Home

Point shots by D Men

This is a discussion on Point shots by D Men within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-25-2022, 01:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Point shots by D Men

I have not seen many of these shots. Admittedly only played a few games. But very few D Man slap shots. Maybe I need to change a slider or setting. Or is this too small a sample size? I like the game so far. I am seeing a decent amount of variety in goals. My first NHL game in awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2022, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Point shots by D Men

Are they getting open shots and not taking them, or is your defense just not allowing looks from out there? Wouldn’t really benefit anything if they started ripping point-shots all willy-nilly for example. This could be caused by lots of things, including defender closing speed. The entire game is too fast on default.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:56 PM   #3
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Seen plenty of points shots on my side… Depends on your settings and all. God knows what I did to try and fix the DMen on the O side of things in 22, but out of the box DMen in 23 will take way more shots and are being way more involved in the game in 23 than these passing to forwards zombies in 22…

The DMen are way more intelligent, meaning they will take shots when it's the "right" time to do it… Try cycling the puck more and if they see an opening, they will take it…

When I say this, is that I play forward player lock, so basically I’m talking about the other team DMen and mine 😉
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 10-25-2022, 10:01 PM   #4
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
I have not seen many of these shots. Admittedly only played a few games. But very few D Man slap shots. Maybe I need to change a slider or setting. Or is this too small a sample size? I like the game so far. I am seeing a decent amount of variety in goals. My first NHL game in awhile.

On default ratings, yes there are not enough cpu dmen point shots. As it was in nhl 21,22. But you can edit dmen ratings to get them to shoot from the points.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Defiantly not enough shots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2022, 06:01 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Check out PernellKarls thread on D man fix for NHL 22 it works in 23.

The only thing I'd say is don't change every D man just the top 2 offensive D men on each team with the Xfactor and shot/pass bias lowered to 2 along with offensive awareness raised by 2. You can lower the other defensman shot/pass bias a few numbers as well. If you change them all the simmed games stats were way off with every teams defensemen being the leading scorers on each team.

I'm seeing a good amount of shots from defense in my played games and simmed stats were outstanding. I have about 10 teams defensmen edited and I simned a season. The teams I edited had really good Dman stats with guys like Makar and Burns in the top 5 scoring on their teams. They took about 220 shots. Teams without edited Defense had no defensman in the top 10 and shots were around 165.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:41 AM   #7
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Check out PernellKarls thread on D man fix for NHL 22 it works in 23.

Nice to see that it works in 23 also Jake ! I thought the DMen were way better in 23 and been very busy trying to get the most out of the game on the slider front 😀

Quote:
The only thing I'd say is don't change every D man just the top 2 offensive D men on each team with the Xfactor and shot/pass bias lowered to 2 along with offensive awareness raised by 2. You can lower the other defensman shot/pass bias a few numbers as well. If you change them all the simmed games stats were way off with every teams defensemen being the leading scorers on each team.

So if I understand correctly, the XFactor you have put was the SEEING EYE one ? Like in my 22 thread ? What about DMEN like Makar that has already an XFactor and a bunch of Superstar abilities, what did you do in this case ?

Quote:
I'm seeing a good amount of shots from defense in my played games and simmed stats were outstanding. I have about 10 teams defensmen edited and I simned a season. The teams I edited had really good Dman stats with guys like Makar and Burns in the top 5 scoring on their teams. They took about 220 shots. Teams without edited Defense had no defensman in the top 10 and shots were around 165.

Man this is making my day 😀 Like I said didn't have time to do simming and stuff but that is great news ! Will definitely put this on my agenda and if you would like to share your roster that would be awesome 😀 Are you on PS5 or XBSX ?

Also, it’s great to see people doing stuff to better improve this already awesome game… Good stuff my man 👍
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 10-27-2022, 11:24 AM   #8
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
So thru talking with PK76 and TONS of games played, this game plays completely different when NOT playing POSITION LOCK.

Let me explain my own findings that have been confirmed by many POSITION LOCK players.

1. When playing POSITION LOCK the AI teammates actually play their positions better. meaning that YOU(if LOCKED) must play YOUR position to prevent gaps in coverage. IE: Scoring chances

2. When NOT playing PL, while switching to CPU controlled players there is a slight delay, its like a tenth of a second that causes a delay cancels out the CPU AI programming because the HUMAN player is taking over and controlling movement.

Those are the two biggest issues when playing as every player. If you have not player POSITION LOCK, try it. Learn a position and play it! You will see a HUGE AI improvement.

Hope this helps

BigBadAss33

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »