Home

(SeriesX M23) Guide to selecting custom/generic playbook for CPU in franchise

This is a discussion on (SeriesX M23) Guide to selecting custom/generic playbook for CPU in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-04-2022, 12:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
(SeriesX M23) Guide to selecting custom/generic playbook for CPU in franchise

I’ve seen some posts indicating that the following may not be common knowledge so thought I’d share.

In franchise mode you can select custom or generic playbooks for CPU opponents. It’s actually pretty easy. You need two controllers.

Couple caveats:

-I’ve only tested this on SeriesX M23
-I only tested this with an offline franchise. Single team.

1) You need two controllers. I use my main controller wirelessly and secondary controller plugged into console.

2) Start a franchise game and when you get to the controller select screen do the following. For your team, go to advanced settings and change your teams playbook if desired but do NOT hit ready.

3) Move your secondary controller to the CPU team and go to advanced settings. Select whatever playbook you want. Could be another team, a custom playbook you edited, or one of the generics.

Do NOT hit ready. Move the controller back to the middle.

4) Hit ready on your team using main controller. That’s it.

To test, select the Pistol generic for the CPU opponent and you should immediately see the CPU team lining up in Pistol every snap.

A couple of side benefits…

Formation subs carry over for both you and the CPU for matching formations. I like to make formation subs for my opponents RBs by creating a coach and then retiring him before each game.

This works for CPU vs CPU as well, which is my preferred play style.

Hope this is helpful. It’s opened up a whole new avenue for me, as I can customize playbooks in the main menu to fix run/pass ratios by adjusting the gameplan star ratings for each down and distance scenario in addition to better goal line offensive play selection. For my team and for all cpu teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2022, 12:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: (SeriesX M23) Guide to selecting custom/generic playbook for CPU in franchise

I love this idea and I have done this in the past, but one question. How does doing this alter the run/pass ratio for the CPU? I thought that once you alter the gameplan that it cannot be used in franchise for the CPU because it saves as a custom playbook that is only accessible to the user. Otherwise the game will be corrupted if you select a custom book for the CPU. How did you work around that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »