Home

Franchise Mode: Create associated AHL team

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode: Create associated AHL team within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-03-2022, 08:47 PM   #1
Rookie

m1a2lt's Arena

OVR: 1
Franchise Mode: Create associated AHL team

I know in NHL 19 (last one I bought), when you did the expansion team, you could create your own AHL team. Can't find a way to do it in 23 (creates its own). Is there a way to make your own team for the AHL?

Last edited by m1a2lt; 12-03-2022 at 10:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2022, 01:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Mode: Create associated AHL team

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a2lt
I know in NHL 19 (last one I bought), when you did the expansion team, you could create your own AHL team. Can't find a way to do it in 23 (creates its own). Is there a way to make your own team for the AHL?
Only if you play with a 33rd Team. You need to create it during the starting process. In NHL 22 was like this, bet in 23 the same.

Last edited by Travolterjohn; 12-04-2022 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-04-2022, 07:54 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

There should be a pop up asking if you want to create your AHL team when doing expansion mode, same as it’s been for years. I haven’t done it myself in 23 yet but I’ve seen others with custom AHL teams. Also, if using the new custom league feature, you can sub in custom teams for any other AHL team.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #4
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

There's two way to do it...

a) When creating a 33rd expansion team league, a pop-up will appear during league creation, asking you if you want to use the default teams, or edit them. Select edit, and you'll get a screen with your AHL current team. Click on it, and you should be able to edit.

b) If you want to replace a current NHL team with you own, then custom league is what you're looking for. Just set it to 32 teams, replacing the NHL team with your own...then click square at team selection menu (you should see a mention about hitting square to substitute the AHL affiliate). For that to work, you're better off creating the team first, in the game main menu (creation).

Hope it helps.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:35 PM   #5
Rookie

m1a2lt's Arena

That's where I'm having problems. Doing the Custom season, it will allow me to remove an NHL team and replace it with my created NHL team but then it defaults me with the removed team's AHL team with no option change it. I already have a team built for the AHL team but can only change the NHL portion. Am I missing something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2022, 03:10 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

By the way about custom league. Missing an option for an expansion draft for a new Team. Not logical that Player with 59 rating have a salary from 2.69 mio If you do not choose fantasy draft. Also not possible to play with teams of ECHL, CHL, AHL as a main team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »