Home

Anyone else have sticky analog and fix for it?

This is a discussion on Anyone else have sticky analog and fix for it? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-20-2022, 12:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone else have sticky analog and fix for it?

I've been wearing out my analog stick every year with my Xbox controller where the player is frozen. I have to push the stick downward to get him freed up again. In the past I've just bought a new one, but it's getting a bit tired spending the money over and over. I'm so hard on my controller in NHL and this is the price I've had to pay.
Has anyone got a fix for this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2022, 12:54 AM   #2
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Re: Anyone else have sticky analog and fix for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
I've been wearing out my analog stick every year with my Xbox controller where the player is frozen. I have to push the stick downward to get him freed up again. In the past I've just bought a new one, but it's getting a bit tired spending the money over and over. I'm so hard on my controller in NHL and this is the price I've had to pay.

Hey fiddlerpaul !

I had a PS4 pro before and I used to go through controllers like they were candies 😳 Always the stick that started to drift and whatnot… I used to take my controller apart at the end and tried to clean and stuff, I was a master at taking these controllers to pieces and put them back up…

That being said, it was always a temporary fix, until I was fed up and bought a new one…

Now, when I bought the XBSX, the 1st thing I did was buying an extended warranty of 3 years on my XBSX controller… Whatever happens to it, I bring it back… I already have a new one, got mine replaced about a month ago 😆

My extended warranty is already paid for and worth it… And now, I just wait until it pucks up again and get a new one 😀
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 12-20-2022, 09:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
Try a cheap solution with Electronic Contact Cleaner. Works like a charm on my Xbox controllers, but can be used on any controller. Just make sure you remove your batteries before using and then allow it to dry before putting them back in.
This video shows it being used on an Oculus controller, but you can use it the same on any controller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xdG...=OPENPCreviews
Old 12-20-2022, 11:24 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for both the replies. Good ideas, will try cleaning then the warranty idea. I'm sure to get use of the warranty.
Old 12-20-2022, 12:02 PM   #5
Pro

It could the tiny grey plastic piece in the L stick that's broken. I had two contollers that it happened to and fixed them following this vid. I used a tiny ziptie for one and a twist tie to fix the other. They both feel stronger now than when brand new.

https://youtu.be/8JfO9HdzgW0
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »