Home

Progressive Fatigue and Auto-Subs?

This is a discussion on Progressive Fatigue and Auto-Subs? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2022, 10:19 PM   #1
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been playing every game for every offense and I've run into this dilemma with auto-subs, fatigue and progressive fatigue.

I started my season with Matt10's sliders, but was throwing a bit too many interceptions statistically, so I switched to Armor and Sword's. Since Matt10 made no mention of progressive fatigue, but I saw Armor and Sword leaves it on; I left it on. And since his auto-subs are a WIP, I used Schaidt's, which is, for reference:

QB: 60/80
RB:79/84
WR:74/89
TE: 74/89
OL: 0/1
DT: 84/89
DE: 84/89
LB: 74/89
CB: 60/80
S: 60/80

Matt10 had fatigue at 50, but I was using Schaidt's auto-subs, so I used his fatigue level (75).

With 75 fatigue and Schnaidt's auto-subs, it worked well the first 6 games of the season, but by week 7 I'm seeing starters disappear on offense particularly WRs and TEs (this might also be happening on defense, but since I'm only playing offense, I don't notice it).

I've also found that it is difficult to mimic RB subs and have had to modify the auto-subs, but that has also caused problems with fatigued runningbacks lately (in week 7). Early in the season, I had them at 95/92, which resulted in the change of pace backs getting 2-4 carries per game. The only problem with it was the timing of the substitution; the lead back would often get subbed out while in the red zone or at the goalline.

I wish I could easily switch the ballcarrier during playcalling.

Setting a back as 3rd down back or power back in the depth chart has been effective, but I want a change of pace back that doesn't have to operate in those two specific roles. I want my change of pace back to come in for the lead-back on first or second down following a long drive by the offense in low-import situations (not late in the 4th quarter when we need to score). I suppose I can do this by manually setting the depth chart, but I wish there was an easier method (auto-subs, game-logic, ect.).

I have also tried formation subs, but find them limiting as well.

Anyway, I think Schaidt must have progressive fatigue turned off, but I don't think midseason, that I can switch progressive fatigue off without it freezing them at their current fatigues for the rest of the season.

Sorry for the ramble, but the questions are these:

What auto-sub should I have WRs/TEs/RBs set to with progressive fatigue turned on if I'm aiming for realism? Is there a way to set auto-subs to handle this or will I have to manually substitute? Should I have turned off progressive fatigue prior to the season or is it a useful feature?

Another note: I wish Madden would tell you in numerical terms what the player's fatigue is, because it only shows a bar for it under the health tab in the player's menu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2022, 11:20 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Progressive Fatigue and Auto-Subs?

Great question, and this is a code I've been trying to crack for years, unsuccessfully.

Here's where I'm at:

I'm in ATL and just finished WK5. I landed on what I feel is a really nice baseline FAT level of 85 with some subs that are giving me (most of) what I want.

I have HB/DL/EDGE set at 80-83 and everything else default.

What I saw is my larger guys starting to get a bit yellow on plays 5-7 of drives, and maybe even needing to rotate out for a play on 10+. I was seeing clock stoppages vs. clock eaters having their proper effects, and I was not seeing disappearing players.

It took some chutzpah to move past 75, which is my normal threshold, but I made it to 83 as a test, and it worked out, which tells me my original idea of 85 is probably it.

What I'm gonna monitor is how the sub levels look as the year progresses.

It seems like this game has progressive fatigue running the whole time but not really running--it more so seems like it arrives in bunches, maybe at WK7 and then again at WK12 or so. So with that, we'll see if GM 6 vs. SF looks normal or if players start disappearing.

What I'm anticipating is keeping the same FAT value but walking back the sub in/out values according to what week of the season we're in. My gut says around WK12-13, you go from 80-83 for your HB to 77-80 or something like that.

In any case, I'll stream my games here: https://www.twitch.tv/roguehominin, and I try to play good, sim football and engage with the folks who stop by.

I'd love to have a conversation partner on this issue, as I think it's a code that CAN be cracked, just with the right folks. Getting this mechanic working is my white whale in Madden, lol.

I should be able to play one in the early AM, and if not then, certainly after church, around 11 AM. I'll look forward to seeing what these values yield.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HesiPullupJimbo
I've been playing every game for every offense and I've run into this dilemma with auto-subs, fatigue and progressive fatigue.

I started my season with Matt10's sliders, but was throwing a bit too many interceptions statistically, so I switched to Armor and Sword's. Since Matt10 made no mention of progressive fatigue, but I saw Armor and Sword leaves it on; I left it on. And since his auto-subs are a WIP, I used Schaidt's, which is, for reference:

QB: 60/80
RB:79/84
WR:74/89
TE: 74/89
OL: 0/1
DT: 84/89
DE: 84/89
LB: 74/89
CB: 60/80
S: 60/80

Matt10 had fatigue at 50, but I was using Schaidt's auto-subs, so I used his fatigue level (75).

With 75 fatigue and Schnaidt's auto-subs, it worked well the first 6 games of the season, but by week 7 I'm seeing starters disappear on offense particularly WRs and TEs (this might also be happening on defense, but since I'm only playing offense, I don't notice it).

I've also found that it is difficult to mimic RB subs and have had to modify the auto-subs, but that has also caused problems with fatigued runningbacks lately (in week 7). Early in the season, I had them at 95/92, which resulted in the change of pace backs getting 2-4 carries per game. The only problem with it was the timing of the substitution; the lead back would often get subbed out while in the red zone or at the goalline.

I wish I could easily switch the ballcarrier during playcalling.

Setting a back as 3rd down back or power back in the depth chart has been effective, but I want a change of pace back that doesn't have to operate in those two specific roles. I want my change of pace back to come in for the lead-back on first or second down following a long drive by the offense in low-import situations (not late in the 4th quarter when we need to score). I suppose I can do this by manually setting the depth chart, but I wish there was an easier method (auto-subs, game-logic, ect.).

I have also tried formation subs, but find them limiting as well.

Anyway, I think Schaidt must have progressive fatigue turned off, but I don't think midseason, that I can switch progressive fatigue off without it freezing them at their current fatigues for the rest of the season.

Sorry for the ramble, but the questions are these:

What auto-sub should I have WRs/TEs/RBs set to with progressive fatigue turned on if I'm aiming for realism? Is there a way to set auto-subs to handle this or will I have to manually substitute? Should I have turned off progressive fatigue prior to the season or is it a useful feature?

Another note: I wish Madden would tell you in numerical terms what the player's fatigue is, because it only shows a bar for it under the health tab in the player's menu.

I run across similar situations. From your description it sounds like you need to adjust training in weekly strategy. If you have starters on Full Pads, midway through the season, they will begin to disappear on you. Suggest using half pads and both starters and backups.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:15 PM   #4
Banned

Get floppy sliders all madden difficulty its really realistic on my Texans rebuild year 2 my last game kicked a Game winning FG 23-20 I absolutely believe they are the best All madden sliders I did used matt10s before i switched over

Sent from my SM-F721U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-28-2022, 05:04 PM   #5
Rookie

fatigue is awful. we turn it off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2022, 06:11 PM   #6
MVP

I’ve been careful with my settings such that I haven’t had anyone disappear on me, but I’ve also not seen any kind of proper rotation. HBs I can deal with bc of formation subs, but I dont think I’ve ever seen the 3rd-string DLs come into a game unless the circumstance was really extreme (a 14-play drive with the fatigue slider jacked, for instance).

Doesn’t help how wonky these depth charts are, where there’s only three slots for RDT, meaning there’s literally only one backup for two slots if you run a 4-man front. (SUBLB has the same problem when in nickel, one backup slot for what is technically two positions. But PR & KR go five-deep, riddle me that logic.)

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 11-28-2022 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:31 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurvy123
fatigue is awful. we turn it off
I don’t have a problem with progressive fatigue. I have fatigue at the default 50 and I never see CPU have their players disappear late season or post season. I think once you start to jack up fatigue in general to get better HB rotation it starts to mess with CPU progressive fatigue management (which is clearly turned to handle progressive fatigue with the fatigue slider at default 50).

I would rather have too many CPU RB attempts to their starters in played games than CPU starters disappear in crucial late season games.

Other people have confirmed that CPU teams DO switch up their practices for some not being full pads. I just don’t think it’s enough to handle the fatigue slider being at 75 or more. If you want to have it that high that is fine just know you should turn progressive fatigue off at that point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »