Home

2023 Impressions? on the fence

This is a discussion on 2023 Impressions? on the fence within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-15-2022, 04:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2023 Impressions? on the fence

Game is released but I do not see a impressions thread. How do you guys like it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2022, 05:46 AM   #2
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2023 Impressions? on the fence

People have been giving impressions in this thread....as usual, mixed responses.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...bscribers.html
Old 10-15-2022, 08:19 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

Hiya all---Greetings from the UK!
Offline Season Mode player --since the days before well....blimey....94?
Last years NHL 22 was one of the mst frustrating experiances on a Computer since the days I couldnt get on p0rnHob...lol
Despite constant Slider tinkering, endless Patchers and tuners, I finally gave up 66 games into my Blues Season.

I know theres a LOT of justifiable outrage with the lack of Presentation, but how does the game actually play? (offline PS4)
Since NHL22 has been now officially regarded as a "bust", is NHL23 (despite its many flaws) actually worth getting for my Hockey Season fix??

Please accept my apologies if this question has been already asked, its difficult to actually accertain, as theres obviously very different issues for very different people....(such is Life)
Old 10-15-2022, 09:00 AM   #4
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Hiya all---Greetings from the UK!
Offline Season Mode player --since the days before well....blimey....94?
Last years NHL 22 was one of the mst frustrating experiances on a Computer since the days I couldnt get on p0rnHob...lol
Despite constant Slider tinkering, endless Patchers and tuners, I finally gave up 66 games into my Blues Season.

I know theres a LOT of justifiable outrage with the lack of Presentation, but how does the game actually play? (offline PS4)
Since NHL22 has been now officially regarded as a "bust", is NHL23 (despite its many flaws) actually worth getting for my Hockey Season fix??

Please accept my apologies if this question has been already asked, its difficult to actually accertain, as theres obviously very different issues for very different people....(such is Life)
That's why there isn't a universal answer to this question as each person has different expectations and enjoys things differently. For example, I wouldn't consider NHL 22 a bust in my opinion, it was the most played version for me and I had the most fun in years. But I understand others might not have liked it and that is just how things go.

Presentation is another hot button. But again for me, I actually play my sports games with the least amount of presentation/stoppages as possible as my time is limited and I just want to play. However, I totally respect others want that and it does boggle my mind why they removed the option.

As for offline gameplay, that is all I play and like last year, so far I am enjoying it. On the surface not sure I have seen a complete difference from last year, seems to generally play the same for me, but since I enjoyed NHL 22, totally fine with that. Sure there is room for improvement such as the CPU defenseman playing from the points better, I do agree with that. But that is not a big enough reason for me not to play it. It is a little strange to me that I haven't really seen much of the new animations of pointing to players, holding stick during line change, and player diving on shots, but again those things wouldn't stop me from playing it.

No regrets in my purchase as I didn't expect it to be much different based on history but that's just my opinion....I am certainl many others will voice the opposite, which is totally fine. That is why always best to try it yourself (i.e. the trial if possible) as ultimately only you can decide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »