Home

The Trade Deadline Needs To Mean More

This is a discussion on The Trade Deadline Needs To Mean More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2023, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Trade Deadline Needs To Mean More

I think its self explanatory..

But I will explain more lol

The deadline, especially in recent years, has been a hotbed for trades. We may not have a single trade at the deadline for MyNBA.. (Let alone the only offseason trades are in the draft.. and are only for picks..)

I've been playing Fifa career mode.. while not perfect by any means.. they have a "hour by hour countdown" when the transfer window closes.. And some major moves happen (maybe not always the best logic but we have veto power in 2k)

I'm a roster creator and the ones of you that have used my Kobe Era Roster set know I'm all about immersion.

We need the deadline to hyper.. for us to have that immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Trade Deadline Needs To Mean More

I'd be all about exploding all sorts of MyNBA moments to add to the immersion.

I always think back to NFL 2K5's approach (yes, 18 years ago) when they had a weekly SportsCenter episode that not only showed highlights from that week's games, but also made note of significant injuries, trades, and signings.

Even NCAA 2K had a Selection Show.

I'll just say, when I saw NFL 2K5 add those sorts of features, I figured the sky would be the limit by the time we made it to 2023.

Trade Deadline, Draft, All-Star Weekend, Playoffs... there's so many opportunities for neat little shows or key focus zones. Instead, they all sort of just come and go.
Old 02-10-2023, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Wil2DaSon's Arena

OVR: 3

One way to get the effect you want is to crank the trade slider up to 100 right before the trade deadline. There are guys in the slider forums who have outlines for when to change the trade slider.
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”– Michael Jordan
Old 02-10-2023, 10:43 AM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil2DaSon
One way to get the effect you want is to crank the trade slider up to 100 right before the trade deadline. There are guys in the slider forums who have outlines for when to change the trade slider.

This is what I've been doing in my eras franchise and the cpu AI goes ham during the trade deadline week. Lots of trades proposals. Also, there is a slider that has the AI work harder at resigning its players so the off season doesn't look like a mess.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:55 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Also, there is a slider that has the AI work harder at resigning its players so the off season doesn't look like a mess.
What slider is this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2023, 02:06 AM   #6
Rookie

Increase the frequency of trades by allowing more trades to occur, the deadline will become more significant as teams scramble to make roster changes before the deadline.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'd be all about exploding all sorts of MyNBA moments to add to the immersion.

I always think back to NFL 2K5's approach (yes, 18 years ago) when they had a weekly SportsCenter episode that not only showed highlights from that week's games, but also made note of significant injuries, trades, and signings.

Even NCAA 2K had a Selection Show.

I'll just say, when I saw NFL 2K5 add those sorts of features, I figured the sky would be the limit by the time we made it to 2023.

Trade Deadline, Draft, All-Star Weekend, Playoffs... there's so many opportunities for neat little shows or key focus zones. Instead, they all sort of just come and go.
Useful videos

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »