Home

Question about creating "real life" NBA ERAs mode

This is a discussion on Question about creating "real life" NBA ERAs mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-21-2022, 05:28 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Question about creating "real life" NBA ERAs mode

Sorry if this has been addressed I try to search but couldn't find anything. So if I want to recreate a "real life" ERAs mode ie... Have the rosters as they were is this my only option. Lets take the 80s ERA start off download one of many 1983 rosters that has all players named correctly, take control of every team, download the draft(that has everyone named) then draft accordingly and take care of every free agent etc.. then rinse repeat for every year..... ORRRRRR is there an option to keep the rosters as they were in real life. Any help would be great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2022, 05:58 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Question about creating "real life" NBA ERAs mode

You would need to manually make every roster move yourself.

The Eras mode has a historical starting point, but after that point its an alternate history sandbox
Old 12-21-2022, 07:53 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You would need to manually make every roster move yourself.

The Eras mode has a historical starting point, but after that point its an alternate history sandbox
Damn thats what I thought. Thanks! I hope in the future they have an option of doing this.
Old 12-22-2022, 05:58 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Sorry if this has been addressed I try to search but couldn't find anything. So if I want to recreate a "real life" ERAs mode ie... Have the rosters as they were is this my only option. Lets take the 80s ERA start off download one of many 1983 rosters that has all players named correctly, take control of every team, download the draft(that has everyone named) then draft accordingly and take care of every free agent etc.. then rinse repeat for every year..... ORRRRRR is there an option to keep the rosters as they were in real life. Any help would be great!
Defeats the purpose of the mode, no?

The mode is built on alternate reality... Drafting a player in a different spot, making the playoffs instead of tanking, or conversely, blowing it up...

That would make it impossible to directly replicate real-life. If the Bulls have the 20th pick instead of the 3rd pick, they don't get Jordan.
Old 12-22-2022, 06:44 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Damn thats what I thought. Thanks! I hope in the future they have an option of doing this.
I wouldn't get my hopes up for such a thing. It is entirely too much work. And how would they handle a user going rogue? You make one trade or signing and it could cause massive problems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2022, 07:31 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66

The mode is built on alternate reality... Drafting a player in a different spot, making the playoffs instead of tanking, or conversely, blowing it up...

That would make it impossible to directly replicate real-life. If the Bulls have the 20th pick instead of the 3rd pick, they don't get Jordan.
Ya I get it I think its just a pipe dream on my part. I like replaying "real life" season and such. But I get it it would be damn near impossible
Old 12-23-2022, 12:19 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66

I think the beauty of this mode is that people can make of it what they will, including replicating real life.

I decided to go ahead and run an 80's era that aligns with most of reality and it's been amazing, as though I'm participating in a rolling historical document. I felt like I already knew a lot about 1980's basketball but I find myself learning more and more with each day through player movement, team changes, and more. For one, I had a total misconception of Joe Barry Carroll's career before playing this mode.

My habit so far has been to control all teams, play out the season at hand, then draft players to their correct teams in the offseason, even if the slots don't align (I drafted Jordan to the Bulls but at around the sixth pick instead of the third). Then I handle the offseason transactions while listening to an era-specific playlist and embark on a new year.

It can be a little bit of work come offseason but I've loved it.

Quote:
Ya I get it I think its just a pipe dream on my part. I like replaying "real life" season and such. But I get it it would be damn near impossible
Closest you may be able to get off the cuff is through uploading scenarios, which are pretty much MyEra starting points other games have provided. For instance, once I made all the 1987 transactions, I uploaded it as a 1986-87 scenario.
Old 12-23-2022, 01:16 AM   #8
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

These exist out there if you know where to look. I wish OS would add a category for these in the 2K Basketball forum so we could keep track of these and direct other users where and what gamertag to use

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »