Home

Would Madden be better if MUT and Franchise were different games

This is a discussion on Would Madden be better if MUT and Franchise were different games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-14-2022, 12:25 PM   #1
Rookie

KoachYo's Arena

OVR: 2
Would Madden be better if MUT and Franchise were different games

Could EA provide more to Madden if MUT and Franchise were totally separate games?

Could the full potential of both modes be maximized this way?

It seems like its getting glitchier each game and the fixes are so big for both that they are now so large that it takes much of the season to fix or attempt to fix everything.

Could Madden Online and Offline franchise have a more in depth experience if there wasn't so much in the one Madden game?

Or can the current game be fixed with the total removal of the FACE of The Franchise mode?

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2022, 12:32 PM   #2
Rookie

KoachYo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Would Madden be better if MUT and Franchise were different games

Personally,

I would like to see more of a HEAD COACH 08 where we could design plays and playbooks better, with a real practice mode like the late 90s early 2000s. I would like to see a full week of preparation before a game (with an option to sim or skip for those that don't want to do that).

I would like to see coordinators and scheme have more of an impact on play calling if you choose to let the computer give you a choice of plays.

Fatigue have more effect, ability to choose weather and game times. More equipment choices and color choices.

The MUT heads want more as well.

I'm sure this has been suggested before. Has anyone from EA ever expressed their thoughts about that?

I think 2K may be setting it up to do that.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:48 PM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes, 100%

1-size-fits-all clearly isn't working.

I think they underestimate their audience considerably. The appetite for the NFL is rabid. They could sell an online/play now game, a franchise/season game, AND a head coach game.

.. if they could make the licensing work, I can't even imagine what they could make off a retro series like NBA2k has released.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 11-14-2022 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2022, 02:29 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

my gut tells me yes,
but then I think again that no more devs would be working
on franchise as a stand-alone than already does as is.
so it'd probably be a wash

A Work in Progress
Old 11-14-2022, 03:10 PM   #5
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Based on how short-lived NFL Head Coach was, I don’t think we would actually enjoy the hypothetical world where Ultimate Team is partitioned into its own game. I kinda think that road ends with MUT becoming Madden by default and the Madden Franchise game being dead.

It’s also not just MUT one has to consider, either. Where would Superstar KO, The Yard, Draft Champions, and Face Of The Franchise get sent off to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2022, 03:36 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

It sounds good in theory, but I just don't think it would help in the ways some of the OS community would want it to. The franchise community is so incredibly heterogeneous; it's nowhere near as binary as MUT vs Franchise.

Madden's approach to franchise is to make it appealing across a broad spectrum of players (single player leagues, multi-player leagues, both hardcore sim guys and guys who just want to play it more casually with arcade elements). They don't offer enough user-controlled elements to vary the experience across the user bases and it becomes a messy catch-all situation. IMO, this is more the root cause of franchise's shortcomings (from the typical viewpoint of many OSers) than anything to do with MUT.

MLBTS and NBA2k both have quality franchise offerings (albeit they do it different ways with different strengths/weaknesses) along with quality card collecting modes. It absolutely CAN be done - I don't see one impacting the other.

If EA were to separate Madden, we'd very likely get the same "catch all" franchise mode in the "franchise game" as we have now as it really appeals to be their design philosophy from a holistic perspective.
Old 11-14-2022, 06:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Based on how short-lived NFL Head Coach was, I don’t think we would actually enjoy the hypothetical world where Ultimate Team is partitioned into its own game. I kinda think that road ends with MUT becoming Madden by default and the Madden Franchise game being dead.

It’s also not just MUT one has to consider, either. Where would Superstar KO, The Yard, Draft Champions, and Face Of The Franchise get sent off to?
Face of the Franchise would go with regular franchise and MUT would get the rest

A Work in Progress
Old 11-14-2022, 06:21 PM   #8
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Cut it all out with exception of MUT and CFM.

On the field both games should play simulation style football, should be exactly the same, should be geared towards replicating what we se on Sundays.

CFM gets the Franchise parts.
MUT gets the MUT parts.

Everyone switches back to the NCAA game next year.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 11-14-2022 at 08:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »