Home

Franchise set up

This is a discussion on Franchise set up within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2022, 10:33 AM   #1
Banned

HennyHefner's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise set up

I’m so sick of madden over complicating their franchise set up. If I start in week 10 with their still behind play now mode I can’t edit other teams depth charts or who they sign from practice squad or free agency. It’s total BS and takes away from the authenticity of the mode. I want to user control everything and keep it as close to real life as possible and madden makes that as difficult as possible. It’s by far the worse franchise set up in any sports game I’ve ever played and it’s not even close.

There’s no select all for the teams. If a player sat out like fields did in week 12 I now have to just let him play because madden won’t let me go touch another teams depth chart.

If I paid 80 for the game and it’s just me In a franchise just let me do what I want and play it how I see fit. Idk why they make it some complicated. It’s easy to do on mlb the show and 2k. It makes me never want to purchase the game again as I’m strictly a franchise play and I hope and pray that ncaa football isn’t set up the same or I’ll have to pass on this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2022, 05:08 PM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Franchise set up

One way you maybe can control CPU depth chart is by OVR ratings. It works on the NEXT week, IIRC. But maybe you can do it by doing a trade of a crappy player to them so that there is a roster change and them a corresponding roster adjustment.

Haven’t tried it yet, but here how it might work:

Edit starter to be worse than backup.
Swap terrible players in a trade.
Possibly make one more roster move.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:20 PM   #3
Banned

HennyHefner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
One way you maybe can control CPU depth chart is by OVR ratings. It works on the NEXT week, IIRC. But maybe you can do it by doing a trade of a crappy player to them so that there is a roster change and them a corresponding roster adjustment.

Haven’t tried it yet, but here how it might work:

Edit starter to be worse than backup.

Swap terrible players in a trade.

Possibly make one more roster move.

Just too much work. My point is madden should give me total control especially in a franchise I’m only playing by myself. NBA 2k and MLB the show don’t make things so damn difficult.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennyHefner
I’m so sick of madden over complicating their franchise set up. If I start in week 10 with their still behind play now mode I can’t edit other teams depth charts or who they sign from practice squad or free agency. It’s total BS and takes away from the authenticity of the mode. I want to user control everything and keep it as close to real life as possible and madden makes that as difficult as possible. It’s by far the worse franchise set up in any sports game I’ve ever played and it’s not even close.

There’s no select all for the teams. If a player sat out like fields did in week 12 I now have to just let him play because madden won’t let me go touch another teams depth chart.

If I paid 80 for the game and it’s just me In a franchise just let me do what I want and play it how I see fit. Idk why they make it some complicated. It’s easy to do on mlb the show and 2k. It makes me never want to purchase the game again as I’m strictly a franchise play and I hope and pray that ncaa football isn’t set up the same or I’ll have to pass on this as well.

You are preaching to the choir on this one. I've always said this, why is it that EA restricts the freedom of the user to play the game the way he/she wants to play it? Those other sports games are designed to allow you the freedom to do what you want and just get to playing. Want to relocate right away? Play in a different stadium? Change the weather or conditions or presentation mode? Open or close your dome? Want to switch sides? Go right ahead, it's your game.

With EA none of that is possible and I don't get the impression that those things are important enough to them for them to change it.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:44 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Just too much work. My point is madden should give me total control especially in a franchise I’m only playing by myself. NBA 2k and MLB the show don’t make things so damn difficult.

Yes, your point stands that the control we have in Franchise mode is well below par for the industry.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2022, 01:45 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdeville
You are preaching to the choir on this one. I've always said this, why is it that EA restricts the freedom of the user to play the game the way he/she wants to play it? Those other sports games are designed to allow you the freedom to do what you want and just get to playing. Want to relocate right away? Play in a different stadium? Change the weather or conditions or presentation mode? Open or close your dome? Want to switch sides? Go right ahead, it's your game.

With EA none of that is possible and I don't get the impression that those things are important enough to them for them to change it.
My guess for the answer to this is that the bones of Franchise mode were designed by someone who doesn’t really play Franchise mode, and that it was designed entirely with the idea of being a social experience with online leagues.

Old 12-08-2022, 06:38 AM   #7
Banned

HennyHefner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
My guess for the answer to this is that the bones of Franchise mode were designed by someone who doesn’t really play Franchise mode, and that it was designed entirely with the idea of being a social experience with online leagues.

Now this I can totally see.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:01 AM   #8
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Unfortunately your only way of doing this is to set up 32 coaches (assuming your franchise is offline) and manually making all the changes yourself. I would recommend saving a backup when your finished incase you ever want to start a new franchise, you can work off that save file.

I do this + auto subs, playbooks, depth chart etc. and while time consuming it was definitely worth the effort. I also mirrored most of the NFL trades and then went through teams and made some additional trades of my own. I recommend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »