Home

Stat Tracking

This is a discussion on Stat Tracking within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2023, 11:10 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Stat Tracking

Does 2K track career totals from the standpoint of becoming the all-time leading scorer or the all-time assist leader?

I want to start a franchise but 82 games is a lot. The NBA seems to focus more on per game averages and I could play 1/2 of a season and be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2023, 02:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Stat Tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Does 2K track career totals from the standpoint of becoming the all-time leading scorer or the all-time assist leader?

I want to start a franchise but 82 games is a lot. The NBA seems to focus more on per game averages and I could play 1/2 of a season and be fine.
Yes, they do. They have a top 100 for the majority of stats you see listed on a player card, including things like career triple doubles. They also have most 40 and 50 point games. The records will reset to whatever Era you start in, as well. So like if you start in '83 for the Magic/Bird Era, Wilt will be the all-time leading scorer, and Kareem will probably break the record that year, like in real life.

They have a tab for the records of each individual franchise, too, but they weren't updating properly in the Eras mode. Not sure how they update in a Modern Day MyNBA.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:48 PM   #3
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Sidenote: If 82 games is too much to play, the best thing to do is to keep the in-game season at 82 games, but come up with some personal system for which games you play vs. which ones you sim. Personally, I like to play all games vs. the opposite conference, but only away games for in-conference opponents. That's 56 games, I believe -- mostly away games, which is nice because of all the variety of stadiums, but also enough home games for home to feel like home. Other ideas: Same system, but sim all in-conference games prior to All Star Break. You could even just play each team once, though you'd have to have some way of tracking so you don't forget.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:50 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Sidenote: If 82 games is too much to play, the best thing to do is to keep the in-game season at 82 games, but come up with some personal system for which games you play vs. which ones you sim. Personally, I like to play all games vs. the opposite conference, but only away games for in-conference opponents. That's 56 games, I believe -- mostly away games, which is nice because of all the variety of stadiums, but also enough home games for home to feel like home. Other ideas: Same system, but sim all in-conference games prior to All Star Break. You could even just play each team once, though you'd have to have some way of tracking so you don't forget.
Love these ideas.

I'm a bit looser around the edges. I just play a game every two weeks of my season or so. Though, with MyEras, it's become more of a grab bag where I'll just arbitrarily select a historic team that interests me and find a matchup.

I've always reasoned that simming games in franchise mode allows a nice mix of my own in-game abilities alongside my general managing abilities (i.e. whether I create a good enough team to win via simulation).
Old 01-31-2023, 10:54 PM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Love these ideas.

I'm a bit looser around the edges. I just play a game every two weeks of my season or so. Though, with MyEras, it's become more of a grab bag where I'll just arbitrarily select a historic team that interests me and find a matchup.
Thanks. Yeah, in practice I am looser with it too, mostly in the form of simming over in-conference away games if I played the team recently. The goal is just to play enough to have in-game feel / appreciation for each team, their look, their stadium, their lineups, etc. As long as I feel like I have that, I'm good.

Quote:
I've always reasoned that simming games in franchise mode allows a nice mix of my own in-game abilities alongside my general managing abilities (i.e. whether I create a good enough team to win via simulation).
That's my reasoning too. It helps keep things in check in case I'm over- or under-performing in my played games. It helps the team end up closer to where it should be. Do you also sim in the playoffs? I always play game 1, sim games 2 & 3, play game 4, sim game 5 if it's a non-elimination game, then play games 6 & 7. The only exception is if it's the first or second round and one team takes a 3-0 lead. In that case, I'll sim the rest of the series game-by-game, only jumping back in if it goes to a game 7.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2023, 07:35 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
Yes, they do. They have a top 100 for the majority of stats you see listed on a player card, including things like career triple doubles. They also have most 40 and 50 point games. The records will reset to whatever Era you start in, as well. So like if you start in '83 for the Magic/Bird Era, Wilt will be the all-time leading scorer, and Kareem will probably break the record that year, like in real life.

They have a tab for the records of each individual franchise, too, but they weren't updating properly in the Eras mode. Not sure how they update in a Modern Day MyNBA.
They are broken in Modern NBA games too. Its heartbreaking, franchise records are such an awesome idea.
Old 02-01-2023, 04:45 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Do you also sim in the playoffs? I always play game 1, sim games 2 & 3, play game 4, sim game 5 if it's a non-elimination game, then play games 6 & 7. The only exception is if it's the first or second round and one team takes a 3-0 lead. In that case, I'll sim the rest of the series game-by-game, only jumping back in if it goes to a game 7.
Yep, I do something similar. Sometimes I sim until my team appears to be in trouble then make a decision from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »