Home

My Eras question

This is a discussion on My Eras question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2022, 07:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My Eras question

Hey guys,

When you guys are playing the different eras do you set to control all teams if you want to try and reject trades that happen and try to keep the year the same how it was in real life? Will affect other teams coaching etc if you are controlling all teams?

Also, I wanted to play with the penny Shaq team in the 90s era but there is no way to make that happen unless you end up being able to draft them after simming a few seasons?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2022, 07:27 PM   #2
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: My Eras question

Yes you can control every team, turn off/on CPU trades, veto trades the CPU makes, force the CPU to accept your trades, etc. So you can make anything happen, really. You could control every team in the draft and force them all to draft the same player they did IRL, or change history however you see fit.

It would be a lot of work to do, but it's yours to control if you want to.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks E,

Im using your sliders too btw and liking them. Been playing 2k since the first one on Dreamcast.

Im just wondering if you control every team, when your using the team you want to be and playing another team that you also control. Coaching adjustments mid game, playoffs, matchups etc I don't think the computer would do Becuase technically its controlled by you?
Old 09-23-2022, 08:19 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbillan
Thanks E,

Im using your sliders too btw and liking them. Been playing 2k since the first one on Dreamcast.

Im just wondering if you control every team, when your using the team you want to be and playing another team that you also control. Coaching adjustments mid game, playoffs, matchups etc I don't think the computer would do Becuase technically its controlled by you?
You can set whether that's automated or controlled by you. Can't remember which settings list its under but it's called "Automation" I believe and you can choose which teams have which systems controlled by the AI. I usually set everything to be automated, then switch to the team I want total control over and only set that team to manual.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

I was also wondering about this of how to get the teams/rosters to play out like they did in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #6
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I was also wondering about this of how to get the teams/rosters to play out like they did in real life.
Me too! I was a huge sonics fan and during the Jordan Era it's only 1991/92

So Shrempf and Ervin Johnson and Hersey Hawkins, Askew are not on the team - Sam Perkins as well and Brikowsky (I might be missing 1 or 2)

But that's a lot of players - so I was wondering - Does the game try to offer up trades to get all the teams as they would be over the years? or is it completely up to the user to make the NBA look like it did by 1995 for example?

I was hoping the league would evolve as it did automatically because the amount of work to get all the rosters looking like they did just a few years in would be astronomical
Old 09-26-2022, 10:12 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Me too! I was a huge sonics fan and during the Jordan Era it's only 1991/92

So Shrempf and Ervin Johnson and Hersey Hawkins, Askew are not on the team - Sam Perkins as well and Brikowsky (I might be missing 1 or 2)

But that's a lot of players - so I was wondering - Does the game try to offer up trades to get all the teams as they would be over the years? or is it completely up to the user to make the NBA look like it did by 1995 for example?

I was hoping the league would evolve as it did automatically because the amount of work to get all the rosters looking like they did just a few years in would be astronomical
Brickowski didnt sign with the Sonics until the 95-96 season but the game doesnt do that. I am kinda like you where I want the league to look the way it was so what is manually draft all players how they were. If players that were really important are missing then ill update the CAPs to reflect.

Its pretty fun to me, not going to lie, I boost everyones stats a bit so that superstars become superstars. I manually trade players as well to get where they need to as much as possible. Gotta put in a little work to get it where yiu want, but to me Its fun to just vibe out and focus in on the NBA 2k world for a bit haha
Old 09-26-2022, 02:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Brickowski didnt sign with the Sonics until the 95-96 season but the game doesnt do that. I am kinda like you where I want the league to look the way it was so what is manually draft all players how they were. If players that were really important are missing then ill update the CAPs to reflect.

Its pretty fun to me, not going to lie, I boost everyones stats a bit so that superstars become superstars. I manually trade players as well to get where they need to as much as possible. Gotta put in a little work to get it where yiu want, but to me Its fun to just vibe out and focus in on the NBA 2k world for a bit haha
I'm playing as the 91/92 Cavs with fully named rosters for all teams and about 15 free agents. After a bit of full-team control, I realized that there was no way the records would match realism by the end of the year (Magic hasn't retired, Bird isn't injured, etc.) so I let the computer take over all the teams but the Cavs and I am having a blast! I'm in late December and it is the most fun I have had playing a sports game.

It's fantasy. The Mavericks are terrible and are likely to win the lottery and draft Shaq. What a world!?!?!

I am going to do a full-team control later this year to get me to 95-96 and take over the Grizzlies. Basketball reference makes this way easier than you think it would be. It's just adding missing players and draftees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »