Home

Fictional Rosters

This is a discussion on Fictional Rosters within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-07-2023, 02:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Fictional Rosters

With no carryover rosters available now, how hard would it be for someone like myself who has never done any created player or roster, do my own for 23? I have been using Bacon's roster for 21 and since I couldn't carry the roster over to 22 I still play 21. I am thinking about getting 23 but only if I can recreate Bacons roster or just do my own. Was wondering how hard and time consuming this would be? Thank you for any advise or answers to this question
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2023, 06:17 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Fictional Rosters

I have been playing around with creating players. My question is. After I create a player and then replace them with a real mlb player and place the real mlb player in free agency, how do I make it where no mlb player will be in the free agent pool? Like how do the mlb players in free agent pool not be there and create players be in free agent pool and on regular mlb team replacing the real mlb players. Any help would be greatly appreciate it
Old 03-07-2023, 06:56 PM   #3
Rookie

I wouldn't rely on using the actual create-a-player feature (if that is what you are using), and instead use the fully editable players already in a roster or the online player vault (so like minor leaguers that don't have a face scan or downloaded players from the community vault).

Use import player/export player while in Roster Control mode. Export and save the fictional players you edited, and then import them over the real MLB players to replace them forever. Unfortunately you can only do that to players on teams, so to get rid of real players on the free agents list you have to assign them to a team first.

You might want to just start with like a "Joe Random" and then import that same generic player over and over again (its a grind for sure) until all the "real" players are gone, and then begin your journey of editing each Joe Random into a, uh, realistic fake player. One thing to note is that position players can only be imported over other position players, and likewise pitchers can only be imported over pitchers.

It really isn't difficult to do, but it can be anywhere from fairly time consuming to extremely time consuming. If you do not care too much about having super realistic player appearances, career stats, contracts, names, etc. you can get thru a single full team (including all the minor leaguers) in probably 4 to 5 hours after getting the hang of things. On the flipside, I have been doing a fictional roster for MLB 20 off-and-on for a couple of years (don't have much free time lol) with very realistic looking faces, equipment, names, attributes, career stats, etc. for every single player (including 300+ free agents) and it takes me about 20-30 hours to do a 90 player team. But I am a just a bit of a perfectionist lol.

Last edited by rick diesel; 03-07-2023 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2023, 01:46 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

what I'm going to do for 23 is sim a franchise into the year 2122,
then export at least 780 players out of that franchise.
it takes me roughly 30 minutes to sim 10 years FWIW
also, if you're gonna export players from franchise mode,
dont forget to to turn CPU Roster Control ON before you start your exporting franchise

A Work in Progress
Old 03-08-2023, 09:58 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick diesel
I wouldn't rely on using the actual create-a-player feature (if that is what you are using), and instead use the fully editable players already in a roster or the online player vault (so like minor leaguers that don't have a face scan or downloaded players from the community vault).

Use import player/export player while in Roster Control mode. Export and save the fictional players you edited, and then import them over the real MLB players to replace them forever. Unfortunately you can only do that to players on teams, so to get rid of real players on the free agents list you have to assign them to a team first.

You might want to just start with like a "Joe Random" and then import that same generic player over and over again (its a grind for sure) until all the "real" players are gone, and then begin your journey of editing each Joe Random into a, uh, realistic fake player. One thing to note is that position players can only be imported over other position players, and likewise pitchers can only be imported over pitchers.

It really isn't difficult to do, but it can be anywhere from fairly time consuming to extremely time consuming. If you do not care too much about having super realistic player appearances, career stats, contracts, names, etc. you can get thru a single full team (including all the minor leaguers) in probably 4 to 5 hours after getting the hang of things. On the flipside, I have been doing a fictional roster for MLB 20 off-and-on for a couple of years (don't have much free time lol) with very realistic looking faces, equipment, names, attributes, career stats, etc. for every single player (including 300+ free agents) and it takes me about 20-30 hours to do a 90 player team. But I am a just a bit of a perfectionist lol.

Thank you for your response. I know I'm not the smartest guy but I don't know what you mean. Is their anyway you could go in to further detail on how to do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2023, 05:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, I would love to have fictional rosters. So I am assuming that the fictional rosters from previous years will not be available in the vault for 23? I am kind of new to the vault, so I’m not real sure how all of this works
Old 03-15-2023, 05:54 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoevobo
Yeah, I would love to have fictional rosters. So I am assuming that the fictional rosters from previous years will not be available in the vault for 23? I am kind of new to the vault, so I’m not real sure how all of this works
the only time the vault had roster carry-over was 19 rollover to 20. they haven't done it since and don't expect them to do it again unless y2y carry-over saves returns.
so the only thing that will be in the 23 roster vault will be whatever gets created after March 24

A Work in Progress
Old 03-22-2023, 04:26 PM   #8
Pro

How do you import players in to a franchise? I am still confused. I create Joe Randoms and replace them with real players through roster control? Then after all real players are gone I edit all the joe randoms? And I do this all through roster control screen outside of franchise?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »