's career ends.

I want a true ending to my career. IE - a scenario presented to me by my agent or the team on whether I want to retire, go for one more contract, etc etc. (Obviously, there are various scenarios that can happen).

I'm hesitant to play this mode this year because of this. Any words on if it's been addressed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2023, 11:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: MLB 23 RTTS: Will They Fix How Your Player's Career Ends?

Just curious..how does it end now??

Last time I made it to the end was MANY YEARS AGO!! I was a SP and at my age 42(??) year I was basically forced to retire... that was it... completely underwhelming...
Old 03-20-2023, 01:29 PM   #3
Rookie

So I am trying to find an older forum where someone explained this, but the glitch - or one of the glitches at least - was something like when your contract expires, even if you do nothing, it automatically keeps you playing, possibly by signing you up with another team.

I could be wrong here and I wish there were more folks responding, but I guess this was old news to a lot of peeps. My main point was that the end of a career needs to feel a bit more formal and have more of a presentation than it seems to have.

It's a massive amount of effort to play so many seasons and for me, it took away from franchise mode. So I am hesitant to play it until I know if it's been fixed.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:36 AM   #4
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

I've got a 42 year old SP still playing in 20.Started him in 14. I know I've been asked by my agent more than once (I believe in between seasons) if I wanted to retire or take a one last year victory tour or just keep playing.
Also I remember seeing more than once in various forums that players skills really decline so fast you cant keep up with them.Haven't seen that-still a 99OVR.
I plan on playing him until he turns 45-which reportedly is the top age.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:43 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman05851
I've got a 42 year old SP still playing in 20.Started him in 14. I know I've been asked by my agent more than once (I believe in between seasons) if I wanted to retire or take a one last year victory tour or just keep playing.
Also I remember seeing more than once in various forums that players skills really decline so fast you cant keep up with them.Haven't seen that-still a 99OVR.
I plan on playing him until he turns 45-which reportedly is the top age.
Yep, this pretty much nails what I was trying to remember about what other people said, thanks. What a joke. I just want to see more realism added to it...even injuries taking a toll, etc. To invest so much time and it just fizzles out sucks. And this is coming from someone who only controls hitting for their RTTS player. I wish they'd fix this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2023, 01:40 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

I’ll be very surprised if this is ever “fixed”. What’s important to keep in mind is that only a fraction of a percentage of players ever reach retirement age. That’s why every single sports game emphasizes that first season experience. Many users burn out after their rookie campaign and most of the remaining within a handful of seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2023, 03:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgyFlames
I’ll be very surprised if this is ever “fixed”. What’s important to keep in mind is that only a fraction of a percentage of players ever reach retirement age. That’s why every single sports game emphasizes that first season experience. Many users burn out after their rookie campaign and most of the remaining within a handful of seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, you make valid points here. I am one of those people that would burn out on RTTS after a few seasons. Last year was the first time I decided to "play it through", so to speak. But in doing so, I neglected franchise mode, which is the only other mode that I like. It's a bummer. I guess can compare it to that awful Face of the Franchise that Madden attempts. Eventually, it's just like playing a regular game of Madden.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:11 PM   #8
Pro

Yeah, there probably should be something more special, but like the guy above said, the amount of players who actually make it through a whole career has to be unbelievably small, so I doubt this ever gets resolved.

NBA 2K used to do it the best. If you retired with enough challenge points or whatever, you were inducted into the HOF and got to make you HOF speech. This was back on the PS3 days, has anybody made it through a full career in any of the latest NBA's to know if that's still a thing? Wouldn't be surprised if that got the axe many years ago too since there's only so many players who will even see it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »