Home

2023 World Baseball Classic Roster

This is a discussion on 2023 World Baseball Classic Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2023, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2023 World Baseball Classic Roster

2023 World Baseball Classic Dream TeamRosters on MLB the Show 20. San Diego Studios should really hire me to make this roster for them.

I decided to start from scratch and make a 2023 edition on MLB the Show 20. These are full 90 man rosters with the exception of a few countries. The roster has 28 total countries and a USA young star team and Rest of the world team. I tried to make each country as competitive as possible and decided to change the Roster file to Dream Team Rosters. Basically if a USA player didn't have a high enough rating to make the 90 man USA roster I decided to put them on their ancestry team. For example, Andrew Benintendi to Italy, Joey Gallo to Italy, Tellez to Mexico etc. Each MLB player has their latest SCEA player rating from MLB 23 The Show (live roster update).

For non MLB pitchers I have rated every professional baseball league in the world and weighted it relative to Major League Baseball. This includes all Minor League levels from AAA, AA, A+, A, A-, Advanced Rookie ball (Pioneer&Appalachion Leagues), Gulf Coast and Arizona Rookie Leagues , the DSL and former VSL rookie leagues. I also rated the Independent Leagues with the Atlantic League being the best followed by the CanAM and American Association and then the Frontier League and lesser Indy Leagues. The foreign leagues have been weighted as. The NPB being the 2nd best league in the world, KBO, CPBL, AUBL, Mexican League, Italian, Dutch, Czech, German, Spanish, French,PWL, VWL, DWL, MWL and Cuban Leagues. Division I College and The Arizona Fall League were also weighted. Pitch Types, Stamina for non MLB players were taken from OOTP baseball.

For non MLB position players ratings were taken from OOTP and set the ratings relative to Major League Baseball. For players in the Japanese League I took their speed, defense, arm strength/ accuracy from Pro Spirits baseball and their offensive ratings from OOTP (relative to MLB). I'm extremely happy about how accurate the ratings and player models came out. I have spent an insane amount of time on everything.

The countries in this roster build are ranked 1-30 below (which includes their overall rank, contact rank, power rank, pitching rank, defense rank and speed rank. I'll also put the MLB team you need to overwrite in franchise in ().

1. United States.(Braves) USA ranks #1 overall, 1st in contact, 1st in power, 1st in pitching, 1st in defense and 1st in speed. Since it's a Dream Team roster build, everyone is avaialble to USA. The lineup and pitching rotation are insanely good and USA is in a class of its own. In a short series, when Jacob Degrom can come out of the bullpen and replace Max Scherzer, its too much for most to handle. (Not a single starting pitcher from this 90man roster pitched for team USA in the actual 2023 WBC and they still managed to make the finals).
1. Mookie Betts 2b
2. Mike Trout Cf
3. Bryce Harper Dh
4. Aaron Judge RF
5. Matt Olson 1b
6. Austin Riley 3b
7. Kyle Tucker Lf
8. Corey Seager SS
9. Sean Murphy C

1. Degrom
2.Strider
3.Cole
4. Gallen
5. Skubal
Bp- Mclanahan, Kershaw, Fried, Scherzer, Gausman, Mclanahan, Wheeler, Armstrong, Phillips, Bednar, Fairbanks Bench-, Bellinger, Realmuto, Carroll, Rutschman, Semien

I've added up the Con, Power, Pitching, Defense and Speed Categories for all countries and

2. Dominican Republic.(Rangers) DR ranks # 2 overall, 3rd in contact, 2nd in power, 3rd in pitching, 2nd in defense, 4th in speed. The DR is the 2nd best team in this roster build.

3. Venezuela.(Yankees) Venezuela ranks #3 overall. 2nd in contact, 6th in power, 4th in pitching, 6th in defense, 10th in speed.

4. Japan.(Twins) Japan ranks 4th overall, 7th in contact, 5th in power, 2nd in pitching, 17th in defense, 3rd in speed. Japan's team is built around their outstanding pitching staff. Shohei Ohtani is in the game as a starting pitcher, you have to manually insert him in the dh spot before games. Munetaka Murakami's overall ratings appear a bit low, but he still has serious power. His defense ratings from Pro Spirits are pretty terrible, which makes his overall rating appear lower than it should. He gets high potential and he will continue to grow thoughout franchise. Yamada, Yanagita, Sakamoto, Yoshida and Okamoto are all tough outs. Shugo Maki is another good young infielder. Japan gets help from Lars Nootbar and Seiya Suzuki. Roki Sasaki and Yoshinobu Yamamoto might be the two best pitchers on this team.

5. Cuba. (Dbacks) Cuba Ranks #5 overall. 4th in contact, 3rd in power, 6th in pitching, 10th in defense, 22nd in speed. Since these are Dream team rosters, Cuba gets a big boost from Defectors and Cuban Americans. With the addition of Cuban-Americans like Nestor Cortez, Carlos Rodon etc their pitching went from a weakness (from my roster from last year) to a strength. Cortez, Manoah, and Rodon have taken significant steps backwards since last season) The lineup is dangerous obviously centered around Yordan Alvarez, Abreu, Yandy Diaz, Adolis Garcia, Luis Robert and has key veteran (Gurriel coming off the bench) Bullpen is decent with NPB late inning arms Moinelo and Martinez in addition to Chapman, Cano and Iglesias.

6. USA Young Stars. (Reds) USA Young stars rank 6th overall, 5th in contact, 4th in power, 5th in pitching, 3rd in defense, 2nd in speed. Extremely athletic team overalll. Would have been ranked even higher perhaps... (Anyone with a rating high enough to be on USA's 90man roster was placed on that roster).

7. Puerto Rico. (Angels) PR ranks 7th overall, 9th in contact, 8th in power, 7th in pitching, 5th in defense, 29th in speed. Lindor stays at short I decided to Put George Springer on PR because his rating was too low to make the USA 90 man roster. (He is also on Panama as a CAP) He's eligible to play for USA, PR And Panama) he gives the lineup a boost. PR's starting pitching is thin, but Marcus Stroman made the move from team USA to PR (he's a dual citizen) and he gives them a huge boost. Correa and Baez had down years and are on PR's bench. Triston Casas is somehow eligible to play on PR. His grandfather was Cuban, but he was placed on PR's preliminary roster so I have him on PR insted of USA young stars as they are pretty set at 1b. Casas gives their lineup a much needed boost. Their Bullpen is very solid and their lineup is good overall.

8. Mexico. (Cardinals) Mexico ranks 8th overall, 6th in contact, 9th in power, 8th in pitching, 8th in defense, 25th in speed. Mexico being ranked so high will suprise most, but the with the addition of Mexican Americans, Mexico gets a huge boost.

9. Italy. (Dodgers) Italy ranks 9th overall, 8th in contact, 7th in power, 9th in pitching, 4th in defense, 9th in speed. Obviosuly Italian Americans give Italy a huge boost to say the least, which is their entire roster and most of their 90man, with the exception of a few Italians in the minor league system. Anthony Rizzo, Gallo, Benintendi, Zunino, Stasse, Nimmo, Frelick and Conforto are just a few of their big name players, which explains their 9th overall ranking.

10. Canada. (Nationals) Canada ranks 10th overall, 10th in contact, 12th in power, 10th in pitching, 15th in defense, 6th in speed. Might surprise some, but they are underrated. Starting roatation is good, lineup is lefthanded heavy, but decent.

11. Germany ranks 11th overall. This will be a shock to some but for this edition, I put any German-American who didn't have a high enough ranking to make USA's 90 man roster on Germany, along with some German players on their roster. Other countries use US born players so that was my reasoning and why they jump all the way up to 11.

12. South Korea. (Royals) South Korea ranks 12th overall, 13th in contact, 14th in power, 13th in pitching, 11th in defense, 15th in speed. Tommy Edman is eligible to play for South Korea and the US, so he's on the USA (90 man, not 40 man though) and South Korea's starting SS. His defense along with Ha Seong Kim at 2b is elite. Their ranking seems a bit low, but it has more to do with the fact that teams like Italy, Mexico etc. have top import players available to them. They usually meet PR in the AL Wild card play in game during sims.

13. Israel. (Brewers) Israel ranks 13th overall, 14th in contact, 10th in power, 12th in pitching, 22nd in defense, 23rd in speed. Israel has all Jewish Americans playing for them, with the excpetion of Max Fried and Alex Bregman (whose ratings were high enough to be on USA's 90 man). There are a few players from Israel in the minor leagues and former big leaguers (OOTP still gives ratings to retired players factoring in their age).

14. Spain. (Phillies) Spain ranks 14th overall. 11th in contact, 19th in power, 14th in pitching, 7th in defense, 7th in speed.. Spain has a few players that have represented them in qualifier events, and a few Spanish players on their 90man, but most of their players are Dominican, Venezuelan, Cuban, Puerto Ricans and Americans with Spanish ancestry who were not rated high enough to be on their country's 90 man roster.

15. Colombia (Cubs) rank 15th overall, 12th in contact, 15th in power, 15th in pitching, 19th in defense, 11th in speed

16 . Netherlands. (Orioles) The Dutch rank 16th overall, 16th in contact, 11th in power, 19th in pitching, 13th in defense, 21st in speed. Boegarts stays at SS. Gregorius to 1st. Schoop to 3rd, Albies to 2nd leaving elite defender Simmons on the bench, Their starting pitching is very weak, which holds them back a lot, but Jansen is a big arm out of the bullpen. (Paul Dejong has been added to their roster)

17. Panama. (White Sox) Panama ranks 17th overall, 17th in contact, 17th in power, 20th in pitching, 12th in defense, 13th in speed. A lot of guys with big league time, but nobody elite. Average pitching, not much power, but good speed on the basepaths.

18. Chinese Taipei. (Blue Jays) Chinese Taipei ranks 18th overall, 18th in contact, 16th in power, 22nd in pitching, 16th in defense, 8th in speed. Chinese Taipei or (Taiwan) have basically a CPBL All-star team and a few guys with MLB, NPB and MILB experience. Corbin Caroll has a Taiwanese mother so hes on USA and Chinese Taipei. Stuart Fairchild also has a Taiwanese mother I believe and is on the team. Yu Chang and Tzu Wei Lin have big league time as well as some pitchers.

19. The Philippines. (Giants) The Philippines ranks #19 overall, 20th in contact, 18th in power, 16th in pitching, 18th in defense, 18th in speed. The Philippines were a qualifier team back in 2013 and 2017, but couldn't field a competitive team in 2022. With the help of Filipino-Americans like Lincecom, Tebow, D'arnaud brothers, Saladino, Addison Russell, Jordan Yamamoto and Robert Stephenson, they are not a pushover. Elite Japanese reliver Uda Yudagawa is on the roster as he has filipino ancestry and is thier best pitcher.

20. Great Britain. (Red Sox) Great Britain ranks 20th overall, 19th in contact, 20th in power, 17th in pitching, 24th in defense, 5th in speed. A lot of Bahamians make up their starting 9 and British-American pitchers with pro experience. Jazz Chisholm is their only elite player. Not much power in this lineup, but the 5th fastest team in the game.

21. Nicaragua (Padres) Nicaragua ranks 21st overall, 23rd in contact, 21st in power, 18th in pitching, 21st in defense, 26th in speed.

22. Brazil (Mariners) Barzil ranks 22nd overall, 21st in contact, 24th in power, 24th in pitching, 14th in defense, 19th in speed

23. Australia. (Athletics) Australia ranks 23rd overall, 24th in contact, 25th in power, 23rd in pitching 23rd in defense, 14th in speed.

24. France (Tigers) France ranks 24th overall, 27th in contact, 26th in power, 21st in pitching, 28th in defense, 20th in speed. France got a little help from imports with this rating.

25. China. (Astros) China ranks 25th overall, 22 in contact, 23rd in power, 27th in pitching, 20th in defense, 16th in speed. Kolten Wong did not have a high enough rating for team USA, so he is on China as are several other Chinese Americans like Ray Chang, Kean Wong, Connor Wong, Joey Wong, Keston Hiura and Connor Joe and Chinese nationals with ootp ratings.

26. Czech Republic. (Indians) Czechia ranks 26th overall, 25th in contact, 22nd in power, 26th in pitching, 26th in defense, 28th in speed. They get a bit of help from imports. Martin Cervenka made it to AAA with the Orioles.

27. Rest of the World. (Mets) The Rest of the World Ranks 27th overall, 26th in contact, 27th in power, 25th in pitching, 25th in defense, 12th in speed. Players are from the rest of the world (Belgium, Austria, Sweden, Honduras, Thailand, Pakistan, Lithulania, Ireland, Jamaica, Guatemala, Guam, African countries, Russia, Portugal and more. I gave them Pakistan home uniforms and Thailand road uniforms since I didn't have room for those two countries in this build.

28. South Africa. (Rays) South Africa ranks 28th overall, 29th in contact, 28th in power, 28th in pitching, 29th in defense, 27th in speed. Unlike some other countries, South Africa does not rely on imports when playing in international events. They automatically qualified for the 2006 and 2009 WBC's and failed to qualify in 2013 , 2017 and 2023. Their uniforms are one of my favorites.

29. New Zealand. (Rockies) New Zealand ranks 29th overall, 28th in contact, 29th in power, 30th in pitching, 27th in defense, 24th in speed.

30. Argentina. (Marlins) Argentina ranks 30th overall. 30th in contact, 30th in power, 29th in pitching, 30th in defense, 30th in speed. Argentina played well in their qualifier, but failed to make the main event.

Last edited by Wbcfan; 01-22-2024 at 07:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2023, 07:53 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 2023 World Baseball Classic Roster

Out FREAKING Standing!!!

I love your rosters and can't wait to start a WBC franchise, I have some uniforms already I used for WBC 20.

Thanks so much. Awesome job.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 01-07-2023, 09:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
Out FREAKING Standing!!!

I love your rosters and can't wait to start a WBC franchise, I have some uniforms already I used for WBC 20.

Thanks so much. Awesome job.
I like to fire the existing managers and hire managers and coaches from those countries or ancestry

Netherlands Manager- Ty Van Burleo
Japan- Dave Roberts
Pr- Manager- Luis Rivera, Hitting coach- Charlie Montoya,1st base coach- Sandy Alomar Jr, 3rd Base coach- Alex Cintron
DR- Manager- Manny Acta, Hitting coach- Luis Ortiz, 1st base coach- Ramon Santiago, 3rd base coach- Carlos Febles
Israel- Manager- Gabe Kapler, pitching coach- GLenn Hoffman, 1st base coach Rick Eckstein,
Germany- Ron Gardenhire
Mexico- Manager- Rick Renteria, 3rd base coach- Tony Perezchica
Italy- Terry Francona, Hitting coach- Torey Luvello, 1st base coach- Gary Disarcina, 3rd base coach- Rocco Baldelli,
You'd have to fire all these coaches from their existing teams beforehand in order to hire them
Old 01-12-2023, 12:57 AM   #4
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

WBCFan,

My DMs are open so let me know if you want any help with this roster. I could do faces and/or equipment for select players.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 01-12-2023, 10:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Nice, can't wait to dive into this.

And while Canada will fly below everyone's radar, it's team is actually pretty awesome, and probably the best it's ever had for the WBC. Freddie Freeman, Vlad Jr, Tyler O'Niell, Josh naylor. SP's Jameson Taillon, Piveta, Soroka, Quantrill, Paxton, Zach Pop...we just don't have a SS, don't think we ever will
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2023, 11:19 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
WBCFan,

My DMs are open so let me know if you want any help with this roster. I could do faces and/or equipment for select players.
Really appreciate that! Just to let you know, this is for MLB 20 I’ve just updated the rosters for 23
Old 01-14-2023, 11:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone Walker
Nice, can't wait to dive into this.

And while Canada will fly below everyone's radar, it's team is actually pretty awesome, and probably the best it's ever had for the WBC. Freddie Freeman, Vlad Jr, Tyler O'Niell, Josh naylor. SP's Jameson Taillon, Piveta, Soroka, Quantrill, Paxton, Zach Pop...we just don't have a SS, don't think we ever will
Vlad JR is repping the DR. All of those other guys are on Canada in my roster, even though not all of them will commit to the real WBC

Last edited by Wbcfan; 01-14-2023 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-16-2023, 08:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbcfan
Vlad JR is repping the DR. All of those other guys are on Canada in my roster, even though not all of them will commit to the real WBC
Dang, I assumed he'd play for Canada.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »