Home

TC's Madden 23 All Pro Sliders (PS5/X)

This is a discussion on TC's Madden 23 All Pro Sliders (PS5/X) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-24-2022, 03:04 PM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
TC's Madden 23 All Pro Sliders (PS5/X)

Background: Madden had so much potential OOTB this year, but the interception problem would just not go away. So I decided to put Madden aside until a patch came out to fix this issue. Well props to the Madden team, because to my surprise, that patch actually did drop. So I went to work on a slider set that I felt was a challenge on All Pro, but it still felt like the CPU could make mistakes based on who their players attributes. I also wanted it to feel rewarding for the user to have to build a good roster before being able to make deep playoff runs. For example, if you do not have a dominate offensive or defensive line, you will struggle with this set, atleast I have. You have to remember though, these are based on my skill level and perception of the game, which may not align with yours. Most years All Pro is too easy for me and All Madden is just too sweaty. I want a good challenge but I want my roster to matter more than my stick skills.

"House Rules" This is how I play. I'm not saying you have to play this way, but if you want similar results you will have to consider these options:

- I use Placement Passing with no accuracy, and very rarely use it, so its basically classic plus.

- No User Catch (But I do select RAC, Poss., or Aggr. after I throw).

- No switching on defense and I always user a D-Lineman. You will probably need to tweak sliders if you play with LB or S. I will once every blue moon switch and swat a deep ball, as sometimes my defenders don't react to deep balls.

- On the same note, I try to switch which lineman I'm usering often and never stick to just one lineman.

- Use my full playbook on offense and try to avoid calling "money" plays too often. This also means never using "coach suggestions, those are money plays that are based off of online success. That's why you only see about 10% of your playbook through coach suggestions.

- Always use coach suggestions on defense to match personel.

- Try to switch up my defense alot, running both man and zone. Sometimes it can be too easy to run a specific coverage all game and have tremendous success.

- Only allowed to use 1 QB sneak and 1 FB dive per game. These plays are too easy to get 1 yard pretty much any time you want. Use them wisely.

- Lastly, a couple of kicking ideas. Firstly, I am fast simming ALL XPA for both myself and the CPU. This the only way you will see a missed XP. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. Secondly, I am implementing the no movement on the kicking arc when trying FG's. But with a caveat based on the kickers accuracy rating. This way the kicker accuracy rating will have a more tangible effect to you. The distances showed below would be the point at which you were not allowed to move the arc anymore.
Accuracy Rating / FG Distance
95+ / 50+
90-94 / 45+
83-89 / 40+
76-82 / 35+
75 or Less / 30+

*Something interesting I discovered about the CPU. If you ever think they should go for it on 4th down when they're lined up to kick, there's a way to make them reconsider. For example, if they have a 4th and 1 inside the 10 yard line, or maybe its 4th and 1 from the 44 and they've decided to attempt a 62 yard field goal. The key is, if you see that they're in FG formation in the play call screen, before you pick your play go into super sim and do nothing, just back out. Alot of times the CPU will change their mind and decide to go for it instead.*

SETTINGS/SLIDERS
V1.0 (1.13.23)

Spoiler

Last edited by tc020791; 01-13-2023 at 09:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2022, 03:11 PM   #2
MVP

tc020791's Arena

TC's Madden 23 All Pro Sliders

Some test games in franchise mode.

WAS (USER) / DET (CPU)

CAR (USER) / CIN (CPU)

SF (USER) / ATL (CPU)

MIA (CPU) / LAC (USER)

KC (CPU) / CIN (USER)

CPU Per Game Avg.
Off Yds: 350.2
Pass: 251.6
Rush: 98.2
Turnovers: 1.0
Penalty Yds: 46.4
Sacks: 4.0

USER Per Game Avg.
Off Yds: 339.6
Pass: 264.4
Rush: 75.2
Turnovers: 1.6
Penalty Yds: 36.6
Sacks: 2.2

Last edited by tc020791; 10-24-2022 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:16 PM   #3
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Re: TC's Madden 23 All Pro Sliders

Streaming Texans YR1 Week 1

twitch.tv/tc020791
Old 10-25-2022, 12:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

these were pretty fun, i had a close game against the titans where they came back late but couldn’t seal the game and it finished 29-27. i’ll keep you posted on how these are playing, but so far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-25-2022, 12:17 AM   #5
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterArtz
these were pretty fun, i had a close game against the titans where they came back late but couldn’t seal the game and it finished 29-27. i’ll keep you posted on how these are playing, but so far so good!

Glad you enjoyed them! Curious how the CPU run game was. I changed their run block on the OP from 60 to 65. I felt like they could use just a small boost there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2022, 12:35 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Glad you enjoyed them! Curious how the CPU run game was. I changed their run block on the OP from 60 to 65. I felt like they could use just a small boost there.

in the first half henry had nowhere to run, my d-line was in his face the whole time (i had game planned for run inside). the second half was a different story when i switched the adjustment to defend short pass. he ended up finishing with 111 yards on 23 carries and 2 touchdowns. overall it was good on 60 but i think 65 would work as well.

the one area that was a little much was the fumbles, i think i had 4 with 2 lost, none for the cpu however. i’m pretty sure 1 came from my qb and the other 3 were all from attempting tackle battles. i’m gonna get another game in tomorrow to see if it was just a fluke or if it needs adjusting, i’ll let you know how it goes!

Old 10-25-2022, 06:58 AM   #7
roe
Rookie

Interesting set. Your philosophy on sliders seems to match similar to mine

Can I ask what you mean by penalties affecting gameplay? What impact do you think the holding slider has?
Old 10-25-2022, 08:04 AM   #8
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roe
Interesting set. Your philosophy on sliders seems to match similar to mine

Can I ask what you mean by penalties affecting gameplay? What impact do you think the holding slider has?

I couldn’t get the human run game to be a challenge for the life of me . Even with run block at 0 and CPU tackle at 100. There were still gaping holes everywhere. I had holding above 50, like most do on here, I actually had it on 99. As soon as I turned it back down to 50 my run game became about 1000x harder. And now I’m lucky to get 100 yards in a game. I also still see atleast 2 holding penalties per game on average.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »