Home

Madden 23 (PS5) - [ROSTER] ProjectSL

This is a discussion on Madden 23 (PS5) - [ROSTER] ProjectSL within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2023, 02:01 AM   #1
Rookie

megacity1's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 23 (PS5) - [ROSTER] ProjectSL

Welcome to my Madden 23 Roster Thread which I've dubbed "ProjectSL" (name pending)

While watching the XFL the other day and keeping in loop with the USFL, I had this tizzy of an idea to haul over all the rosters into these alternate league squads. I hemmed and hawed over the thought, but the only way to know I wanted to take this on was to jump right in. And so I did.

There are times where I wish Madden's creation features were limitless, but I had to kick it old school and use a pen and paper to figure out what I was going to do with the teams and divisions.

My initial thought was to couple them together such as the XFL in say the AFC North/South and USFL NFC North/South, for instance. However, I opted to keep it "open ended" so to speak. My decision was to try and keep teams to their region, though that comes with its own set of issues.

The XFL currently has 3 (HOU, ARL, SA) Texas teams to the USFL 1 (HOU). As an example of how I'm going to handle this:

XFL
Houston Roughnecks >>> Tennessee Titans
Arlington Renegades >>> Dallas Cowboys
San Antonio Brahmas >>> Indianapolis Colts (still not 100% on this)

USFL
Houston Gamblers >>> Houston Texans

And for the first 2 completed teams I have now:
St. Louis Battlehawks >>> Los Angeles Rams (You can move them back to St. Louis)
Seattle Sea Dragons >>> Seattle Seahawks

The Rams gave me fits because of their salary cap restrictions, but I managed to get it done. I really wish there was an option for turning off the cap in the main menu/roster management. Anywho, I'm very happy with the end result.

Before I continue to trudge forward, I did want to come to the board and field thoughts, opinions, and suggestions. I'll take everything because I do want to finish this (hopefully, lol) and perhaps a few of you will enjoy it for what it is also.

The OVR are a bit of a hurdle and have me second guessing some things, but I bumped AJ McCarron to a 62 (58 default) and Ben DiNucci to a 58 (55 default), if I remember correctly - what I'm trying to get at is; Should I leave the default overalls from the game or should I bump them a little bit?
I started on the LV Vipers (Raiders), made Luis Perez and I tailored him to a 67 OVR. Then I went and made Vic Beasley, who's probably the highest rated player right now between the three teams at a 78.
I'm seesawing on where the OVR should cap. I have in my head 84, to sort of combat the generated draft classes, but still unsure at this time. I'm just creating as I go.

I do plan on tailoring ALL 32 teams - I plan on utilizing the CFL also, which would leave me with 7 randoms. I don't know, I gotta push through this first wave, which looks like the XFL because I found useful depth charts/rosters.

All players, so far, have been edited to the best of my ability. Had to get creative, it's not flawless, but it'll work for the purpose of this roster file.

Just wanted to put this out into the universe. I'm going to make an effort to work on it when I can. Right now I'm on my third team, starting on this project last Thursday/Friday between work and down time.

Thank you for reading and hope to update often.

TL;DR: Re-working the Madden Roster into Alternative League squads starting with the XFL. The St. Louis Battlehawks will be represented by the Los Angeles Rams.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »