Home

Slider thoughts

This is a discussion on Slider thoughts within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-18-2023, 02:40 AM   #1
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

OVR: 0
Slider thoughts

Let’s be honest here

How many of you have had a really good slider set locked in. You’re playing game after game and you’re loving it. Until you see one thing, one animation, one player clipping through another that you don’t like. You think another set out there exists that will fix that problem and you abandon it, thus creating a severe case of slideritis

I am not here to say I don’t suffer from it. I absolutely do. But I will say this. I have been slowly every year going to less and less lengths to make the game play the “right way” I simply don’t feel like editing traits of every single player or making sure that I import from main menu to franchise.

My philosophy with sliders is simple. Keep everything at default. I use default All Madden to play now. It might seem crazy, you may be itching to fix that one tiny issue that another set can fix but breaks a million other things. But keep it at default and watch real football be played on the screen, where anything can happen and not limited to slider or penalty values
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2023, 03:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Slider thoughts

That does sound interesting. How has that been working out for you?

I just may give it a go.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:57 AM   #3
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMPURPJG
That does sound interesting. How has that been working out for you?

I just may give it a go.

Pretty great. Games not perfect. But if it plays the closest to default or at default, imo it looks and feels better animation wise.

I do however wanna mess around with the speed parity scale. The way it’s been taught to me is that 95 is what you put if you want tighter coverage and a more rigid game and 0 for more wide open gameplay

Right now mine is at 50 since I’m defaulting everything. Might bump it up and see what it looks like. I’ll lyk
Old 01-18-2023, 09:48 AM   #4
Rookie

TON1C's Arena

OVR: 2

I definitely agree with where you're coming from. I picked up the game a few weeks ago and have tried about every set on here to no avail - no matter what something was "wrong" or "off" or "missing". Then I tried JoshC's one-click set. And while it's not perfect, it gives me a lot of what I'm looking for - impactful ratings, no ratings boosts/nerfs to the CPU or user, competitive and varied games, and like you're talking about - not obsessing about what slider to tweak next. My only gripe per se is too many INTs and fumbles but not sure if I'm going to mess with that or not.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:44 AM   #5
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TON1C
I definitely agree with where you're coming from. I picked up the game a few weeks ago and have tried about every set on here to no avail - no matter what something was "wrong" or "off" or "missing". Then I tried JoshC's one-click set. And while it's not perfect, it gives me a lot of what I'm looking for - impactful ratings, no ratings boosts/nerfs to the CPU or user, competitive and varied games, and like you're talking about - not obsessing about what slider to tweak next. My only gripe per se is too many INTs and fumbles but not sure if I'm going to mess with that or not.

JoshC has a fantastic set, it’s a little too easy for my taste which is why I play on All Madden. But I find that him and I share similar stances on sliders and achieving a fair gameplay

Last edited by CLORPIOUS; 01-18-2023 at 12:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2023, 02:07 PM   #6
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

My approach to Madden 23 is different from most in terms of sliders.

My focus isn't so much about whether or not players are performing according to their Madden ratings but moreso whether they are performing like their real-life counterparts.

I watch the action on the field and ask "Does it resemble what I see on Sundays?" and I wasn't seeing that at all with default sliders/settings on all-pro or anything close to default.

But once I began applying my theory and accomo****** for all the adjustments EA made on their end via patches, I found something pretty close to what I was seeking, especially in terms capturing the physicality, explosiveness and suddeness of the sport.

I'm also getting penalties with my set. Sometimes none and other times too many as crazy as that may sound. Lol! So overall, I'm quite pleased.

Still, at the end of the day, sliders are a matter of personal taste so I implore folks to find their "fit".
Old 01-18-2023, 03:25 PM   #7
Rookie

CLORPIOUS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
My approach to Madden 23 is different from most in terms of sliders.

My focus isn't so much about whether or not players are performing according to their Madden ratings but moreso whether they are performing like their real-life counterparts.

I watch the action on the field and ask "Does it resemble what I see on Sundays?" and I wasn't seeing that at all with default sliders/settings on all-pro or anything close to default

But once I began applying my theory and accomo****** for all the adjustments EA made on their end via patches, I found something pretty close to what I was seeking, especially in terms capturing the physicality, explosiveness and suddeness of the sport.
I'm also getting penalties with my set. Sometimes none and other times too many as crazy as that may sound. Lol! So overall, I'm quite pleased.

Still, at the end of the day, sliders are a matter of personal taste so I implore folks to find their "fit".

Kanobi I avidly use your sliders as well from time to time. Awesome set you cooked up. You know more than I do about the little things in the game
Old 01-19-2023, 09:49 AM   #8
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLORPIOUS
Kanobi I avidly use your sliders as well from time to time. Awesome set you cooked up. You know more than I do about the little things in the game
Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed my set!

I think what drives my approach is a longtime background with the old 2k football games.

It just dawned on me that what I've been attempting subconsciously is to replicate the explosiveness and violence of those 2k games (particularly APF 2k8 and its focus on the uniqueness and impact of elite players) in Madden 23...at least to the extent that Madden's own physics/animation engine will permit.

In that regard, my current set is not perfect by any stretch but it's about as close as I can get it to 2k gameplay IMO. Overall, it's a very addictive endeavor even if it ultimately proves futile. LOL!

Last edited by Kanobi; 01-19-2023 at 09:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »