Home

Haven't played FIFA in years - just bought 23

This is a discussion on Haven't played FIFA in years - just bought 23 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-30-2022, 10:21 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Haven't played FIFA in years - just bought 23

Having the same problem that caused me to quit years ago. On professional difficulty I can't lose. On world class difficulty I can't win. I can score but give up far too many goals. If there is a way to play defense on world class it is escaping me.

The only reason I bought it was because of the delay of college football until summer 24. Oh well.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:02 AM   #2
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Re: Haven't played FIFA in years - just bought 23

I recommend trying Matt10's sliders which might make your gameplay a lot better on World Class.

As far as defending goes, I was bad at it last year because it was my first FIFA since 18 and I was used to the just holding X (PS5) and winning the ball back that way. Now you have to really pay attention to blocking potential passing lanes and blocking shots. One thing I never do is take control of a CB unless he is the absolute last defender and I just try to block the shot. I try to control midfielders as much as I can on defense in my half of the field especially since the AI won't bring midfielders into the box to help you out. It's frustrating but if you keep practicing and get better defending is actually more rewarding now in my opinion although it does take a lot of work. Also use the secondary defender (R1 on PS5) that can help a lot also. I also have completely stopped pressing X which I think keeps your reflexes on high.

I wouldn't give up yet because I'm having a good time with the game so far using the sliders I suggested is crucial though. Good luck man.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:18 AM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldude777
I recommend trying Matt10's sliders which might make your gameplay a lot better on World Class.

As far as defending goes, I was bad at it last year because it was my first FIFA since 18 and I was used to the just holding X (PS5) and winning the ball back that way. Now you have to really pay attention to blocking potential passing lanes and blocking shots. One thing I never do is take control of a CB unless he is the absolute last defender and I just try to block the shot. I try to control midfielders as much as I can on defense in my half of the field especially since the AI won't bring midfielders into the box to help you out. It's frustrating but if you keep practicing and get better defending is actually more rewarding now in my opinion although it does take a lot of work. Also use the secondary defender (R1 on PS5) that can help a lot also. I also have completely stopped pressing X which I think keeps your reflexes on high.

I wouldn't give up yet because I'm having a good time with the game so far using the sliders I suggested is crucial though. Good luck man.
I've implemented the sliders. What formation/tactics/instructions do you employ?
Old 12-02-2022, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Balldude777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I've implemented the sliders. What formation/tactics/instructions do you employ?
Personally I just play with whatever formations that specific team uses. I don't fool with anything else, but I don't know enough about soccer tactics and all to fool with anything else, I just try to pass to who is open and score.
Old 12-03-2022, 10:25 PM   #5
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

Use a CDM Jockey and protect space. Don’t chase the ball unless you are running someone down. Keep your formation, esp the back line. Def Awr, size and strength help for CBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2022, 06:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Having the same problem that caused me to quit years ago. On professional difficulty I can't lose. On world class difficulty I can't win. I can score but give up far too many goals. If there is a way to play defense on world class it is escaping me.

The only reason I bought it was because of the delay of college football until summer 24. Oh well.

Hi mate
I hope you're fine
I have made a video with my strategy, sliders and pad settings
https://youtu.be/Vwiatj5k684

You can see all my matchs on the channel
Old 12-09-2022, 03:02 PM   #7
All Star

What seems odd is regardless of what instructions I use the center backs just seem to stand there and not challenge a player in front of them in the penalty area.

Last edited by tessl; 12-09-2022 at 06:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »