Home

Are the franchise glitches fixed yet? (Sorry, Can't Find A Definitive Answer))

This is a discussion on Are the franchise glitches fixed yet? (Sorry, Can't Find A Definitive Answer)) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-22-2022, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

SaintDemure's Arena

OVR: 6
Are the franchise glitches fixed yet? (Sorry, Can't Find A Definitive Answer))

I like to play 15+ seasons deep in offline franchise mode. Does anyone know if the save file corruption glitch and draft loop glitches are finally fixed?

I've tried searching for answers but have yet to find anything definitive. I'm badly itching to finally start my long term franchise, I just don't want to sink countless hours into it if the bugs are still present.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2022, 12:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are the franchise glitches fixed yet? (Sorry, Can't Find A Definitive Answer))

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDemure
I like to play 15+ seasons deep in offline franchise mode. Does anyone know if the save file corruption glitch and draft loop glitches are finally fixed?

I've tried searching for answers but have yet to find anything definitive. I'm badly itching to finally start my long term franchise, I just don't want to sink countless hours into it if the bugs are still present.

From what I have seen on YouTube and people doing test drafts I think so but to be safe just make a test franchise and do a few drafts to be sure
Old 11-22-2022, 04:00 PM   #3
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Re: Are the franchise glitches fixed yet? (Sorry, Can't Find A Definitive Answer))

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDemure

Offline save corruption does not appear to be fixed yet.

Should be safe to play online and go as many seasons deep as you desire.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Offline save corruption does not appear to be fixed yet.

Should be safe to play online and go as many seasons deep as you desire.

Really? I thought they fixed the save corruption....

We normally see people complain like crazy on here and recently i haven’t seen anything about the save corruption.. so I assumed it was either fixed or people gave up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-22-2022, 05:45 PM   #5
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyWest

We normally see people complain like crazy on here and recently i haven’t seen anything about the save corruption.. so I assumed it was either fixed or people gave up lol

Can only speak for myself but I honestly gave up...

Currently Playing:

EA College Football 25 (PS5)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2022, 07:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyWest

The thing is that it only affects people who play for 10+ seasons. While it sucks that it still happens, the amount of people it actually affects is fairly small.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:19 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
The thing is that it only affects people who play for 10+ seasons. While it sucks that it still happens, the amount of people it actually affects is fairly small.
From what I have read the franchise corruption issue occurs when the game runs out of available coaches being generated for CPU controlled teams to sign. The pool of coaches dries up and the save file then corrupts and you can’t advance.

To be clear this is a separate issue from the “draft revert” glitch that this patch appears to have successfully fixed.

The corruption issue has actually been in a game for a few years now.

Having all that said, I have no idea if BOTH things are now fixed. Perhaps they fixed the revert issue only. One could test in offline mode by simming out 5-10 years and see if the save files corrupt at some point. To be honest when I play offline CFM the furthest I have made it was 7 years and I even drafted for the the 8th year but never got around to it. It did not corrupt for me. I have played offline CFM’s 3-4 years out regularly and have not personally experienced the corruption issue.

Lastly, I read if you turn off coach firing for all teams it would fix the corrupting issue from happening, because no coaches would ever need to be signed. To me that is lame then because the coaches and playbooks across the league never change, and you would have all coaches in the league all be in their 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s of age (which would be kind of funny).
Old 11-23-2022, 01:11 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishIsGood
From what I have read the franchise corruption issue occurs when the game runs out of available coaches being generated for CPU controlled teams to sign. The pool of coaches dries up and the save file then corrupts and you can’t advance.

To be clear this is a separate issue from the “draft revert” glitch that this patch appears to have successfully fixed.

The corruption issue has actually been in a game for a few years now.

Having all that said, I have no idea if BOTH things are now fixed. Perhaps they fixed the revert issue only. One could test in offline mode by simming out 5-10 years and see if the save files corrupt at some point. To be honest when I play offline CFM the furthest I have made it was 7 years and I even drafted for the the 8th year but never got around to it. It did not corrupt for me. I have played offline CFM’s 3-4 years out regularly and have not personally experienced the corruption issue.

Lastly, I read if you turn off coach firing for all teams it would fix the corrupting issue from happening, because no coaches would ever need to be signed. To me that is lame then because the coaches and playbooks across the league never change, and you would have all coaches in the league all be in their 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s of age (which would be kind of funny).
It‘s been stated in other threads, that the pool of coaches isn‘t causing the save corruption.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »