Home

Complete Fictional Roster Released

This is a discussion on Complete Fictional Roster Released within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2022, 10:34 AM   #1
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

OVR: 5
Complete Fictional Roster Released

I know it’s lat in the cycle but it takes a really long time lol

I uploaded a complete 93 man fictional roster to the vault. Been working on it since release when Bacon determined not to do his again this year. I’ve done this before, you can go back to the very first fictional rosters on The Show on this site. I was a part of the first team and then lead the team the second year. I loved Bacon’s roster and don’t pretend it to be as good as his but I think you should be happy with it.

The concept was of a new league to rival MLB starting from scratch. The league consists of 18-24 yo to start. Major club and AAA consist of players between the age of 21-24. AA and A consist of players 18-20. This was the fictional rules I set up to start the league. All movement is “legal” after the start of the season of course. Salaries are comparably low to mlb to signify a startup league. I’m working on 30 fictional teams as well for my ‘chise (16 of the 30 done) but that’s obviously not necessary.

Anyways, hope you enjoy.

You can find the roster in the fantasy vault under sluggbugg. I’ll come up with a better name for it later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2022, 09:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Complete Fictional Roster Released

Thank you. I needed this.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:33 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinlove9301
Thank you. I needed this.
Same. Really like this roster. Thanks for your hard work and sharing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-07-2022, 07:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great job. That's an awful lot of work for one person. I know because I am doing my own fictional roster. But I do all my editing within the franchise. As I play each team, I go in and edit. So I am 50 games in and have edited all National league teams and a couple of American league teams. What I did was start with the full minors roster and simulate 12 years. That way most of the real players are retired. Then I edit all the computer generated players. So I am in the year 2034. Each team still has a few real players, but they are all old and washed up. I have also created fictional stadiums for most of the teams. If you want to check them out, they are under the user ID joetjb. They are all team specific. Anyway, again, great job.
Old 10-07-2022, 02:19 PM   #5
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Cool. Thanks for your work.

How did you rank the strenght of each team ? did you follow more or less actual ranking ? like Dodgers, Yankees Astros the best teams and Tigers, A's at the bottom ?

Last edited by TripleCrown; 10-08-2022 at 12:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2022, 07:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Who are some of your favorite creations?
Old 10-08-2022, 06:47 PM   #7
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
Cool. Thanks for your work.

How did you rank the strenght of each team ? did you follow more or less actual ranking ? like Dodgers, Yankees Astros the best teams and Tigers, A's at the bottom ?
It’s really was just pretty random. I did a little rearranging before release to even things out a little more. The rosters really just kind of turned out based on how I was feeling the day I created players. It’s a very monotonous process so some days it was just kind of “today I feel like making some finesse pitchers” etc. There’s one team, can’t remember now, that has a higher number of Hispanic players than average. For some reason one day I was just in that kind of mood I guess.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:50 PM   #8
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB
Who are some of your favorite creations?
Man that’s a tough question. I’ve just begun being able to play with them the last week or so. That will determine a lot it. When you start seeing the unique way certain players play. SP Coyote Armas is fun to pitch with though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »