Home

I'm seeing way less interceptions with pass defense sliders at 100 (not 0)

This is a discussion on I'm seeing way less interceptions with pass defense sliders at 100 (not 0) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm seeing way less interceptions with pass defense sliders at 100 (not 0)

Thread title. For context I play CPUvCPU CFM on slow sim. After a ton of frustration with interception, pass coverage, and reaction time sliders at 0, I wanted to see what would happen if I put them at 100.

I've played a full season with them like that now and have seen way less interceptions, going from like 4-6 per game to the more normal 1-4. My drafted QB went from 29 INTs in one year to 13, and my defense went from catching 47 to about 30 (I have an elite defense with multiple 99s in the backfield, so that seems much more realistic). There are definitely way more gaps in coverage this way too.

I've also made some other tweaks to gameplay sliders, and changing QB tendencies around the league so everyone throws the ball away and no one is trigger-happy, paranoid, or aggressively throws into coverage.

My idea is that the sliders aren't from 0 to 100 the way I originally thought, but sliders at 0 favor the defense and sliders at 100 favor the offense. That also tracks with fumbles (0 is a fumble party, 100 makes them much more rare).

It's not perfect (still way too many pick 6s and even if I'm right it's still way too many INTs for what "should" be a 0 rating), but it's definitely made a difference

Has anyone else tried these sliders? I'm wondering if it's just a fluke but after this many games I'm pretty confident that this is working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2022, 04:16 PM   #2
MVP

Re: I'm seeing way less interceptions with pass defense sliders at 100 (not 0)

Could you list or post your sliders you used?
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 09-25-2022, 08:35 PM   #3
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmch1990
Thread title. For context I play CPUvCPU CFM on slow sim. After a ton of frustration with interception, pass coverage, and reaction time sliders at 0, I wanted to see what would happen if I put them at 100.

I've played a full season with them like that now and have seen way less interceptions, going from like 4-6 per game to the more normal 1-4. My drafted QB went from 29 INTs in one year to 13, and my defense went from catching 47 to about 30 (I have an elite defense with multiple 99s in the backfield, so that seems much more realistic). There are definitely way more gaps in coverage this way too.

I've also made some other tweaks to gameplay sliders, and changing QB tendencies around the league so everyone throws the ball away and no one is trigger-happy, paranoid, or aggressively throws into coverage.

My idea is that the sliders aren't from 0 to 100 the way I originally thought, but sliders at 0 favor the defense and sliders at 100 favor the offense. That also tracks with fumbles (0 is a fumble party, 100 makes them much more rare).

It's not perfect (still way too many pick 6s and even if I'm right it's still way too many INTs for what "should" be a 0 rating), but it's definitely made a difference

Has anyone else tried these sliders? I'm wondering if it's just a fluke but after this many games I'm pretty confident that this is working.

Has EA ever described how the sliders should work?
Old 09-25-2022, 08:55 PM   #4
Pro

I wouldn't be shocked. There has been instances where the sliders were opposite to what you'd think.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
Could you list or post your sliders you used?

Sure I mess with them a little bit so this is not official or anything but I've been pretty close to these the whole time.

13m quarters, 13s runoff, All-Pro

User / CPU
QB Accuracy 70/77
Pass Blocking 90/90
WR Catching 80/83
Run Blocking 60/63
Fumbles 90/90
Pass Defense Reaction Time 100/100
Interceptions 100/100
Pass Coverage 100/100
Tackling 48/48

Injuries 20
Fatigue 50
Speed Threshold 45

Offside 85
False Start 80
Holding 80
Face Mask 75
DPI 70
OPI on
KCI on
Illegal Block in the Back 85
Grounding on (I've never seen this called)
Roughing Passer 50/99
Roughing Kicker On
Running Into Kicker On
Illegal Contact On
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2022, 11:44 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Has EA ever described how the sliders should work?
I dont know and one of the reasons I am still skeptical is that if it was that simple I feel like they would have said something? It's also definitely still too many INTs for what should be the lowest rating if it's right. But it is definitely lower than when I had it at 0.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Just as a follow up, I've tried a few different slider combos and keep coming back to something close to this. This, to me, has almost nearly solved the INT problem. Granted it is only for CPUvCPU, but I'm curious if anyone who plays consistently uses these sliders with the same effect.

Below is my tweak. I've simmed the first 9 games of a season with these sliders. My QB has thrown 10 INTs (3 in one bad momentum game) on 76 incomplete passes, and my defense has also picked off 10 on 103 incompletions. So basically 1 pick per game per team, a little more often per incomplete pass for my QB.
It still feels like too many for my QB to throw (I have a 99 rated QB) but it's way more in control than it was before.

10 Min quarters, no accelerated clock, all-pro, simulation.

User/CPU
QB acc 60/63
PBK 85/85
Catching 80/85
RBK 60/63
Fumbles 90/90
Def reaction time 100/100
INT 100/100
Pass Cov 50/50
TKL 48/48

Has anyone else tried going the opposite direction with reaction time and INT like this?
Old 10-06-2022, 08:47 PM   #8
Rookie

fmorgan1034's Arena

The basis of this post makes sense to me but not the reasons why. When pass coverage gets reduced zones especially are actually tighter because the defender not being where they’re supposed to be closes some of the throwing lanes. Just my thoughts on it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »