Home

NFL PRIME TIME (SmashMouth) Player edits (interception resolution)

This is a discussion on NFL PRIME TIME (SmashMouth) Player edits (interception resolution) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2022, 08:28 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
NFL PRIME TIME (SmashMouth) Player edits (interception resolution)

Good day,

The following player edits resolve the interception issue (these are a variant of Playmakers player edits):

Catch / Catch in Traffic / Special Catch

LBs: 1 - 10
Silver Star LBs: 10 - 20
Gold Star and X Factor LBs: No change from original assigned ratings.

DBs: 20 - 30
Silver Star DBs: 30 - 40
Gold Star and X Factor DBs: No change from original assigned ratings.

Jump

LBs: 30 - 40
Silver Star LBs: 40 - 50

DBs: 50 - 60
Silver Star DBs: 60 - 70

Traits

Play Ball In The Air: Majority of players should be conservative or balanced. For twos and fews I may leave this trait set to aggressive.

Editing each teams Linebacker and Defensive Back corps takes 10 to 15 minutes tops. Not really as bad as I thought it would be. Some evenings/weekends I'll use what would originally have been my playtime to knock out 4 to 5 teams on the schedule. Every now and then I'll still get a game in afterwards.

After the first season you're pretty much set, outside of needing to edit a different team here and there that pops up on your schedule outside of the normal teams that you play often. Additionally, simply scrub the rosters after the start of a new season to edit the rookies.

This definitely solves the issue. You'll still see ints, but you'll also see a huge amount of swats.

On another note, can anyone direct me to any posts that have QB and RB edits that give them personality? Thanks.

Edit: Initial documents enclosed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NFL PRIME TIME PLAYER EDITS.pdf (82.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf NFL PRIME TIME ALL PRO SLIDERS.pdf (55.2 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 09-24-2022 at 09:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2022, 10:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NFL PRIME TIME (SmashMouth) Player edits (interception resolution)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Good day,

The following player edits resolve the interception issue (these are a variant of Playmakers player edits):

Catch / Catch in Traffic / Special Catch

LBs: 1 - 10
Silver Star LBs: 10 - 20

DBs: 20 - 30
Silver Star DBs: 30 - 40

Jump

LBs: 30 - 40
Silver Star LBs: 40 - 50

DBs: 50 - 60
Silver Star DBs: 60 - 70

Traits

Play Ball In The Air: Majority of players should be conservative or balanced. For twos and fews I may leave this trait set to aggressive.

Editing each teams Linebacker and Defensive Back corps takes 10 to 15 minutes tops. Not really as bad as I thought it would be. Some evenings/weekends I'll use what would originally have been my playtime to knock out 4 to 5 teams on the schedule. Every now and then I'll still get a game in afterwards.

After the first season you're pretty much set, outside of needing to edit a different team here and there that pops up on your schedule outside of the normal teams that you play often. Additionally, simply scrub the rosters after the start of a new season to edit the rookies.

This definitely solves the issue. You'll still see ints, but you'll also see a huge amount of swats.

On another note, can anyone direct me to any posts that have QB and RB edits that give them personality? Thanks.
Are you on XBX? If so, is it possible to upload these rosters so we could download them?
Acts 2:38- Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

I would mention that it's going to suck because you'd have to do this to every incoming draft class, too, but draft classes and the offseason don't work, soooooo
Old 09-23-2022, 11:24 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Awesome job man

It's really good to see guys make a decision on their own to improve the gameplay.

Yes it's time consuming but the end results are worth it. EA might do the work for you but who knows that might not happen until end of the football season.

BTW those edits to jump ratings are things I learned back in NBA live. They make the animations more natural looking and the outcomes much better.

To put in simple a 5'11 PG in Live could jump out the gym with EA's jump rating ratings in the 80's and 90's

That same ratings boost applies to Madden which is why at 40 or 50 rating you get more natural looking LB's and DB's play when the ball is in the air

Peace

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-23-2022, 11:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmb4life
Are you on XBX? If so, is it possible to upload these rosters so we could download them?
Yes I’m on Series X. As far as draft classes for upload, no sir I don’t have that available. The only teams edited are on my schedule and a few randoms here and there. I don’t do full draft classes and only edit the rookies once they’re signed to a team. Sim stats for edited/unedited teams are not effected (atleast they don’t appear to be) so no worries about having a portion of the league untouched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2022, 11:50 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagan
I would mention that it's going to suck because you'd have to do this to every incoming draft class, too, but draft classes and the offseason don't work, soooooo
Fortunately, I haven’t experienced any game breaking bugs up to this point. The closest thing to an issue I experienced was a frozen (looping) load screen after the first week in my second season of franchise. I reset the game and when I booted back up it was in the second week as it was supposed to be.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:59 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Awesome job man

It's really good to see guys make a decision on their own to improve the gameplay.

Yes it's time consuming but the end results are worth it. EA might do the work for you but who knows that might not happen until end of the football season.

BTW those edits to jump ratings are things I learned back in NBA live. They make the animations more natural looking and the outcomes much better.

To put in simple a 5'11 PG in Live could jump out the gym with EA's jump rating ratings in the 80's and 90's

That same ratings boost applies to Madden which is why at 40 or 50 rating you get more natural looking LB's and DB's play when the ball is in the air

Peace
Appreciate all of the work over the years. I’ve always been able to get great gameplay by making a gumbo of my ratings seasoned with a mix of your ratings and a few others.

I’ll put the numbers together and use the standard averaging formula and go from there with slight tweaks if needed. Sometimes MAJOR tweaks lol, I don’t see how any of you guys can play with Run Block slider higher than 2 or 3 at most for this iteration!

Finally, would you happen to have any rating recommendations that can give QBs, WRs, and RBs more pronounced/distinguished personalities?
Old 09-23-2022, 12:22 PM   #8
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

I joke a lot, but dead serious with this ask.

Do we know / has it been tested if "editing rosters" is itself a reason for the crashing, kick outs and corrupted franchises?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »