Home

MVP Baseball 2023 roster! (ps2-2005)

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2023 roster! (ps2-2005) within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-26-2023, 11:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 21
MVP Baseball 2023 roster! (ps2-2005)

Updated MVP Baseball 2005 rosters for the 2023 season! These are far from perfect, but major trades/free agents/top prospects are in this updated roster. This is for PS2. You'll notice some retired guys are still in here and some old minor leaguers; the base roster used was about 7 years old and updated annually. Here are the team rankings after the edits:

ATL (1), MIN (2), SD (3), TOR (4), LAD (5), HOU (6), NYY (7), NYM (8), CWS (9), SEA (10), STL (11), PHI (12) ...MIL (14), TB (18), TEX (23).

Includes top prospects Carroll, Henderson, De La Cruz, Walker, Lawler, Chourio, Volpe and more! ...over 20+ hours put in this winter on this roster. Enjoy!

(Note this is a .psv file ... so you'll need a memory card converter to get on a ps2 or ps3 ...put this on a flash drive).

Treyz

PS - I've been personally updating this roster every offseason the past seven years ... a 2016 roster was originally purchased off of ebay or amazon (I can't remember) about 7 years ago from "adventuraexcellence" ... but over 75 hours of my own work have been put in since, so it's far from his roster. But this person deserves some credit, if he does still sell a roster ... look him up, it will be far better than mine here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PS3.zip (284.5 KB, 303 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2023, 11:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 21
Re: MVP Baseball 2023 roster! (ps2-2005)

You'll notice the top 150 players in MLB are included in this current roster ... ratings (and depth charts) are simply based on my own knowledge and the Lindy's magazines. (Top-40 prospects are included in AAA or AA for most teams).

Treyz
Old 02-27-2023, 02:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Excellent work!
I don't have a PS2 but can appreciate this kind of dedicated hard work.

75 hours? You are being humble and generous.

Easily in the hundreds,

Post this @ MVP Mods, i am sure a few people would be interested in it.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:34 AM   #4
Just started!

I can't thank you enough. I usually mod with the PC version, however I recently bought a SteamDeck and cannot get the EXE to work with Proton or WINE. So have been exploring emulation which works great on the deck. This will atleast keep that game alive for me.

Could you share how to edit the rosters from the save files? Do you convert the saves to something that MVPEdit can use? Sorry new to PS modding.
Old 03-01-2023, 12:53 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyzAllDayz
Updated MVP Baseball 2005 rosters for the 2023 season!
This, like all your work, is probably absolutely amazing, man. I do remember
the write up about these rosters here. I can't wait to try it out. I just have to get myself MVP 2005 for PS2.

The problem with MVP on PC at this point is that there are so rarely working updated mods. The process of updating the game by people who don't really know what they're doing has sort of created a mess of id tables and face updates. But if you can just be happy with names and updated ratings for most of the important players, then this can be awesome which I'm sure it is. Would love it for XBOX as the graphics were always better back then than on PS2 but good enough. Can the PS2 version also play widescreen like the XBOX one could?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2023, 11:25 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyzAllDayz
You'll notice some retired guys are still in here and some old minor leaguers
Do you think there's any chance of the roster getting ruined in any way by going through deleting those less active and retired players? Like Goins and Martin on the Jays.
Old 05-02-2023, 05:46 PM   #7
Rookie

GettngSteezy's Arena

Does anyone know where to find a memory card with the 23 rosters like degrom on the rangers etc. what would I need to get the padres updated jerseys
Old 05-03-2023, 12:20 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettngSteezy
Does anyone know where to find a memory card with the 23 rosters like degrom on the rangers etc. what would I need to get the padres updated jerseys
You're not gonna get any graphics updates on an MVP console mod. It's just never been reverse engineered in that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »