Home

2023 off season roster

This is a discussion on 2023 off season roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-25-2022, 05:32 PM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
2023 off season roster

Just like last year I am going to work on doing a 2023 roster with update service time and contracts and move free agent players to free agents list and replace them with a 'open slot' spot in Class A to move players around when signings happen (big job real pain but it is worth it in the end)

and Like last year (though thank god no lockout this year) will aim to get the first one out December 1st and do weekly updates.. I don't expect free agency to be fast and fun like it was last year so will be much easier to update daily! I remember last year spending 4 hours a night.

Now the big choice I have to make is what roster base to use. I would prefer to use one with tatis actually in a roster so I may have to go with a older roster. but that is ok because face scans audio always stay up to date no matter what roster you have.

UPDATE

Thanks to Franch1se he has done all the work this year!
Myk13 IS the PSN to download his latest off season rosters with the latest transactions updated contracts for those moves and rookies of last year updated service time.

Last edited by ninertravel; 01-24-2023 at 04:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2022, 10:13 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2023 off season roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Just like last year I am going to work on doing a 2023 roster with update service time and contracts and move free agent players to free agents list and replace them with a 'open slot' spot in Class A to move players around when signings happen (big job real pain but it is worth it in the end)

and Like last year (though thank god no lockout this year) will aim to get the first one out December 1st and do weekly updates.. I don't expect free agency to be fast and fun like it was last year so will be much easier to update daily! I remember last year spending 4 hours a night.

Now the big choice I have to make is what roster base to use. I would prefer to use one with tatis actually in a roster so I may have to go with a older roster. but that is ok because face scans audio always stay up to date no matter what roster you have.
truesim's rosters are the best
Old 11-07-2022, 04:30 PM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sross07
truesim's rosters are the best
Yeah it is good only problem is that roster goes WAY back to April doesn't it like opening day rosters?? that would require one hell of a lot of work!

I am just gonna wait a few days to get club options out of the way first. it is gonna be a slog early on

and I need to find retired players list too to erase and start creating those empty slot files to replace with free agents... it's just the way the annoying system is it takes time to start it off.

Last edited by ninertravel; 11-07-2022 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:57 AM   #4
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yeah it is good only problem is that roster goes WAY back to April doesn't it like opening day rosters?? that would require one hell of a lot of work!

I am just gonna wait a few days to get club options out of the way first. it is gonna be a slog early on

and I need to find retired players list too to erase and start creating those empty slot files to replace with free agents... it's just the way the annoying system is it takes time to start it off.
Starting to update ratings for MLB 23, so a spreadsheet is coming.

Not sure if you'd want to use those ratings with whatever roster base you're using.

Old 11-29-2022, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Well guys because there has been virtually no free agent movement apart a couple of small signings I don't even know if it is worth releasing something this off season quite yet anyway. . we got spoiled last year. as this time last year we were 2 days away from the lockout and things were going crazy.

I would say Jan we are looking at for any big signings to happen now.
so I am thinking I should move my efforts into 23 and use that spreadsheet when the game comes out (lets hope in late March) with the truesim project and help out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2022, 05:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Well guys because there has been virtually no free agent movement apart a couple of small signings I don't even know if it is worth releasing something this off season quite yet anyway. . we got spoiled last year. as this time last year we were 2 days away from the lockout and things were going crazy.

I would say Jan we are looking at for any big signings to happen now.
so I am thinking I should move my efforts into 23 and use that spreadsheet when the game comes out (lets hope in late March) with the truesim project and help out there.
There might be a lot that happens the rest of this week/next week during the GM meetings. We will see.
Old 12-08-2022, 04:59 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Now that movement is happening I am tempted to actually now do a off season roster for the new year, sitting at home with Covid I do have some free time this week.

The only issue is unlike the last 2 years I really am not set on playing it in the offseason knowing I really want to wait for 23 to start a new one with the new playoff system and schedules, that is the ONLY thing holding me back, if they said Y2Y saves were happening I would start today to make it perfect.

we usually don't get any info till after the super bowl so that would be mid Feb.
Old 12-08-2022, 05:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Now that movement is happening I am tempted to actually now do a off season roster for the new year, sitting at home with Covid I do have some free time this week.

The only issue is unlike the last 2 years I really am not set on playing it in the offseason knowing I really want to wait for 23 to start a new one with the new playoff system and schedules, that is the ONLY thing holding me back, if they said Y2Y saves were happening I would start today to make it perfect.

we usually don't get any info till after the super bowl so that would be mid Feb.
I have been working on one myself as moves happen (I mostly play exhibition so I really have only done position player changes so far and I just make sure to use starting pitchers on the team currently). I have been using the site Roster Resource. Thinking about pushing through and making all the pitching adds and subtractions soon. I can't remember what the base was for this roster but I'm like 99% sure it was the OSFM post-trade deadline roster.

The only problem is, this would strictly be for Exhibition use only as you will see random players on random teams' minor league teams and I am not even messing with the lineups in the minors. But the MLB team would be current.

Last edited by soxfanbs91; 12-08-2022 at 05:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »