Home

Has anyone else been unable to play MyEra because of the shooting?

This is a discussion on Has anyone else been unable to play MyEra because of the shooting? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2022, 11:58 PM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Has anyone else been unable to play MyEra because of the shooting?

Iv tried to start a franchise 3 times already and every time i just get frustrated and quit and delete the file.

The shooting is too hard for franchise period. HOF is the only difficulty i don’t fall asleep on while playing but it’s just too hard to shoot for the casual experience.

If anyone is about to say “just practice and get good.”

No.

I casually play MyEra, hence this only being the 3rd time Iv tried to play it. I go full quarters without making a jump shot. For some reason you HAVE to set your controller settings to either early, very early, late, very late. I don’t see a setting to turn that off, so i can just get everyone’s regular shot.

The meter is unforgiving to the point where i don’t even feel like grinding and learning everyone’s jumper because at the end of the day who TF cares? I did it for MyCareer because i play that all the time but i just don’t see the use in learning the jumpers for MyEra too.

Is there a way to increase my shot window without just putting the sliders up 30 points? I still want

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2022, 12:33 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Has anyone else been unable to play MyEra because of the shooting?

Meter off. Shot timing impact at 0. Shooting sliders at 56ish. Turn jump shot defensive strength sliders for user and cpu down to 15.

Problem solved. There’s literally sliders for this guys.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:55 AM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Meter off. Shot timing impact at 0. Shooting sliders at 56ish. Turn jump shot defensive strength sliders for user and cpu down to 15.

I wouldnt categorize it as "problem solved" as there is not a slider that counteracts animations outweighing ratings, but yes, those couple of adjustments do improve the experience a bit.
Another adjustment that can be made if you dont want to jack up the success sliders is shot coverage impact. Raising it will increase the window a bit on open shots.
For those who play with Real FG% it's a must to raise that slider as one of the drawbacks has always been that shot selection wouldn't matter as much with Real FG%.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh

Last edited by Mikelopedia; 10-05-2022 at 01:57 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:40 AM   #4
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Scrap the arcade meters.

Just use Real Player% and you'll be fine.

You'll get more of a dopamine hit with a clean swish than seeing a silly green icon flash up.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
I wouldnt categorize it as "problem solved" as there is not a slider that counteracts animations outweighing ratings, but yes, those couple of adjustments do improve the experience a bit.
Another adjustment that can be made if you dont want to jack up the success sliders is shot coverage impact. Raising it will increase the window a bit on open shots.
For those who play with Real FG% it's a must to raise that slider as one of the drawbacks has always been that shot selection wouldn't matter as much with Real FG%.
I don't think that is accurate. Its the opposite, usually that slider should be lowered so that the occasional contested jumper goes in.
Real FG% doesn't just look at a player's rating, it factors in situation and defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2022, 05:21 PM   #6
Rookie

First year where I cannot hero ball on MJ all the time. I literally had to learn the various shot timings for Harper, Pippen, Paxson, Armstrong etc. On HOF difficulty with fatigue on too, man just so many variables to that shot timing it’s crazy. I can understand why many are turning it off. For me, it’s annoying but I still enjoy having full control of my shot.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:45 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

You refuse to go lower than hall of fame, but can't compete. Your pain is self inflicted.

why not just up the shooting sliders side you're a casual?

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-05-2022 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:09 PM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23

I wouldn’t do this. With shot timing impact at 0 you can make shots even when TRYING to miss (holding the shot button/stick until the game forces you to shoot, immediately letting go of the shot early, etc). If that’s what you’re looking for, go ahead. But I think it kind of completely removes the point of doing User Timing for shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »