Home

Other Historic Teams on PS5

This is a discussion on Other Historic Teams on PS5 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-05-2023, 01:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Other Historic Teams on PS5

Hello Everyone,

So, first of all I want to say, the vast majority of roster creators on this forum are outstanding. Frankly I stole your work to complete the historic teams. I would give credit but in all honesty I don’t really remember which roster I got the players from, and some players were just picked out of the 2K share. Most of the players were taken from MJWizard, Peregino, and RJ Spazz, with several others I’m sure I am forgetting (sorry, if you see your work and I didn’t give you credit feel free to give yourself a shoutout and call me a bad name, I can take it, and please I mean no disrespect). I thank all of you for not only making great creations but allowing us to use them.

I’ve also expanded some to complete the rosters to 15. Some are simply players who were drafted but never played, or the team held their rights until years later when another team picked them up. But none of those players appeared for another team the season in question.

I use the playoff rosters which is why you will see me refer to teams by the years their seasons ended. For example, the 2010 Lakers, as opposed to the 2009-2010 Lakers.

I'd like to share some of what I've been trying to do. It's slow going, I work two jobs and frankly I am just riddled with ADD (LOL), so, I do what I can, when I can.

For some reason in the past I've developed an issue with dismantling and deleting the current teams. I'm not sure why, but I wanted to keep them intact. I haven’t exactly kept up with all the trades and signings but will catch up on those some time soon. So, to keep those modern teams intact, I decided to take advantage of the G-League teams being in there and make historic teams, placing them in the All-Time rosters and G-League.

With the Eras option now available it changes some of the teams I usually create. For example I see little reason to create the 2002 Hornets or Celtics when they are now on the game and MJWizard is all over creating those rosters. I tried to choose some teams not everyone makes, although some, like the `93 Suns, are a must.

Here's what I am planning, some of which has been completed, others a work in progress.
This is on the PS5 under ‘Completed & More Historics’; user name PlatnumSh0tz999.

BTW, isn’t it interesting if you try to save as a “classic” roster it’s considered an “offensive word”. Just wondering why.

All-Time 76ers - 1967 Champions (although I may move this team to the Blue Coats because the uniforms)
Delaware BlueCoats - 2005 Philadelphia 76ers (again, may swap)
All-Time Bucks - 1983 Bucks (although may jump back to 2001 team just to battle 2001 76ers)
Wisconsin Herd - 2021 Milwaukee Bucks
All-Time Bulls - 1974 Bulls (although I’ve jumped back and forth from `72, `73, and `74)
Windy City Bulls – 1997 Chicago Bulls
All-Time Cavs - 1976 Cavs
Cleveland Charge - 2009 Cleveland Cavaliers
All-Time Celtics - 1974 Champions
All-Time Clippers - 2006 Clippers
All-Time Grizzlies - 2015 Grizzlies
All-Time Hawks - 2010 Hawks
Sioux Falls Skyforce – 1968 St. Louis Hawks
All-Time Hornets - 1998 Hornets
Greensboro Swarm - 2008 Hornets
All-Time Jazz – 2007 Jazz
All-Time Knicks – 1970 Champions
All-Time Lakers – 1982 Champions
Stockton Lakers – 2010 Los Angeles Lakers
All-Time Magic – 2009 Magic
All-Time Mavericks – 1988 Mavericks
All-Time Nets - 2006 New Jersey Nets
Long Island Nets – 1974 New York Nets
All-Time Nuggets – 1982 Nuggets
All-Time Pacers – 1998 Pacers
All-Time Raptors – 2016 Raptors
All-Time Rockets – 1986 Rockets
Raptors 905 – 2018 Houston Rockets (I know this is the Raptors affiliate, but the color scheme works better for the Rockets than the Valley Vipers)
All-Time Trail Blazers – 1977 Trail Blazers
All-Time Spurs – 1983 Spurs
Austin Spurs – 2003 San Antonio Spurs
All-Time Suns – 1976 Suns
Northern Arizona Suns – 1993 Phoenix Suns
All-Time Thunder – 2017 Thunder
OKC Blue – 1975 Kentucky Colonels ABA Champs (because of color scheme)
All-Time Warriors – 1967 Warriors
Santa Cruz Warriors – 1975 Golden State Warriors
All-Time Wizards – 1978 Bullets
Capital City Go-Go – 1997 Washington Bullets
Texas Legends – 1967 Cincinnati Royals – similar color scheme

Some other G-League teams such as the Capitanes de Ciudad de México, I’d like to make into a classic Euroleague team such as the 2010 Barcelona team that beat Kobe and the Lakers in 2010. The color scheme for Capitanes de Ciudad de México leans more toward Tel Aviv, so I was thinking perhaps the 2005 Euroleague champions.

I will change some teams a year or two to represent either a championship year or a year the team was in or at least closer to the NBA Finals, hence perceived as a better or more successful team.

1971 Lakers to the 1972 Champions
1972 Knicks to the 1973 Champions
1991 Trail Blazers to the 1992 Western Conference Champions
1995 Knicks to the 1994 Eastern Conference Champions
1998 Lakers to the 2000 Championship team
1998 Spurs to the 1995 team with Dennis Rodman
2000 Raptors to the 2001 team that lost in 7 to AI and the 76ers
2005 Spurs to the 2007 Spurs, because I want to.

Also thinking about moving the 1990 Cavs to the 1989 team with Ron Harper, but could also turn them into the `92 EC Finals team, the 2003 Suns to the 2000 team with Jason Kidd, and the 2008 Nuggets to the 2009 team which lost to Kobe’s Lakers in the WC Finals, although you’d lose Iverson doing this, so I'm not really decided yet (told you ADD).

I hope you all enjoy. I usually liked to wait until a roster is completed but it usually takes me until at least the playoffs to complete things the way I want to complete them. Meaning no one can see what I do, not to mention critique. So I thought I’d try and put this out as a work in progress. As I said it’s slow going but it’s fun.

Thanks to this entire Operation Sports community. It is outstanding to have this forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »