Home

Keep restarting franchise

This is a discussion on Keep restarting franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-12-2023, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

thelegitgoat's Arena

OVR: 0
Keep restarting franchise

I really want a deep franchise experience. I want to play all 162. Any tips to not get burnt out and to stop restarting constantly

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2023, 06:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Keep restarting franchise

I know it won't work for everybody but I became more focused on my 1400 plus innings in a season and didn't get burned out when I started to not worry about having the most up-to-date rosters, or worrying about how the 29 other clubs were running their organisation.
like last year w/22, there was no Robinson Cano in any of my seasons, and I didn't miss him one bit. in Show 21, Cedric Mullins in the default roster was not MLB caliber so I kept him in AAA most of the season despite IRL he was a stud for Baltimore. or again, back to Show 22, Kwan for Cleveland was irrelevant in my league as I didn't care how high the Studio rerated him in updates. I had to take inspiration in Dr. Strangelove, learn to stop worrying and love the default lol

its hard to just put our roster ocd aside but it can be done, and enjoyable baseball can still be had IMO

A Work in Progress
Old 03-12-2023, 09:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Fast play and generated counts, these two options have made franchise more fun and a lot quicker. And I play all 162. I’ve been playing franchise since the Shows inception. Generated counts is my new favorite option.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2023, 09:23 PM   #4
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

I used to restart constantly with new rosters, new slider sets, and would never finish a season. Best thing I did was say I’m using day 1 roster update, and default sliders and roll with it.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-12-2023, 09:51 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I used to restart constantly with new rosters, new slider sets, and would never finish a season. Best thing I did was say I’m using day 1 roster update, and default sliders and roll with it.
yep. and if that means I'm not facing Senga with the Mets in my Braves season run-through, well, that's NY's loss lol

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2023, 12:10 PM   #6
Rookie

I am in the same boat. Last year, I kept restarting for various reasons. I also want to get into a franchise and stick with. I have a plan that I think is going to work…

1. Miami Marlins. Part of my problem is always trying to take the WORST team for the challenge. Well, if the team is too bad, it will take the fun right out of it. So I think Miamis pitching, as well as the contact mentality the team is taking with their roster, will make this a good one to build.

2. I know you talked about playing all 162, and I might. But I’ve also been thinking about the idea of simming 1 game per series. Doesn’t matter which one. At the beginning of the series, look at the pitching matchups and decide then which 1 to sim. Also, if somebody gets injured while simming, so be it. But this would shave a lot of time off a complete season, but still help keep the stats mainly yours

3. Definitely use quick counts, but I don’t care for fast play. Can still do broadcast, walk ups and all of that. Still keep it fun.

With most series being 3 games, can do the average series in 1 hour. That’s pretty good I think.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:43 PM   #7
MVP

forme95's Arena

The biggest part is, just remember that it will be a grind. 162+ games is not 17 games like Madden (as an example). You have to have the mindset that it will be a grind. Me personally, I always look forward to the next game, the next series. I try to break it down to sections. Play to get to the draft. Then play to get to the AS break. Then to September call ups. Lastly the playoffs.
Ive actually ruined long term franchises by trying to always switch up rotations, lineups, moving players, trading, etc to keep it interesting. Now thats not to say I wont make moves I need to make. I just have to remind myself if I am making a move cause Im bored or is it a real need.

Another thing is, I stopped worrying about rosters and trying to get stats to mimic MLB. Those two things will kill a franchise immersion. I could give two cents less if a guy has long or short hair, beard, socks size, etc. I picked 1 roster (usually the 4/29 update or default) and go. The game does a good job of making end of season stats real enough for me to live with. After all its a video game not real life (note my signature). MLBTS is my own universe. CPU wants to trade Judge for 3 prospects, well then...... welcome to your new team Aaron.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 03-13-2023 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:58 PM   #8
Pro

If your schedule allows this, what I’ve did each of the 3 times I played all 162 was to limit myself to one game per day and stretch it out like a real baseball season. That left time for other games and kept me from burnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »