Home

PS5 Draft Classes in MyNBA Eras mode

This is a discussion on PS5 Draft Classes in MyNBA Eras mode within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2022, 03:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
PS5 Draft Classes in MyNBA Eras mode

I've been adding classes where the computer generated players stop getting in the way and this is done to keep things fresh.

In this thread, I'll update all of the classes draft files that's the best for that year in here and update consistently if I see or create better classes.

I will keep this thread for anyone who wants the list of the best MyNBA Eras classes.

Added NBA2k24 classes for the Kobe Era

2003-2011 is completed.

Last edited by King Ken; 09-18-2023 at 10:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: PS5 Draft Classes in MyNBA Eras mode

I like this idea
Old 09-13-2022, 06:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Here's what I've seen so far.

PS5 Share -

1984 - I found several suitable classes but was mad about the AG(Auto Generated) players, especially the bigs. They were way too athletic for the 80s. They didn't play an 80s style at all on average. So I edited this class for the AG players and nerfed their athletic ability. I did this to all of the 80s types I've edited. The big issue also is the AG players being better than the NBA prospects. That's a no-no. I heavily nerfed all AG prospects for all classes I've edited. In regards to 84, Barkley and Alvin have been included.

My 84 class - nbasuperstar40 - 1984 Draft

1985 - See 1984, I didn't add anyone as everyone relevant was already in the draft. I just did the nerfing of AG prospects.

My 85 class - nbasuperstar40 - 1985 Draft

1986 - Probably the deepest class in the 80s even if it had many top-level busts or disappointments. Bias was added. Very deep class.

My 86 class - nbasuperstar40 - 1986 Draft

I'll review 87' later on.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:55 AM   #4
Rookie

For 1987, I came down to two profiles: KingSkittlesLLJ and PahanKol.

What I liked about KS LLJ is he had the AG players starting at 68 overall whereas PahanKol had the class starting at 70 which is too high for AG's in my eyes. 65-68 is a good starting point and I prefer 66 got AGs but I have done 70 as well depending on the class. I choose PahanKol because I like rating on Reggie Miller and the class has been worked on by him. I can see he put in time on this class and it has craftsmanship. Overall, I liked both. I didn't like the others at all.

For 1988, I went with KingSkittlesLLJ. The only issue I have is the AGs are too athletic for the bigs, especially centers. They don't fit the style of centers in the 80s and 90s.

Edit: In fact, I skipped over Wiz-fan85 for 88 and his is much better. Even has Anthony Mason in it and he's edited certain players which are a tad boosted from what 2k rated them. If that's offputting to you, KS might be the best choice for you.

For 1989, I went with a newcomer to the list. Wiz-fan85. I liked his edits a better than PahanKol for 89 and his list is only missing Mookie Blaylock who someone created a CAP for Mookie Blaylock. You can edit it to your personal liking. What I liked the most is how he did the GAs, just nerfed them to the bottom. I am not the biggest fan of this because it really kills the depth of the league but hey, if some do a 70 as a low mark, this helps with balance for GAs.

I would look into Wiz-fan85 for fellow OSers.

90s

1990, I am not doing any classes in the 90s at all.

As for the best class, this one is all about preference. Down to KS and Wiz-fan85 again. Wiz-fan85 put a lot more effort into his class and it has a lot more real players. The issue is, he has Mookie Blaylock in it who was in the 1989 class, not the 1990 class and his ratings for Mookie are all wrong. Mookie was like the Kyle Lowry of his era. Defensive menace who could score and pass. He was a true competitor. I would have gone with Wiz-fan if I didn't see that.

1991, the UNLV class. I went with KS but there is a newcomer named raph1387. He actually put the most time and effort into his class and really added a lot of real players. That said, he has to GAs ahead ratings-wise over the real players. That's a no-no. He fixes that and he has the best 91 class.

Will cover 1992 and later tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2022, 02:23 AM   #5
Rookie

While I am working on 2004 and 2005 NBA Draft classes as well as others in the 2000s, please look out for changes to both classes in the upcoming days.

I added a personal twist to both classes. Basically giving you a chance to make a decision that was made before but can you get different results from that player? What's most fun about these two classes especially 2004 is they were the last of the high school era. Where you didn't exactly know what you were buying and if it was going to translate into the NBA but you had players who had high potential but did they really have high potential? My draft classes will challenge you as a franchise decision-maker as it challenged these guys at the time. Would Bynum be a bust if he landed with the Hawks instead of the Lakers with Kobe?

I am really enjoying creating these classes. It's a lot of fun for me. Testing will be an interesting process.

I am not doing a 2003 draft class and what I have on my account is what I am doing for the most part. 2003 barely has any players and you just need to find someone who's doing a good job with the GAs. I nerfed a lot of players in my 2004 class which happens once I find a level as a draft class creator/developer.

Enjoy and I'll continue to evaluate draft classes as we move forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2022, 03:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Note: If you load your class, it defaults to the default class. You have to load it on the prospects page and do it twice as the first time, it does work either. Seems to be a bug from 2k.

1992 - I went with KingSkittlesLLJ again. I am not fond of his GA's. They shoot too well and I will have to nerf some of them.

By name: Clifton Rodman and D.J. Morris as well as guys like Mercer and Buruk.

KingSkittles primarily focused on certain classes because some of the others were awful but when it's good, it's good.

1993 - I am going with raph1387. To be honest, Raph's draft classes have been disappointing but he was in his bag for 1993.

1994 - While I look forward to clutch's draft class, it's awful so far as his focus is the roster right now. Right now, Raph's in his bag.

1995 - This is a decent class. Not 1996 but still pretty good. Raph's world right now. Three in a row like Chicago.

1996 - Edit it yourself. All of them suck right now. raph hot streak ended.

1997 - DEBRICKSHAW11 came out of nowhere and dropped 30 on the draft class. He brought it.

1998 - Edit them yourself

1999 - Edit them yourself

On to the 2000s.
Old 09-16-2022, 03:51 PM   #7
Rookie

2000 - While raph is very inconsistent, 2000 is a good edit for him. I don't see a crap ton of work from the spot position. My biggest knock is no NBA prospect should be worse than a GA. I hope raph can edit that.

2001 - I did a pretty good job on 2001 (nbasuperstar40). raph did a good job too. I see a number of spots where he missed but I see some spots got did better than me on. I will be editing 2001, raph brought it.

2002 - raph dropped 30 on this one. He must have multiple accounts because this isn't the same raph but it writes like the other raph.

2003 - Update: I finally added a 2003 class. 01/26/23.

Has the most classes out of all of the 2000s and most are just terrible. D_Respect is the guy I've been using. The only difference I would make would be to Darko. Yeah, we know he's a bust but did we know he was going to be a bust at that time. No. He even had amazing workouts. He's a Andrew Bynum, Marvin Williams for me. If you know, you know.

2004 - I think we all know I have the best 2004. Easily my best class and the main one I heavily tested so far. If you downloaded the class a week ago, you might as well dl it again because it's completely different.

2005 - Probably my favorite class to work on with so much mystique. Easily nbasuperstar40.

2006 - I wouldn't say this is close to my best class but follow the rules. Most of the others didn't. I see GA's with 78s, if I wanted that, I wouldn't bother downloading a draft class.

2007 - I did my thing with this class. I don't see any comp. I feel like raph is the only one in the 2000s who's challenged me so far and I still have a lot of work to do.

2008 - If it wasn't for my class, I would tell you all to edit it yourself.

2009 - See 2008.

On to the modern era!

Last edited by King Ken; 01-26-2023 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:07 PM   #8
Rookie

2010 - I have a 2010 in the vault but I don't see myself using it and removing one of the others that I've made. The options for others are so awful in the 2000s. Oh, I liked bigdougswan. His class at least followed all of the rules.

2011 - bigdougswan got another one.

2012 - I am hoping to see bigdougswan name. I do! But I see D_Respect too. Let's check them both out. Not even close, D_Respect wins.

2013 - Edit it yourself, bigdougswan and D_Respect, you know what time it is fellas. We need some 2013's.

2014 - Oh gawd! Where are the draft content creators?

2015 - See 13 and 14

2016 - LMAO

2017 -

2018 - I need a

2019 - Akin, stop it

2020 -

2021 - Shout out to bop_semicolon, first good class in a LONG TIME

2022 - JMSmerk did well. Very well

2023 - That's your personal choice, tons of options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »