Home

2K23 forcing PS5 off in middle of games?

This is a discussion on 2K23 forcing PS5 off in middle of games? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-19-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
2K23 forcing PS5 off in middle of games?

I've had the game since launch avd have started to experience this issue about a month or so ago.

In the middle of a game, with absolutely no warning, my entire system will power off. It's happened three times now and has only happened while playing 2K.

It's not an overheating issue, as I receive no warning and the system is barely warm.

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do to stop it from happening again?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2023, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K23 forcing PS5 off in middle of games?

I have this same problem, only with 2k. I've kept my system clean, kept it in tip top shape, and it kept happening. Usually when playing myteam online against others. I had to buy a cooling fan system for it, and now run it when I play 2k. It's the only solution that's worked. Good luck, hopefully you find a solution.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-20-2023, 04:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhalljr
I have this same problem, only with 2k. I've kept my system clean, kept it in tip top shape, and it kept happening. Usually when playing myteam online against others. I had to buy a cooling fan system for it, and now run it when I play 2k. It's the only solution that's worked. Good luck, hopefully you find a solution.

I’ve had a PS5 since launch and I’ve never had any games forcibly shut the system down. If you’re resting your PS5 upright, make sure to rest your PS5 horizontally instead of vertical. I heard that keeping the PS5 vertical makes it overheat much more faster. Other than that, best bet is the reboot the system and hope for the best.
Old 01-21-2023, 05:14 PM   #4
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champy123
I’ve had a PS5 since launch and I’ve never had any games forcibly shut the system down. If you’re resting your PS5 upright, make sure to rest your PS5 horizontally instead of vertical. I heard that keeping the PS5 vertical makes it overheat much more faster. Other than that, best bet is the reboot the system and hope for the best.
I've had it both vertically, and horizontal. Only issues are with 2k. 23 has been better as it doesn't shut off as often as 22, but it does happen. I've tried everything, and keep it super clean, it still happens.

Old 01-21-2023, 06:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhalljr
I've had it both vertically, and horizontal. Only issues are with 2k. 23 has been better as it doesn't shut off as often as 22, but it does happen. I've tried everything, and keep it super clean, it still happens.

Yeah, I never had the problem with 2k22, but 2k23 is turning the system completely off.

My system is horizontal and has been since I got it. My system is barely warm when it happens, so it's not overheating.

I deleted it and have reinstalled. It doesn't seem to happen playing a regular game, only when playing a MyEra game. I get into the second half and it shuts off with no prior warning.

If it continues, I guess I'll have to delete it and go back to an older version.

Last edited by captcrash83; 01-21-2023 at 06:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2023, 08:47 PM   #6
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

So weird, mine only does it when playing online, in myteam. No issues otherwise.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Just happened again during a regular Play Now game.

I have deleted the game and reinstalled and it did nothing to fix the problem.

I guess my only option is to delete for good.

Wish I could get a refund.

Old 01-25-2023, 08:46 AM   #8
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Not saying it's not happening, however it seems awful strange that literally you guys are reporting this issue, and from a world base structure, your not hearing a word.

Especially given how new the game is and ps5, what about Xbox series x/s? Granted I haven't played 2k all that much, but when I do, thankfully this has not happened. I only play my Era and franchise. My system is vertical.

I would think something of this magnitude would not only be identified but the source would be and fixed.

You guys might want to look into a possible faulty Playstation unit, yes some of you said it's the only game it does this.

Now a game that NORTORIOUSLY shuts down is WWE 2K22, and even that game does not shut off the entire Console, it just hard resets, or crashes back to the dashboard.

And for those asking about a return, you have a crash report tracking system on ps5 now, you will have to first call sony and get log in verification and they will provide special incidents for your reports to give to the company in question.

And believe it or not you can get refunds for truly faulty games digital or hard cased. Yeah Its alot of footwork, but I'm just saying there's alot of people with these next generation systems and a heck of alot of people in the World that plays 2k.

If the issue is as bug as you guys are saying I'm sure 2k would acknowledge it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »