Home

Madden 23 Fictional Draft Classes for Xbox X/S (by Matt and CWSapp757)

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Fictional Draft Classes for Xbox X/S (by Matt and CWSapp757) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-17-2022, 09:28 PM   #1
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Madden 23 Fictional Draft Classes for Xbox X/S (by Matt and CWSapp757)

It's been a while since I made one of these threads... but yeah, me and Matt went back and forth regarding if we wanted to do draft classes this year since family life does suck up a lot of time. We eventually decided to do classes but just not with as much time and detail as we have given it before. Although it's not as detailed, there are still a few reasons that you should consider using these classes:

- The generated draft classes generally have certain positions that have an overabundance of talent while other positions tend to consistently be weak. We worked towards creating more balance amongst all of the positions.

- Generated classes have some weird weight, heights for certain positions. Not going to go into too much detail but you serious football heads know what I am talking about. We went through the classes and made sure that players at certain positions were a more realistic weight and height. Of course you might occasionally come across a unicorn here and there like you do in real life but not all the time.

- The generated classes struggles with variety in play styles at times. For example, at the QB position we wanted to make sure there are QBs coming out that play like Big Ben (big bulky guy that is hard to take down in the pocket), Lamar Jackson (QB with RB type abilities), Tom Brady (will stand in the pocket and pick you apart).... we just wanted to make sure that there are different types of guys at different positions.

- Most importantly, the draft is supposed to be unpredictable, exciting and scary. With that top 5 pick you may be drafting the next Joe Burrow or the next Blake Bortles. We put the most time into rearranging the mock drafts to ensure that there are busts in the first round and gems in the later rounds. And before you get scared that we just randomly did it, we did tons of research to calculate the average amount of "stars", "busts" and "ok" players in the first round as well as what positions are generally the safest and most dangerous to pick in the first round. For example, you have a much higher chance of drafting a bust at QB, WR or DE in the first round than you do drafting a guard or center.

- Oh and we also tried to change up some of the darn schools as well. The generated classes had like... a HB from Idaho going number one. No disrespect to Idaho but come on... that's not happening lol.

Anyway, we have more stuff coming but I just wanted to get this out the way. We plan on doing 20 classes. Maybe we will get there, maybe we won't. Especially since I spoke with Dreece and we are going to attack this NBA 2k23 project and I plan on doing some stuff with Ronyell as well so that will take some time away as well. Hope we can get to the 20 though. The classes and gamertags can be found below.

File Name/Gamertag

FictionalDraft1/Smoke20Smoke

FictionalDraft2/CWSappTEC

FictionalDraft3/Smoke20Smoke

FictionalDraft4/CWSappTEC

FictionalDraft5/Smoke20Smoke

FictionalDraft6/CWSappTEC

FictionalDraft7/Smoke20Smoke

FictionalDraft8/CWSappTEC
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by CWSapp757; 11-21-2022 at 02:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2022, 02:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 23 Fictional Draft Classes for Xbox X/S (by Matt and CWSapp757)

Dope! I’m glad I waited to buy madden. I was debating to get it for either the ps5 or Xbsx and now you’ve made my choice. I still have my cloud save from you and raiderz4eva AFL fictional roster on madden 17 and all of the madden 20 fictional draft classes with a couple of player requests from me like Bart Osman & Connor Grimm. I’ve been rocking with you guys since the nba 2k14 thread. I think I might still have those draft classes on my 360. Anyways, I appreciate the hard work y’all put in
Old 11-18-2022, 03:39 PM   #3
Pro

mattpu01's Arena

OVR: 2

Let’s see, Osman was LT from Baylor or Minnesota? Grimm was QB from Penn St.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-19-2022, 03:02 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpu01
Let’s see, Osman was LT from Baylor or Minnesota? Grimm was QB from Penn St.

Yup Bart Osman LT from Baylor

Old 11-19-2022, 11:55 AM   #5
Pro

mattpu01's Arena

There is going to be a round 1 scouting report for each class as well..stay tuned.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2022, 01:12 PM   #6
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpu01
There is going to be a round 1 scouting report for each class as well..stay tuned.

CWSAPP - are the DC’s that are listed on the first post already uploaded and ready to go?
Old 11-20-2022, 07:34 AM   #7
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
CWSAPP - are the DC’s that are listed on the first post already uploaded and ready to go?

Yes sir that is correct.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 11-20-2022, 08:19 PM   #8
Pro

mattpu01's Arena

DC1 Scouting for round 1 prospects

Round Pick Pos Name College Scouting
1 #1 QB Alex Richardson Florida State
Alex was this year's Heisman and rightfully so. He can do it all. Dual threat QB with an arm. The concerns on him is that he's only 21 and has only been a college starting QB for 1 season and his durability has drawn concerns as he missed 3 games this year with a knee injury and he isnt the biggest guy at barely 200 pounds.

1 #2 LT JP Cooks Ohio State
JP could potentially go #1 if the right team picks first. He had the nation wondering if an offensive lineman could win the Heisman. He will be someone's LT for a long time.

1 #3 DE Pat Coleman California
This guy is an elite rusher off the edge. Explosive first step and knows how to get to the QB. Recorded a sack in every game this year.

1 #4 QB Spencer Olsen Alabama
Has a cannon for an arm. The next in line of Alabama great QBs. 3 year starter for the Tide. Classic pocket QB.

1 #5 DE Maurice McLean LSU
If you run a 3-4 and want someone to set the edge, look no further. He spent the year living in opponents' backfield. He isnt bad rushing the passer either. A true 3 down player.

1 #6 QB JR Peterson Texas
Another gunslinger. Doesn't quite have the arm as Olsen, but there isnt a throw he can't make. Led the nation in TD passes, but also threw a lot of ints. Some may question his leadership due to some off the field antics and his controversial twitter posts, but the talent is there.

1 #7 DT Marquel Kennard Houston
320 pound anchor who is a beast in the middle of the line. Moves well for his size and has a motor that wont quit.

1 #8 Tackle Jose Baldwin ND
Versatile OL who started on the right side of the line for the Irish before moving to LT his senior year. One of the highest graded linemen in the draft. If he had longer arms I think he would be on the same level as Cooks.

1 #9 OLB Spencer Buckhorn Oklahoma Spencer reminds me of Clay Matthews. A true grinder who seemed to be around the football every snap. Had double digit sacks and double digit turnovers with 6 ints and 4 fumble recoveries.

1 #10 LT Alex Sands Oklahoma
Alex is a better pass blocker than Bladwin, but not as good in run blocking. Some say he has the higher ceiling and is better suited for the pro game, but I think his struggle with weight is alarming.

1 #11 CB Zeke Favors Alabama
I read an article saying that if he played for a smaller school he wouldn't even be a first round pick. At only 185 pounds there is some concern, but he is tough as nails and can cover.

1 #12 DE D'Angelo Graham South Carolina
The Myles Garrett comparison is legit is many ways, including a nasty streak. He was ejected twice for fighting. He also led the nation in sacks and forced fumbles.

1 #13 FS Clifton Childress Auburn
I like Clifton alot. Fierce competitor who plays the ball like a hawk. Tough vs the run as well.

1 #14 WR Jonathan Cruzer Penn State
Kid is a freak. 6-4 228 and runs like a deer. He didn't put up huge numbers for the Nittany Lions, but he also had 3 different QBs this year as Penn St was hit with the injury bug and covid at the QB spot.

1 #15 DT Gordon Pope Texas
This guy makes Kennard look small. If you need a NT who can stuff the run, hes your man.

1 #16 RT Stanley Newell Virginia Tech
Any other year and Stanley may be a higher pick, but this year's crop of LT is impressive.

1 #17 MLB RobertBorland Arizona
Classic field general. Smart player who is always in the right spot. Nothing flashy here, but a safe pick I think.

1 #18 HB Patrick McMahon
Texas A&M He transferred from Div 2 after his freshman year. He led the nation in carries for the Aggies. Power back who will wear you down. All those carries may scare some GMs away, but he is certainly built for it.

1 #19 OLB Ben Walsh Wisconsin I
didn't get to see him as much as I would have liked, but led the Big Ten in tackles on a very good Badger defense.

1 #20 TE Tim Allen NC State
His nickname was the Toolman. One because of his name and two because he can do it all. Known more for his receiving skills, but a good blocker as well.

1 #21 CB Reynaldo Rice Louisville
IF he was taller he would be a top 10 pick. He could fall even further than 22 and I think someone will get a steal. Maybe not your lockdown corner, but if you play zone..
1 #22 MLB JC Black Penn State
Linebacker U. Has better measurables than the other MLBs, but not the results. Potential is there though.

1 #23 WR Mitch Calloway USC
Another big WR who can fly. Avg over 20 ypc this year. Deep threat from day 1.

1 #24 CB Max Flemons Wisconsin
This year doesn't seem to be a great class for corners, but he is solid. Doesn't do anything great, but does everything good!

1 #25 QB Scott Pierce Ole Miss
6-5 QB who commands the offense. Been compared to Big Ben at times. He only threw 3 ints all year.

1 #26 Guard Jerry Lambert Iowa
Not a sexy pick, but what first round Guard is? Safe pick here I think as Lambert is built like a house. Knows how to block.

1 #27 DT Kaleb McCree Ohio State
Kaleb had Columbus buzzing from the first day he stepped on campus as a top 10 recruit. He never quite lived up to the hype, but not many would have. A very good all around DT.

1 #28 CB Justin Noel Georgia
Noel can cover. All SEC corner who knows the game.

1 #29 DE Chris Ridley Ohio State
Chris is another Buckeye who had GMs salivating at his pro day. Was projected to go in round 3 until his workout. Someone may take a chance on him earlier based on that workout alone.

1 #30 C Nate Swanson Arizona State
See above about Lambert. First round Centers wont make headlines, but they will make rosters!

1 #31 HB Jon Grimes Auburn
Grimesy is a battering ram with hands of stone. He struggled with fumbles or he would be slotted higher. IF he can fix that issue he will make someone a great running back.

1 #32 HB Brian Francois Wisconsin
He may be my favorite back, but I can't figure out if its because of his name, because he led the Big Ten in rushing, or if he reminds me of many of the great Badger backs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »