Home

Gameplan focus/strategy & slider relationship

This is a discussion on Gameplan focus/strategy & slider relationship within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Gameplan focus/strategy & slider relationship

I really love the gameplan focus/strategy element but it feels like it has too much effect over gameplay and completely makes sliders irrelevant.

For instance, I’ll start a game with a focus to stop inside runs. The first half of the game, the cpu can’t get much going in the ground game, but their QB is usually 17/20 for 150+ yards. So…at halftime, switch it to one of the pass focuses if I’m leading and get torched for 15+ yard runs every time they hand the ball off and the cpu pass game becomes a little more realistic in terms of completion % and yardage. Coverage seems better, reaction seems better, but it’s impossible to get off a block with the front 7 so every run play is huge.

I’ve noticed it for myself as well that I’ll dominate one or the other depending on what offensive focus I’ve chosen.

Anyone else feel this way? Like it doesn’t really matter what you have sliders set to sometimes because the gameplay focus and strategy is way stronger than any slider values?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2022, 03:52 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Gameplan focus/strategy & slider relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyPasta92
I really love the gameplan focus/strategy element but it feels like it has too much effect over gameplay and completely makes sliders irrelevant.

For instance, I’ll start a game with a focus to stop inside runs. The first half of the game, the cpu can’t get much going in the ground game, but their QB is usually 17/20 for 150+ yards. So…at halftime, switch it to one of the pass focuses if I’m leading and get torched for 15+ yard runs every time they hand the ball off and the cpu pass game becomes a little more realistic in terms of completion % and yardage. Coverage seems better, reaction seems better, but it’s impossible to get off a block with the front 7 so every run play is huge.

I’ve noticed it for myself as well that I’ll dominate one or the other depending on what offensive focus I’ve chosen.

Anyone else feel this way? Like it doesn’t really matter what you have sliders set to sometimes because the gameplay focus and strategy is way stronger than any slider values?
I don't think it makes sliders "completely irrelevant" but I also think that they are quite strong modifiers. How a slider setup looks with one combination of game-planning approaches might look a fair bit different with another. Most slider guys are smart enough to factor different teams/matchups into the equation; but with game-planning being so new, I don't know how much we all appreciate the weight it carries.

It's an important point....I truly wish we could turn them off, at a minimum, just to see how much our perceptions of the game would change (same goes for momentum); I DO think that the flaws in '23 are the direct result of the interfering systems (coach skills, game-planning, momentum, progressive fatigue) EA foolishly added in '22.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:07 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I don't think it makes sliders "completely irrelevant" but I also think that they are quite strong modifiers. How a slider setup looks with one combination of game-planning approaches might look a fair bit different with another. Most slider guys are smart enough to factor different teams/matchups into the equation; but with game-planning being so new, I don't know how much we all appreciate the weight it carries.

It's an important point....I truly wish we could turn them off, at a minimum, just to see how much our perceptions of the game would change (same goes for momentum); I DO think that the flaws in '23 are the direct result of the interfering systems (coach skills, game-planning, momentum, progressive fatigue) EA foolishly added in '22.
Makes a lot of sense. There’s so many outside factors that have a hand in how the gameplay is that maybe there’s too many things fighting against each other to really provide the truest simulation experience possible
Old 09-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #4
Rookie

Motivation is having more of an impact this year. I see more turnovers when a team is at its highest along with aggressive gameplay. For such a great game, adding all these extras takes away from the gameplay.

Just finished a game with 9 total turnovers between both teams. Game outcomes are more dependent on turnovers then actual strategy.
Old 09-27-2022, 06:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

The momentum bar is the worst. That REALLY ****s with player ratings way too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »