Home

Robinson No More - Titans 23 Franchise

This is a discussion on Robinson No More - Titans 23 Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-21-2023, 09:47 AM   #1
MVP

Adam14's Arena

OVR: 10
Robinson No More - Titans 23 Franchise

Welcome to my new iteration of the Titans Franchise. Some new rules for this one as I'm taking over as an "owner" and acting as the new GM, Ran Carthon, for this franchise.

RULES
All Madden (Matt10 Sliders)
10 Minute Quarters
Only Playing 8-10 games a season. (I will play all divisional games and then pick 2-4 other games during the season that I want to play. Should I make the playoffs, I'll play all of those games.)

I'll likely post scores of each game, but don't expect full game write ups for each one. You'll see posts about recent activities and updates on where the league is at. I'm hoping this keeps the franchise fresh and exciting. If you're ever looking for an update on a franchise, feel free to ask and I'll look at it.

I'm taking over at the Wild-Card Round spot, so the disappointing 2022 season is in the books. First update will be the new GM announcement, then we'll head to the Super Bowl.

Enjoy everyone, feel free to post suggestions.

#TitanUp

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2023, 09:50 AM   #2
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Re: Robinson No More - Titans 23 Franchise

Titans Hire Former 49ers Director of Player Personnel Ran Carthon as the Team's New General Manager

January 18, 2023
Jim Wyatt

NASHVILLE – The Titans have officially hired Ran Carthon as the team's new general manager.

Carthon spent two seasons as director of player personnel with the 49ers after serving five seasons as the director of pro personnel in San Francisco.

Carthon was one of seven candidates to interview for the position with the Titans.

"We are excited to add Ran to our organization as our new general manager," Titans Controlling Owner Amy Adams Strunk said in a statement. "He brings a variety of valuable experiences to our team – as a former player and a successful personnel executive for multiple teams. I was impressed with his natural leadership qualities and his ability to connect with people. With talent evaluation being critical to this role, the roster they have built in San Francisco stands out. He played an important role there constructing one of our league's best teams."

According to the 49ers, Carthon was responsible for evaluating the top college prospects while assisting in the construction of the pro free agency board and evaluations in San Francisco. He also worked with the football administration staff with player market analysis and unrestricted free agency strategy.

Carthon joined the 49ers after spending five seasons (2012-16) as the director of pro personnel with the St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams.

Carthon also spent four seasons (2008-11) as a pro scout with the Atlanta Falcons.

Prior to his time in Atlanta, Carthon had a three-year playing career in the NFL after playing in college at the University of Florida. He broke into the league as an undrafted rookie with the Indianapolis Colts in 2004 and played with the club through the 2006 campaign.

While playing at Florida (1999-2003), Carthon competed in five bowl games and was part of the Gators 2000 SEC Championship team.

Carthon's father, Maurice, played in the NFL with the New York Giants and Indianapolis Colts.

The hiring of Carthon capped a busy and important period that began back on December 6, when Strunk made the decision to part ways with general manager Jon Robinson, who was hired prior to the 2016 season.

After candidates were identified, Strunk led the process of finding Robinson's replacement. The team interviewed seven candidates, including personnel evaluators across the NFL, before narrowing the search to a handful of candidates, and second interviews were conducted.

Strunk said a committee including herself, Kenneth S. Adams, IV from the ownership group, President and CEO Burke Nihill, Senior VP/Business Affairs and Chief Legal Officer Adolpho Birch III and Senior VP/General Counsel & Chief of Staff Dan Werly would be involved in the interviews.

Titans head coach Mike Vrabel also joined the process before Carthon was hired.

"We want someone who is an exceptional talent evaluator, exceptional at roster building, and someone who is an excellent decision-maker," Strunk said in an interview with TennesseeTitans.com at the start of the process. "I also want someone who is a collaborator, someone who is able to find and build consensus to get to the best answers for the team, someone who is open to innovation and evaluating talent beyond the traditional avenues. Just really a talented person in all areas. But more than anything I want someone that can collaborate – that is super important to me, being able to find this person who can collaborate so we're all working together, rowing the same direction.

"I am excited about the process, and I am excited about finding the right person. I think this is going to be a great reset for us going forward, a chance to bring in new ideas, a new way of doing things."

A press conference to introduce Carthon to the media is tentatively scheduled for Friday.

Old 01-21-2023, 10:18 AM   #3
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Pederson's People, Jaguars Stun League, Win Super Bowl LVII

They weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs. They shouldn't have beat the Chargers. Or the Chiefs. Or the Bills. Then it was America's Team in the big game and they dispatched them in a big way, 38-21. Trevor Lawrence shined bright throwing for 340 yards and 4 touchdowns and was appropriately named MVP. "This is pretty amazing man. Can't wait to celebrate this one. Where's the nearest Waffle House?"

The teams were even after the first quarter, but as the second quarter came to a close, the Jaguars pulled ahead and never looked back. Down 28-21 to start the second half and later down 35-21 following Lawrence's fourth touchdown pass, Dak Prescott was forced to try and take over. Unfortunately, late in the fourth quarter following a Travon Walker sack, Prescott would struggle to get back up. Forced out with a concussion, Dallas looked to Cooper Rush to try and fight back. Rush struggled and the Jaguars tacked on a late field goal to seal the win.

The 9-8 Jaguars over achieved this season, Pederson's first season as head coach. Pederson becomes the first coach in NFL history to win Super Bowl titles with two different teams. "It's pretty surreal right now to be honest." Pederson said in an interview.

Old 01-21-2023, 10:21 AM   #4
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Three Things That Will Shape 2023 Off-Season

Quarterback Carousel
The QB carousel is always an intriguing off-season storyline, but this could be one of the biggest ones in recent memory. It all hinges on Tom Brady, but goes way beyond the best quarterback ever. Brady, who has an expiring deal with the Buccaneers, has not announced his plans as the season wraps up. He could retire, could stay with Tampa Bay or he’s free to sign with any team. Once that domino falls, prepare for others to follow. It’s no secret that Zach Wilson’s time in New York is in jeopardy. Derek Carr may be on his way out of Las Vegas. And in San Francisco, no one knows how that will develop. With the play of Brock Purdy this season, could the Niners really move on from both Jimmy Garoppolo and Trey Lance? Toss in the uncertainty of Aaron Rodgers and Tua Tagovailoa and this off-season will be fun to watch.

Who Goes Number One?
In a wild week 18 sequence of events, the Texans won their way out of the first overall pick, handing it to the Chicago Bears. Alabama QB Bryce Young is the odds on favorite to go number one. However, Chicago appears to be quite happy with Justin Fields. Could it be outside linebacker Will Anderson? Defensive lineman Jalen Carter? Or could the Bears take a ransom to trade down for someone to snag Young away from the QB hungry Texans? Time will tell.

Big Money Bears?
Speaking of the Chicago Bears, with over $100M in cap space, could they spend big money during free agency to try and make a run? On the other side, a number of teams find themselves with little-to-no cap space coming into the off-season. Notable teams in cap trouble are Tampa Bay, Los Angeles (Rams & Chargers), and Tennessee.

Old 01-21-2023, 10:26 AM   #5
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Brady Officially Retires

It's official, the greatest quarterback to ever play the game is officially done playing the game. Brady announced today that after 23 years in the league, it was time to hang it up and head into the TV booth. "It's time. It's tough to leave, but I'm ready for the next step in my life."

Brady's retirement is the first domino to fall in what could be an exciting quarterback carousel. Other notable retirements can be seen below:

Head Coach Pete Carroll
WR Julio Jones
WR AJ Green
OT Bryan Bulaga
QB Joe Flacco
WR Randall Cobb
FS Devin McCourty
DE Calais Campbell

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2023, 10:40 AM   #6
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Titans Free Agency Preview

Free Agents
A number of players are not expected to be re-signed and test free agency. This includes defensive tackle Teair Tart, offensive guard Nate Davis, tight end Austin Hooper, linebacker David Long Jr. and wide receiver Nick Westbrook-Ikhine.

They have announced a one-year extension with offensive guard Aaron Brewer.

Trades
A number of players are on the radar for new GM Ran Carthon to move on from. This includes quarterback Ryan Tannehill, linebacker Bud Dupree, and potentially long-time starter Taylor Lewan. There are also rumors the Titans may apply the franchise tag to guard Nate Davis to then trade him.

NFL Draft
Mock drafts currently show the Titans drafting the top offensive tackle, Broderick Jones or top wide receiver Quentin Johnston.

Old 01-21-2023, 09:10 PM   #7
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Titans Free Agency Recap

Trades
TEN Receives | 2023 Round 2 (57th Overall)
NYG Receives | QB Ryan Tannehill, 2024 Round 4
Review | The Giants lost Daniel Jones to free agency (signed with Washington) and after making the playoffs, needed a veteran QB to help them get back. The Titans fourth round selection could become a third round pick should Tannehill miss more 25% of the snaps.

TEN Receives | 2023 Round 3 (82nd Overall, 2023 Round 4 (114th Overall)
DEN Receives | LB Bud Dupree
Review | Dupree and his large contract just didn't work out in Tennessee. The Broncos get help in the pass rush for the cost of two mid round picks.

Signings
Center Jason Kelce | 1 Year | $6M Salary | $6.3M Bonus
Quarterback Baker Mayfield | 4 Years | $8.8M Salary | $11.2M Bonus
Wide Receiver DJ Chark Jr. | 3 Years | $12M Salary | $6.6M Bonus
Linebacker | Sione Takitaki | 3 Years | $9M Salary | $6M Bonus
Offensive Tackle | Terence Steel | 4 Years | $10M Salary | $8M Bonus

Review | Titans spent some effort on the offensive line. Lewan is still on the roster and the franchise tagged Nate Davis is there as well. Kelce and Steel both should step into starting roles to try to help the new quarterback. Speaking of QB, Baker Mayfield's getting another shot on a 4 year deal with the Titans. Titans spend less than what they were paying Ryan Tannehill next season for the life of his four year deal. Low risk, high reward. To help Mayfield, DJ Chark Jr. comes in to help a struggling receiver core. Takitaki looks to take over Bud Dupree's role.

Old 01-21-2023, 09:12 PM   #8
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Notable Signings
QB Geno Smith | SEA
QB Jimmy Garoppolo | MIN
QB Daniel Jones | WAS
QB Baker Mayfield | TEN
HB Tony Pollard | CAR
HB Miles Sanders | ATL