Home

How long of quarters ?

This is a discussion on How long of quarters ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-31-2022, 12:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How long of quarters ?

How long of quarters do you guys play ? What’s your average game time in lengths .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2022, 08:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How long of quarters ?

This has been a struggle for me to decide as well. I have my 91 Era franchise where I started with 12 minute quarters. The stats are nice to have and the game plays well (other than rebounding, my stats actually seem pretty in line). The problem is I often find myself needing to save and resume later and it takes a long time to play a game. About 23 games deep into this franchise.

I started an 83 Era franchise and have just played 5 minute quarters. I didn't like "normalizing to 12 minutes" as stats were pretty whacky doing that. So I just had the while league do 5 minutes. The stats are obviously not in line since game is less than half a real NBA game. So negatives are stat totals and not having "career highs" achievable in player card. The positive is I'm finding it more fun and you can still compare "per 36 minute" stats. I use rotation so my bench still plays. I'm 8-4 in this franchise and finding it fun as well despite missing some of the realism.

I'm still not sure which is better. If I had unlimited time I'd probably go with 12 minutes but I think I'm settling in amd going 5 minute quarters so I can maybe get through a season.

I don't like to simulate. I thought about less games in season but I think the injury impacts are less then as there is more time between games on calendar.

So no real help to you but thought I'd share my experiences. If you can get past stat totals and missing a little realism (maybe focused on "per 36 minutes") the shorter quarters may be more fun.

Last edited by TheBrew101; 10-31-2022 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:20 AM   #3
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

I find 12 minute quarters is really the only way to get realistic games. You could MAYBE get away with 11. I usually skip through any cut scenes so a 12 minute quarters game usually takes me a little over an hour.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:41 PM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I either do 82 game 6 min normalized to 12 min(stats do get weird) or 22 game(80s) 12 min. 29 game 12 min if current NBA. In some ways I like the short season because each game matters more.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:07 PM   #5
Rookie

play the 12 min/qtr....then on the 4th u have option to sim it....(so ur playing only 3 periods)...stats are stlll good!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »