Home

F1 Manager 2022: How's it going?

This is a discussion on F1 Manager 2022: How's it going? within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2022, 09:07 AM   #1
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
Thumbs up F1 Manager 2022: How's it going?

I've got two rounds left in my initial season with Haas and I'm wondering what you guys are thinking of the game after a few weeks? My season goal was to be in 6th and that's where I'm at, 14 points behind 5th and 24 points ahead of 7th. Schumacher's contract is about to expire and I am wanting to hire Piastri, but I'm wondering if the wiser move is to stick with Schumacher? He's a 78 now, Piastri a 74, but Piastri has the higher growth potential. Maybe even go for a more experienced driver? Magnussen is kicking Schumacher's butt weekly.

Looking back, I should have hired Piastri as the reserve driver to start the season (if he'd even move from Alpine) and kept throwing him out in FP1 for the dev points and promoting him at the end of the year. The FP1 dev points are huge. I hired Logan Sargent as the reserve driver and his OVR rating has gone up three points in like half a season.

Anyways, what are you guys thinking so far? Any tips before transitioning to the new year? I'm hoping I made the right call in year one focusing heavily on research for the following season. I did not expect to be as in to this game as I am, but I've been playing it every night for a few hours ever since it released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2022, 04:29 PM   #2
Rookie

longway911's Arena

Re: F1 Manager 2022: How's it going?

Damn I figured SOMEONE on these forums was still playing this game.

Did the offseason, put Piastri in Schumacher's seat and man, what a move. Between that and my entire first season being heavily focused on research for the 2023 car, I got Haas a W in the first race of the second season in what was Piastri's first race, period. On top of that, Magnussen finished third. Second race was very different, with a p6 and p9, but it's great to be racing against Ferrari, RB, and Merc and not against Aston Martin and Williams.
Old 09-21-2022, 06:28 AM   #3
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by longway911
I've got two rounds left in my initial season with Haas and I'm wondering what you guys are thinking of the game after a few weeks? My season goal was to be in 6th and that's where I'm at, 14 points behind 5th and 24 points ahead of 7th. Schumacher's contract is about to expire and I am wanting to hire Piastri, but I'm wondering if the wiser move is to stick with Schumacher? He's a 78 now, Piastri a 74, but Piastri has the higher growth potential. Maybe even go for a more experienced driver? Magnussen is kicking Schumacher's butt weekly.

Looking back, I should have hired Piastri as the reserve driver to start the season (if he'd even move from Alpine) and kept throwing him out in FP1 for the dev points and promoting him at the end of the year. The FP1 dev points are huge. I hired Logan Sargent as the reserve driver and his OVR rating has gone up three points in like half a season.

Anyways, what are you guys thinking so far? Any tips before transitioning to the new year? I'm hoping I made the right call in year one focusing heavily on research for the following season. I did not expect to be as in to this game as I am, but I've been playing it every night for a few hours ever since it released.
I'm slowly still playing it. Nothing against the game really, just really short on time lately. I think I'm like 4-5 races into 1st season with Haas. I did replace Fittipaldi with Sargent. Not sure on Mick, as he's always way behind Kevin.
Old 09-21-2022, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

longway911's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
I'm slowly still playing it. Nothing against the game really, just really short on time lately. I think I'm like 4-5 races into 1st season with Haas. I did replace Fittipaldi with Sargent. Not sure on Mick, as he's always way behind Kevin.
If I could do the whole first season over again I would have seen if I could hire Piastri into the reserve slot and had him run out in FP1 every weekend for those sweet 500 dev points.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:31 PM   #5
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Haven't played it as much lately, mostly because I'm pressed for time. I'm still enjoying it. Hopefully, upcoming patches fix what little issues the game has. But for a first go, I'm enjoying the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2022, 10:15 AM   #6
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

I am not sure if it's the car or the level of player. I am in the Williams and I am getting sick and tired of going wide or wrecking. Kind of surprised you won with Piastri because everyone I have seen on youtube, he runs wide or wrecks all the time. I hope it's the car and not the level of player. Albon is 80 overall and after 16 races, have finish only 13 and ran wide a few times during the ones he did finish to take him out of good finishing spots. Are you having that problem in Haas?

I have gotten 2 top 10 (6th thanks to a rain race and my strategy working great and 10th) with Albon and that is great. Latifi blows (runs wide like every race or wrecks) but going to keep him the whole season before I change. I am getting better and better figuring out stuff. Albon I think is going to be my number 1 driver once I replace Latifi. Thinking of getting Vettel just so I can keep my focus on trying to get Albon better and have a vet that hopefully won't wreck or run wide all the time. I can see myself playing this game all the time, even if I take a break here or there.

My first year I focused on getting parts to go faster. My first 3 chances I did development which I have seen my car get faster on the track. I am racing against Haas, Mclaren's and Alpha teams. My 4th chance I did research. I hope I didn't do it backwards hahaha. I wasn't thinking of doing research first. Maybe I should have?

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

Last edited by burter; 09-23-2022 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:12 AM   #7
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Patch 1.8 is out which fixes the widescreen issues. Now It moves the UI to the far left and right. However, on my 49inch screen it kind of makes you move your head a back and forth because its probably too wide! hahaha. I hope in a patch they make it so you can just move the UI around. I could deal with the UI not being widescreen, what bother me more than that was anytime you hover over car 1 or 2 you end up either blocking out the leaderboard or the map. I would have rather them put in where we can move the UI around. However at least this is a start and it does look better with the UI away from the center of the screen.

Haven't done any races yet to see what the patch has done to the overall game play. Per the patch notes, seems like it fixed a few things.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 09-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #8
Rookie

longway911's Arena

Good question on designing current season parts vs researching for next season. I guess the best way to look at it is this: designing new parts is for the CURRENT SEASON ONLY and will increase the competitiveness of your current car for the remainder of the campaign. Research is for NEXT SEASON ONLY (it will not impact your current car AT ALL) and gives your following years car a leg up when developing parts. I focused so heavily on research the first season because it didn't seem like the Haas would be competitive that, I don't think I could develop new parts fast enough that would catch me up to the other teams with enough races left to make it a viable strategy.

The Piastri win felt fluky now that I'm halfway through the second year. He's about 30 points behind Magnussen who beats him most races. To me, the running wide issue seems to be much more about the track itself and how aggressively you're pushing the tires. I'll go entire races with neither of them running wide, and in the last race I think both drivers locked up twice including Piastri on the final lap, going from 9th to 12th in the process.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »