Home

Rogers Centre (Blue Jays) Stadium Renovations

This is a discussion on Rogers Centre (Blue Jays) Stadium Renovations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-12-2022, 08:22 AM   #1
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

OVR: 0
Rogers Centre (Blue Jays) Stadium Renovations

Renovation project will take 2 years and cost $300 million.

Biggest renovation in this stadium's history. They are saying something along the lines of they are turning this stadium into a ballpark:

https://bluejays.fanportal-mlb.com/ballpark-renovation/

I doubt any of these renovations make it into MLBTS23. SDS might as well wait until MLBTS24 when the renovations will actually be completed to put in the work on their end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2022, 04:02 PM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Rogers Centre (Blue Jays) Stadium Renovations

Close friend of mine works for the Jays, I will ask him to see if he can get a photo of the work going on at the dome. I wonder how much work has been done so far?

I think the outfield wall and stands should be in the game. The fact that they have these graphics on their website make me think that it should be easy for the developers to get this year changes into the game. I love the raise bullpens. It was wasted space since the dome opened. Also, the new dimensions of the fens gives the outfield true alleys.

True story, about 25 years ago they had a hot tub set up to the left of the batters eye for a Lobatts Blue promo. I was given tickets for it, so i had free food and drinks plus had a nice hot tub during the game. My old *** would not be doing that now. LOL.

The biggest reno will be when they change the direction of the seats on the 1st and 3rd sides. They will no longer face in the direction for a football game. That will be huge for fans, but that is happening following next season.

Last edited by mike24forever; 12-12-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2022, 06:01 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

I hope (although I’m skeptical) that these changes make it feels less the like the last of the “concrete donuts” that it is. I’ve been to 8 MLB parks and this is my least favorite so far (awesome fans, though.)
Old 12-13-2022, 07:39 AM   #4

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

The fact that the Jays made up a whole video with 3D models showing what the changes will look like, I hope it means at least some changes makes its way into MLB23.
Old 12-28-2022, 05:11 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5
Talking Re: Rogers Centre (Blue Jays) Stadium Renovations

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbekoscke
Renovation project will take 2 years and cost $300 million.

Biggest renovation in this stadium's history. They are saying something along the lines of they are turning this stadium into a ballpark:

https://bluejays.fanportal-mlb.com/ballpark-renovation/

I doubt any of these renovations make it into MLBTS23. SDS might as well wait until MLBTS24 when the renovations will actually be completed to put in the work on their end.

amazing photos wow. makes me wanna catch a game again and hit the pizzapizza on front street asap
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2023, 01:31 PM   #6
Rookie

ped3328's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
amazing photos wow. makes me wanna catch a game again and hit the pizzapizza on front street asap
I sure hope the devs at SDS took a long look at the simulated crowd at the renovated Rogers Center which shows clearly that a vast majority of the fans are dressed in blue, not in red. It's been years and still not fixed. The primary Blue Jays color is BLUE.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:08 PM   #7

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped3328
I sure hope the devs at SDS took a long look at the simulated crowd at the renovated Rogers Center which shows clearly that a vast majority of the fans are dressed in blue, not in red. It's been years and still not fixed. The primary Blue Jays color is BLUE.
But Canada......

I haven't played since the PS3 days, but tell me they've added open and closed dome options.

Or at the very least, don't have opened domed games where it's almost freezing temperatures and fans in the stands are dressed like it's November, because that's never been a thing in that venue.
Old 01-09-2023, 02:17 PM   #8
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
But Canada......

I haven't played since the PS3 days, but tell me they've added open and closed dome options.

Or at the very least, don't have opened domed games where it's almost freezing temperatures and fans in the stands are dressed like it's November, because that's never been a thing in that venue.
They do have open/close roof options. However, the devs appear to think that it's 40 degrees in Toronto in the middle of the summer. I played an open roof game in July the other day and fans in the stands were wearing earmuffs and heavy coats.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »