Home

Post-up turnaround/fadeaway slider?

This is a discussion on Post-up turnaround/fadeaway slider? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-21-2022, 08:34 PM   #1
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Post-up turnaround/fadeaway slider? (CPU)

Anyone know which particular shooting slider setting controls the CPU's ability to make post-up turnaround & fadeaway shots?
Is it the Inside shot success, close shot, or mid-range shot success? Wichizit?
CPU is basically unstoppable once he's in the post and enters that shooting animation. No matter how perfectly you time trying to block or simply affect the shot, it's a swish everytime. Only thing stopping it is if the CPU takes it from too far out.

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 12-23-2022 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2022, 12:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Post-up turnaround/fadeaway slider?

Seems to me that this shot seems a bit overpowered for users too. Is anyone else noticing that? Using real % or shot timing, in both methods it seems like an extremely high percentage shot for guys like James Edwards, Jack Sikma, and Terry Cummings. Conversely, i shoot a much lower percentage with Kareem’s sky hook. Lower percentage using real % and the shot timing seems much less forgiving when using the shot timing meter.

If anyone could help with toning down the fadeaway and the drop step to where they can be used but don’t feel quite so automatic and cheesy, that would be great.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:51 PM   #3
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtron0329
Seems to me that this shot seems a bit overpowered for users too. Is anyone else noticing that? Using real % or shot timing, in both methods it seems like an extremely high percentage shot for guys like James Edwards, Jack Sikma, and Terry Cummings. Conversely, i shoot a much lower percentage with Kareem’s sky hook. Lower percentage using real % and the shot timing seems much less forgiving when using the shot timing meter.

If anyone could help with toning down the fadeaway and the drop step to where they can be used but don’t feel quite so automatic and cheesy, that would be great.
For this, I think raising the User shot timing impact would make it harder. However, this would make shot timing for all shots, not just fadeaways, more difficult...

I've tinkered with my sliders all the way up & down, so User fadeaways are anything but automatic.
Old 12-22-2022, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks. That’s probably part of my problem. I’m struggling with other shots, so I have that slider low enough to hit those. But then it’s making turnarounds too easy. Just for some players though. I’ll have to keep working with it.
Old 12-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #5
Rookie

eich6bc's Arena

Re: Post-up turnaround/fadeaway slider? (CPU)

Try the strength slider. It controls the strength used when players are in post up position backing down the defenders. In my set I have both cpu and user strength at 0 so it’s difficult to back them down and make an easy bucket and vise versa when cpu is backing me down. Let me know if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »