Home

No cpu penalties

This is a discussion on No cpu penalties within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2022, 05:39 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
No cpu penalties

Now this game has always been bad with penalties. Some just blatantly not working (ie cross checking). But this is for sure the worst they've been as far as I can tell.

I have everything set to 100 for the cpu except delay of game (65), and holding (68). Holding is literally the only call I get against the cpu. Tripping at 100 used to be too high where I needed like 97 or 98. But at 100 I can poke check a guy behind his legs and he doesn't get tripped up. Years past raising tripping call up was how I limited the cheese poke checks, that even at 0, is still OP. Pretty sure the poke check effectiveness and power sliders have been broken for years now.

I am having so much fun with the game. It feels and plays great. But the 0 penalties against the AI makes me not want to play. The only penalty I get against me is slashing or Interference. And that's if I am being overly aggressive. My AI teammates never commit a penalty. Hooking worked years past but this year it does not at all. Literally the only penalties called are holding, charging, delay of game, and interference. I've seen boarding once in like 20 games played. Again all penalties at 100. And Interference never seen against AI, only me if I am too aggressive.

Just ridiculous I'm forced to raise holding up sky high to get the ONLY penalties called against the AI. So there goes the board play practically. Now maybe some of the sliders are backwards all these years and I never knew. Really doubt it. Any ideas?

Also I play with cpu and player aggression at 100.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 10-24-2022 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2022, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No cpu penalties

Playing on default sliders and penalties up to 4 in the settings. On All Star. Seeing plenty of penalties.
Old 10-25-2022, 10:43 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadler
Playing on default sliders and penalties up to 4 in the settings. On All Star. Seeing plenty of penalties.
I do play on Pro with AI difficulty at 6. Wonder if that is the culprit.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 10-26-2022, 12:09 PM   #4
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

1st period alone: 4 pp for cpu, 2 pp for me. Could be difficulty level related as you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-28-2022, 02:48 PM   #5
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm playing on All-Star, 6 min periods, with penalty frequency at 4, cpu penalty slider at 100. I also have the individual penalty sliders for cpu & human upped to 77. I kept the interference slider at default 83. I did have them at 80 but felt that was to high. Not certain if I'll be staying at 77 as I'm still tinkering. I think upping the individual penalty sliders does help though just need to see where I'll land with them. I don't want to excessive of an amount either.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »