Home

MyNBA Assistant Coaches

This is a discussion on MyNBA Assistant Coaches within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-06-2023, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MyNBA Assistant Coaches

Does anyone have any evidence/tips/info on whether assistant coaches make any difference whatsoever in MyNBA? The chance to choose and associated badges looks great on paper, but is it worth the effort to choose certain ones? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2023, 10:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA Assistant Coaches

It's really hard to tell. I'm 25 years deep and I still don't know.

I will say that I spent 13.5m on my HC salary the last few years and as a result the rest of my staff often low quality or outright missing, and I havn't noticed a significant difference.
Old 01-07-2023, 06:31 AM   #3
MVP

I honestly have no idea what coaches affect at all for user controlled teams. Like literally it seems like they affect nothing.
Old 01-10-2023, 12:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm coming to the same conclusion. Strange that they would go to so much trouble to build that in and then not explain any of it (or even mention it) or have it actually affect the game.
Thank you.
Old 01-10-2023, 12:20 PM   #5
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

I feel like it does but it could just be coincidence. For example, I don't play games/just watch or sim and in my Mavs MyEras save, my team noticeably improved after firing Bill Fitch and hiring Chuck Daly. Then Chuck couldn't get out of the first round for 6-7 straight years, hired Avery Johnson who won a title in his first year and 2 Western conference finals in the following 3 years. Hired Steve Kerr to replace him, my best coach yet in terms of attributes and badges and the roster is currently stronger than my title winning roster yet we (just) missed the playoffs in Kerr's first year and have started his 2nd year 2-5 and he's probably going to get fired if the record isn't close to .500 after 20-25 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2023, 06:05 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
I feel like it does but it could just be coincidence. For example, I don't play games/just watch or sim and in my Mavs MyEras save, my team noticeably improved after firing Bill Fitch and hiring Chuck Daly. Then Chuck couldn't get out of the first round for 6-7 straight years, hired Avery Johnson who won a title in his first year and 2 Western conference finals in the following 3 years. Hired Steve Kerr to replace him, my best coach yet in terms of attributes and badges and the roster is currently stronger than my title winning roster yet we (just) missed the playoffs in Kerr's first year and have started his 2nd year 2-5 and he's probably going to get fired if the record isn't close to .500 after 20-25 games.
Chuck Daly is in the game?? I thought he wasn’t though i haven’t looked at the latest 80’s coaches updates in a while. I’m let sure i didn’t see him on the retro pistons on the modern roster though.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:10 PM   #7
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Chuck Daly is in the game?? I thought he wasn’t though i haven’t looked at the latest 80’s coaches updates in a while. I’m let sure i didn’t see him on the retro pistons on the modern roster though.
Yeah, he's the Pistons coach if you start in the MJ era, I'm in 2008 and still have him as assistant GM after firing him as coach. I'm also pretty sure he's the only real coach in the game who's "real face" can be selected from the preset heads when you edit staff members so you can create him anytime.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:59 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
Yeah, he's the Pistons coach if you start in the MJ era, I'm in 2008 and still have him as assistant GM after firing him as coach. I'm also pretty sure he's the only real coach in the game who's "real face" can be selected from the preset heads when you edit staff members so you can create him anytime.
Wait what?? I just looked and there’s a generic guy as the pistons coach in the Jordan era.

Which preset # is his head???? At the very least I’ll create him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »