Home

Simple features that should already be in 2K

This is a discussion on Simple features that should already be in 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2023, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

leoribas3's Arena

OVR: 0
Simple features that should already be in 2K

Sorry for not using a wishlist thread but I just feel like there are some simple features that should be in the game for like a long time and I think we should compile some of them here. These are not huge new features that take a huge chunk of dev time. These are simple things that would make our experience way better.

I will start with some that really annoy me:

1- ADD A MANUAL REPLAY BUTTON! Cmon guys, NBA LIVE had this in '18. After every bucket you could press R3 and it would show a replay of the play. This is super simple and would solve the issue of those SUPER ANNOYING replays that we just dont want to see, and also provide us with an easy way to watch a cinematic replay of a play instead of relying on 2K to decide if it was worth a replay or not.

Theres tons of moments I have to pause the game, enter the damn instant replay mode, mess with the cameras, find a good angle, and replay it the right slow motion speed. It sucks. It pauses the game and pauses immersion. Fix this. And please make sure the camera angles are good.

2- FIX THE BUGGED R2/L2 BUTTOM PROMPTS ON THE ON THE FLY SUBS AND PLAYCALLING MENU

Bro its so annoying to pull up the on the fly substitution menu, wanting to choose a lineup to sub in (starters/bench/defense etc) and having to remember which buttons to press to scroll through the pages on the menu.

And when you trying to call a play for a specific player and it only shows the usual "quick iso/pass and screen/give and go", I have to think what freaking button I have to press to access the actual playbook. Its stupid. Its annoying.

We have a 24 second shot clock. Stop making me waste precious time having to remember stuff that should be appearing on the screen LIKE IT USED TO IN PREVIOUS GAMES. STOP MESSING UP STUFF THATS WORKING. WHO SAID IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO REMOVE A SIMPLE BUTTON PROMPT. NOBODY HAS EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT THAT.

What other simple stuff yall noticed that could drastically improve our gameplay experience?

Feel free to add to the thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2023, 12:18 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Simple features that should already be in 2K

I feel you had to reach hard for these "simple features" to complain about.

The first complaint about pressing a button to have a replay is a weird one for me. Yes, NBA Live has this, but it's there to compensate the fact that the game has no broadcast logic. So instead of increasing the authenticity of a television broadcast, they gave it to the user.

2Ks replay system is integrated in the broadcasting presentation itself. The focus is to make the game have a realistic presentation to that you see on television. I have never minded pausing the game to have full control of replays and have always thought the replay system in NBA Live would often miss what you wanted to see anyway.

The other complaints sounds more like a you problem. I actually don't know what you're meaning on the third complaint. I think the system overall is simple enough. At least it isn't nearly as convoluted as Maddens offensive adjustments setting hot zones and such. Now that sucks!

To add to the thread, why can't we choose to skip the halftime show all together. I hate pounding on a button to have delayed and minor cuts to the halftime show. Let us skip it.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2023, 12:57 AM   #3
Rookie

leoribas3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
I feel you had to reach hard for these "simple features" to complain about.

The first complaint about pressing a button to have a replay is a weird one for me. Yes, NBA Live has this, but it's there to compensate the fact that the game has no broadcast logic. So instead of increasing the authenticity of a television broadcast, they gave it to the user.

2Ks replay system is integrated in the broadcasting presentation itself. The focus is to make the game have a realistic presentation to that you see on television. I have never minded pausing the game to have full control of replays and have always thought the replay system in NBA Live would often miss what you wanted to see anyway.

The other complaints sounds more like a you problem. I actually don't know what you're meaning on the third complaint. I think the system overall is simple enough. At least it isn't nearly as convoluted as Maddens offensive adjustments setting hot zones and such. Now that sucks!

To add to the thread, why can't we choose to skip the halftime show all together. I hate pounding on a button to have delayed and minor cuts to the halftime show. Let us skip it.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk
The first point is just an option. You simply dont press it if you dont want to. You can like 2Ks presentation, I do too, but its a simple feature that would add to the experience of a lot of people. The game prioritizes dunks, blocks and alley oops on thr replays. A lot of times I pull off a sick combo dribble move and finish with a layup and no replay happens. Thats also the case for stepback shots. Theres never replays on those. This feature solves the problem and you dont need to use it if you dont want to.

The second point, the button prompt is MISSING. Pull up your on the fly subs menu right now. It will show you the players that are on the court, and you can sub them. The R2/L2 button prompt to scroll to the predefined lineups (Starters/defense/etc) is missing. You have to guess what button to press until you find out its the triggers.

New players most likely struggle to switch lineups and call specific playbook plays, since it also occurs when you try to call plays.

Sure, you can get used to it and just remember it. Or they could fix the ****ing prompt and save us the mental gymnastics.
Old 03-07-2023, 03:44 AM   #4
Pro

The ability for the user to initiate draft day trades using the rights of players that haven't signed yet (ie - the team picking before me takes the player I want, so I offer my pick plus future picks etc to get his rights).

The CPU can include players it's just drafted or propose these kinds of trades on draft night, but for some reason the user can't, which is a huge oversight.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:49 AM   #5
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

The return of being able to rotate your player when editing jump shots. Such a simple request, and a feature that was in 2k previously, but strangely taken out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2023, 06:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

For the replays, i think it was perfect in NBA 2K11. Just had to push Square and the window disappeared.

In NBA 2K12, it changed and it became more complicated. You had to push R3, and choose the lign "make disappear the help".
But what you want with the replays system of live 18, it is just impossible because it is EA and EA don't give their system to 2k.
During the game i like for example when there is a really good action, and you can see the replay like that, it doesn't bother me.

"I have to think what freaking button I have to press to access the actual playbook"

I always make the mistake between L1 and R1. It is terrible. But right now i try to choose and simplify the playbook in the priority. If i don't need low post or isolation, i remove it.

The usual "quick iso/pass and screen/give and go" I have ever said in another thread that it was so useless. And i also waste time due to this.
But you push really quikly R2 to access to the playbook you don't waste time.

For my part to make substitution i never used the starter/bench/defense etc option. I know my players and if i want to play with a player or another i make a manuel substition.

The manuel substitution was way way way way easier on PS3. On PS4 it was terrible. Now on Ps5 it is better than on PS4 but not as good as on PS3. So please 2k come back to the PS3 sub system.

I also think it was more easy to set the defense on PS3, deny pass etc.

What bother me a lot is when you make a pass to a player, if he receives the ball in the moovement he will not respect the blue circle spot.

Or when your player is dribbling without mooving and you want he advance just a little bit so you moov your joystick just a little bit, and the plaer don't moov, you have to try 3 time before he moovs, and if you push the joystick just a little bit to strong he make a bg dribble and go out the blue circle.
Watch on this video, Pippen example and another example with Kukoc at 7:04 it is terrible.

Another thing is the white point to show you which will be the next pass. Sometimes they are really hard to see. On NBA 2k18, the color was blue so easy to see!!

When i want to make a Jordan challenge, i'm always force to watch the presentation video. I thuibnk when you saw the video 5 times, even if it is great to see all those videos, even if hard to be tired, i think we could skip the video.
Also the time out, in NBA 2k11, just push circle and you return immediately in the game. In NAB 2k23 you have to wait 2 seconds before square button works. I add, i never use time out to make changes. And 'm thinking, when you want to make a sub of a center, it is impossible to go on him with the joystick and you never know if you are on him or not.

Last edited by Jordanmike6; 03-07-2023 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2023, 07:42 AM   #7
Rookie

leoribas3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
The return of being able to rotate your player when editing jump shots. Such a simple request, and a feature that was in 2k previously, but strangely taken out.
Damn this one is a big one. It makes a huge difference, eases up the process a lot. Why the hell did they remove it
Old 03-07-2023, 09:06 AM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

1) the ability to change matchups instantly. when I change a matchup in the game (no matter if its with the on the fly menu or in the defensive settings) the change does not take effect instantly but only after the next timeout or quarter end.

2) save and load playbooks.

3a) assign matchups by position (this was in the game before!!) e.g. you want the opposing SF be guarded by your PF all the time.

3b) assign matchup "priority" plans. meaning: I want the opposing star either be guarded by my best defender or if he is on the bench I want my second best defender assigned to him. as it is done right now, I have to change the assignment all the time when the original assignment goes to the bench and then change it back when he subs in again. combine that with 1) and you have massive problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »