Home

How does the site feel about Pull Up 3s?

This is a discussion on How does the site feel about Pull Up 3s? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-01-2022, 04:50 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

In transition, ball handler decides the defense is all below the line so I'm just going to yak this in one movement, no stop and pop, just pure Raising up.

Now, I brought this up in the past for Midrange. I don't think that's a viable shot in this game. Let alone from 3.

But I just got done watching Devin Booker and Jayson Tatum's highlights last night. Not EVERY shot they took was perfect conditions. They weren't wide open, defense was definitely in the vicinity. And almost NONE of those outside shots were catch and shoot.

I'm just curious because right now we have players leaning out of bounds for 3 in the half court set, which I don't see as should be a consistent shot. But I truly think that the Pull up 3 or pull up jumper in general NEEDS to be a play in 2k.

I don't think it should just be nonexistent.

Bol Bol out here taking pull up 3s but if I tried it with Curry in 2k I bet it'd be like a 20% make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2022, 05:00 PM   #2
MVP

Re: How does the site feel about Pull Up 3s?

Just went in my Mycourt. I can produce a leaning jumper when running up to the line, but he leans away from the basket every time. There is no leaning INTO the shot animation at all on current gen. How is this possible?
Old 12-01-2022, 05:17 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

It’s one of my favorite shots to take this year, even as a 7+ footer

https://streamable.com/ejeqfi

Def viable. Try KD’s pull up

Here is how it looks (CG)

https://streamable.com/jcv8ji

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-01-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It’s one of my favorite shots to take this year, even as a 7+ footer

https://streamable.com/ejeqfi

Def viable. Try KD’s pull up

Here is how it looks (CG)

https://streamable.com/jcv8ji

https://youtu.be/OjAxkynVjOM
2:55

Both clips your character breaks momentum and leans away from the basket even tho you're moving forward.

The clip I showed I've seen Rip, Steph, Ray Allen, Russel Westbrook, DeAngelo Russel, basically any "shot creator" type player ever. Im running towards the basket, in one bounce I use all of my momentum to carry the ball the distance, all I need to do is give it lift and square my shoulders.

Now, I ALSO see those same players mistime this shot and brick HARD off the backboard and long rebounds are usually awful when the D isn't set up.

I'm not saying this should be a RELIABLE shot. But in a complete Heat Check moment? Oh my goodness this would be nasty. This is the type of shot that makes a coach take a timeout on EITHER team. Either he wets it, banks it, or shanks it. That is a HUGE play in a game.

These are the shots Steph started launching from the logo YEARS ago. And this is where the "Limitless Range" idea even came from. The fact that Steph has been doing this for a decade and it's not even MO CAPPED?
Old 12-02-2022, 09:15 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
https://youtu.be/OjAxkynVjOM
2:55

Both clips your character breaks momentum and leans away from the basket even tho you're moving forward.

The clip I showed I've seen Rip, Steph, Ray Allen, Russel Westbrook, DeAngelo Russel, basically any "shot creator" type player ever. Im running towards the basket, in one bounce I use all of my momentum to carry the ball the distance, all I need to do is give it lift and square my shoulders.

Now, I ALSO see those same players mistime this shot and brick HARD off the backboard and long rebounds are usually awful when the D isn't set up.

I'm not saying this should be a RELIABLE shot. But in a complete Heat Check moment? Oh my goodness this would be nasty. This is the type of shot that makes a coach take a timeout on EITHER team. Either he wets it, banks it, or shanks it. That is a HUGE play in a game.

These are the shots Steph started launching from the logo YEARS ago. And this is where the "Limitless Range" idea even came from. The fact that Steph has been doing this for a decade and it's not even MO CAPPED?
Serious question: Did you go through the pull up animations before making this post?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2022, 12:10 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Serious question: Did you go through the pull up animations before making this post?
Yes.

I've clearly stated that it's simply not in the game.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:38 AM   #7
Rookie

dnikafoeno's Arena

I tried to make a side-by-side but I exported it wrong after editing. I think this looks pretty close to the timestamp you're referring to:

After I made this I did notice your post says CG but it should still be possible cause I did this alot lol depends on the momentum and where you're pointing the left stick at the time of shooting.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:52 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnikafoeno
I tried to make a side-by-side but I exported it wrong after editing. I think this looks pretty close to the timestamp you're referring to:

After I made this I did notice your post says CG but it should still be possible cause I did this alot lol depends on the momentum and where you're pointing the left stick at the time of shooting.

Yeah that’s Devin Bookers dribble pull up that he mocapped, lol

While he leans in the highlight video, For the most part shooters try and keep their balance straight up and down.

There is a huge number of pull ups in the game though …some have a leaning motion, some don’t.

Either way, it’s definitely a viable move.

Guess we could add Steph’s signature lean in particular in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »