Home

2k23 Custom Uniforms

This is a discussion on 2k23 Custom Uniforms within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-01-2023, 04:07 PM   #1
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
2k23 Custom Uniforms

I didn't see a thread for this, but I wanted to share my Sonics expansion team. I'm on last gen, and there's some funky stuff with the uploading and custom logos this year, so I don't think I'll be going crazy. But as I'll be using the Sonics, had to make a new set for them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2023, 04:08 PM   #2
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Re: 2k23 Custom Uniforms

This is what I would consider like the Sonics' "City" sets.

Old 01-01-2023, 06:24 PM   #3
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

OVR: 0

The green/yellow looks nice. Not a fan of the black/green though.
Old 01-02-2023, 05:45 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

The Black is my least favorite too. I'll probably end up replacing it with something else. My plan is to use the Kelly Green as the alternate to my primary set.

Old 01-05-2023, 06:30 AM   #5
Pro

My created team, the Fresno Hunters:

Home:

Road:

Alt:

Am also on current gen. Has been a very tedious task this year due to custom images taking so long to appear in game, and it's disappointing we can't get a fourth jersey or alternative court designs on Xbox.

Last edited by sirdez; 01-05-2023 at 06:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2023, 07:15 PM   #6
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

It's still miles better than what's in Madden or The Show, but I too wish it was still better. 4th uniform, uploading easier, but I also wish you could change the accessory colors like you could in a previous version. I wish there were more arena options, more number fonts, more options on where to put logos, especially on the baseline, Nike/Jordan/NBA logos just being toggleable in the right spots instead of having to take up precious logo spots, shoulder stripes being in the Nike style that's been used by every team for years, not having tiny NOB, etc, more staining options on the court (as opposed to just paint), toggleable outlines on fonts (on jerseys and on the court), etc.

I think I found a better way to do the black alternate. And it ended up being two different black alternates along with other alternates in the 90's red and green. Got inspiration from an alternate on this set: https://www.behance.net/gallery/7670...niform-Concept

Also changed my primary logos. After using mostly the same logos since 2k19, I adopted this logo on my sets: https://www.reddit.com/r/logodesign/...nics_nba_logo/

Old 01-07-2023, 11:40 PM   #7
Pro

I accepted long ago that they don't make money off this type of stuff so they're not going to improve it, which is fine. It'd be nice if you could at least pick accessory colours though - the bug where home accessories show as royal blue instead of team colours has been on xbox for four versions of the game now. It can't be that hard to fix, surely?

Anyway those threads are nice. The cursive/script font on a slight angle with the front number on the right is a fool proof template for all teams.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:56 AM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Finally finished what will be the second team in my franchise with the Supersonics.

This one was a lot tougher for me. My idea started coming from this: https://ryanmeils.myportfolio.com/la...-team-branding. I thought there was some cool stuff there, but when I was doing it, it just didn't look right to me for the longest time. Finally figured out a regular and alt set, though, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

For all of this, the biggest obstacle was the uploading. It's just so bad now, and is the biggest reason I don't think I'll be doing anymore of these, as much as I enjoy it. Uploaded some stuff and had to wait more than two days for it to appear in game. And when it finally did, more than half the stuff I uploaded didn't make the cut. So I had to reupload all of that, which took another full day to show up. It's just really bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »