Home

I just Missed 5 Extra Points in a Game

This is a discussion on I just Missed 5 Extra Points in a Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2022, 12:13 PM   #1
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Help!

As the title says I just went 0/5 in extra points in a game.

- Heavy rain
- Pro level
- Kicking sliders for strength and accuracy at 55
- On none of the kicks did I go 'too high' on the power bar
- On three of them I hit the accuracy dead solid perfect on the white triangle target
- I was the home team
- Momentum was in my favor (as you might imagine with 5 TDs
- The kicking arc was just a little vestigial stub but you could still aim it with the left stick

I'm fine with it being difficult to kick in weather but this was a bit much. Not complaining so much but asking folks if there is anything I can do button/stick wise to get better at this.

Last edited by mrsaito; 09-06-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
- The kicking arc was just a little vestigial stub but you could still aim it with the left stick
This shouldn’t happen on Pro difficulty; you should see the full kicking arc with three targets. Check your settings? Additionally, was there a gameday condition active which adversely impacted kicking?

Quote:
- On three of them I hit the accuracy dead solid perfect on the white triangle target
The white line near the top of the kick meter is for 100% power. You need to press the X / A button a third time while the power indicator is within the dark blue range at the bottom of the meter to set the kick accuracy.

Any kick with 100% or less and perfect accuracy (within the navy blue box at the bottom of the meter) is a “Perfect Accuracy Kick” which the defense cannot block.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-06-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:15 PM   #3
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I just Missed 5 Extra Points in a Game

Weird, I have never seen a missed XP in Madden period by myself or the CPU. Didn’t know it was possible.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:20 PM   #4
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

CM -

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I wasn't clear with my terminology.

The arc with the three targets is what I'm referring to as the 'power bar'. That was there. It was the aiming line (also an arc if you will) that extends from the spot of the ball to the goal posts that was missing except for a little stub that didn't even make it past the line of scrimmage. With that situation you are aiming somewhat blind but unless there was a strong cross wind (my current hypothesis) I would have expected to have made at least a couple of those kicks.

The triangle target was where I hit the button for the third time, and all of my button presses should have been adequate for an extra point and three of them were perfect.

And it was heavy rain.
Old 09-06-2022, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I believe it is a bug in heavy rain. I had heavy rain wind at 12 mph and missed the first two extra points the ball headed straight for the sidelines. I slow simmed the extra points after that and every one was good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2022, 02:32 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I can't help you with why you missed "perfect kicks" but I too play on Pro and half the time the kicking arc (that extends out toward the goal post) is missing or is just a tiny stub of the arc. I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason for this. But....Pro is a little easy to kick on so I don't always mind it missing....but I'd love to know why it isn't there.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I can't help you with why you missed "perfect kicks" but I too play on Pro and half the time the kicking arc (that extends out toward the goal post) is missing or is just a tiny stub of the arc. I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason for this. But....Pro is a little easy to kick on so I don't always mind it missing....but I'd love to know why it isn't there.
Pretty sure its a gameday condition.
Can't remember the name of it but the description is "the kicking arc is drastically reduced"
Old 09-06-2022, 05:53 PM   #8
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

Well I guess the best way to cope is to pay attention to the wind on punts and kickoffs and try to aim accordingly with the 'stubby' arc.

Thanks for all the replies...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »