Home

Game difficulty issues

This is a discussion on Game difficulty issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Game difficulty issues

Wanted to post this as a separate post to get everyones attention, mods, once the general populace catches on please delete if you choose. Not sure if people are even looking at the bugs thread. Anyway, as follows:

Console: Xbox series X

Mode: Franchise (Online)

Bug: If you back out of the franchise hub to the main menu screen, then return to franchise hub your game difficulty increases to the next level up.

This can throw you off, especially for those who are slider testing. I thought I was playing All Pro all of this time, not sure when the setting changed during my last season. I just happened to go to franchise settings to check sliders and picked the top option, which I never do because there's no need other than at the beginning of the franchise. At some point the game difficulty mysteriously changed to All Madden. Tested it a few times and each time the difficulty bumped up from All Pro to All Madden on its own.

Probably why I got my a@@ handed to me during the final game of my 2023 season now that I'm thinking about it. I already have the CPU sliders significantly increased for All Pro. Those slider buffs integrated into All Madden difficulty made them monsters lol.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 10-22-2022 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2022, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

mundial1345's Arena

Re: Game difficulty issues

Not sure if quite the same issue but I'm having a difficulty issue similar to this, I have it set to all madden in the main menu, imported my sliders into 2 different leagues both show all madden as the difficulty. Played week 1 in both leagues good tough games for everyone in the leagues. Played week 2 in the league A still a good tough game actually got smoked.

Went to play week 2 in the league B still showing all madden in the league but all the people in the league won 42-0 and another won 63-35 which I thought was weird given everyone lost the first week in this league and I don't think anyone scored more then like 27. So I loaded my game up and I ended up winning 51-10 and noticed the kicking meter was slow and had the 3 targets on the line going through the field goal so I checked the difficulty level in game and it said rookie. Strange I thought so after the game finished I went back into the settings in the league and it still said all madden. Not sure whats going on or how to fix it. Playing on series x also.
Old 10-25-2022, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

I’ve had issues, too. But I think I found out why my difficulty keeps changing. Whatever difficulty I last play on in Exhibition Mode, when I enter Franchise it changes to the difficulty.

Example- I’ve played Exhibition with my almost 5 year old son on Rookie. I’ve noticed it changed to Rookie unknowingly for a while in my Franchise. I always had to keep changing it back to All Pro.

I just played a game by myself on Exhibition yesterday on All Madden. Sure enough when I entered Franchise it was on All Madden.

I made sure to play a game this morning on All Pro & when I entered CFM it was on All Pro again.

Long story short, whoever is your commissioner, have them play a game in Exhibition Mode on the desired difficulty then go to Franchise. As ridiculously annoying as that is, it works for me so far.

Last edited by steelheat226; 10-25-2022 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheat226
I’ve had issues, too. But I think I found out why my difficulty keeps changing. Whatever difficulty I last play on in Exhibition Mode, when I enter Franchise it changes to the difficulty.

Example- I’ve played Exhibition with my almost 5 year old son on Rookie. I’ve noticed it changed to Rookie unknowingly for a while in my Franchise. I always had to keep changing it back to All Pro.

I just played a game by myself on Exhibition yesterday on All Madden. Sure enough when I entered Franchise it was on All Madden.

I made sure to play a game this morning on All Pro & when I entered CFM it was on All Pro again.

Long story short, whoever is your commissioner, have them play a game in Exhibition Mode on the desired difficulty then go to Franchise. As ridiculously annoying as that is, it works for me so far.
Ahhh, I think you’re on to something! Let me check the normal game hub and see what setting I have it on (willing to bet it’s All Madden). Speaking of this issue on another note, I played a game yesterday (my 77 rated NYG vs I think 80 rated MIA) and had a great close game, although I thought Miami would pose more of a problem.

So, maybe I don’t have the perfect ALL PRO slider set that I though I had. Because of this, I made a mental note to boost some CPU sliders after the game was done, not knowing at the time that I had FORGOT to switch the difficulty to All Pro before the game. Yeah, the difficulty was on All Madden the whole time and the CPU appeared to be waaaay more nuked than what you would expect (what I’ve actually experienced) from All Madden as of not even a week ago! I’m so confused 🫤 now lol.

That game against the dolphins makes me think I need to be playing on All Madden now????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »