Home

Is Friday going to be another day of all of us failing at our face scans?

This is a discussion on Is Friday going to be another day of all of us failing at our face scans? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2022, 09:26 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Is Friday going to be another day of all of us failing at our face scans?

I have a modern iPhone, always have and have had tons and tons of difficulty getting my face scanned every year. Once I get it in the game it's so awesome and I absolutely love it, one of the best things in sports gaming, but it's usually me fiddling with pictures, uploads, etc for hours and hours.

Last year I just gave up and used a computer player. I understand that it can be difficult to have this but I really wish they'd either improve the tech to make it better, allow us to do it on a PC with a better camera or....

How about allowing us to just use a previous face scan?

I'm really excited for Friday but really not looking forward to spending hours on the face scan like I always end up doing.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #2
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Friday going to be another day of all of us failing at our face scans?

I'll give it my yearly attempt.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:48 AM   #3
Pro

Haha, when I was several years younger, skinnier and much better looking they still came out like some half wilder beast half org creature. I don’t even bother with it now. When I used lives in 18 that came out spot on though which seems crazy. I did have a friend have a render that was a spitting image of him a couple years ago. Maybe I just don’t have the patience to get it just right. I always get a pretty good build using the normal tools though.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:48 AM   #4
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't think I've done one since 2k15 to be honest. Don't play the mode too much. When I do I just monkey around with the create-a-player settings and go with one of those.
Old 09-06-2022, 09:49 AM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

2k is easily the worst in this respect. I tried back in 2k15, I think. And it was terrible. At the same time I look at the MyCareer story as more of an NBA: The Life, story than my personal MyCareer and play it out that way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2022, 09:56 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

It is good to hear that I"m not the only one. I hate to give up on such a cool feature but if they don't make it easier or allow us to simply reuse the previous face scan I may not bother much if it takes more than an hour.

I understand that sometimes they can't just re-use the scan when/if the tech or game changes but I would think most years they could do a re-use but simply choose not to build it into the software.

Either way I hope it's not as hard as years past..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 09-06-2022, 11:15 AM   #7
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

I am curious about what a lot of you are doing to get such bad face scans lol. I have used my Samsung Note 10+ the last two years for my face scan and they come out basically spot on every time. Before that I used my Note 8 and Galaxy S10. No issues.

With that said.... it's embarrassing that the facial creator in NBA2K games is so bare bones. The face scanning/creation in THEIR OWN GAME WWE 2K22 is like NBA2K on steroids... x30000. NBA2K ports a lot of things from game to game so why not port that over? It's mind boggling....

Anyway, I stopped doing my own face actually and now I do players from the game. What I do is, I use 2k21 play edit menu from the main menu because 2k22 you cant rotate the head in player editor for some reason. Ill start recording from my xbox and Ill slowly rotate the head left and rotate. Stop recording. Upload to XBL. Download to my phone off the xbox app. Upload video to Youtube. Slow the video down to 0.5 speed and put it full screen. Press play and use the app on my phone to scan the players face off the video. Takes 3 or 4 times to get it perfect but I've done near perfect Colin Sexton, Tracy McGrady, Muggsy Bogues, Larry Johnson, Darius Garland and Tyler Herro.

You have to get the lighting just perfect so I usually go into a dark room with lights off and I lower the brightness on my laptop to like 20% to minimize any glare.

Last edited by HBKSean216; 09-06-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-06-2022, 04:07 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
I am curious about what a lot of you are doing to get such bad face scans lol. I have used my Samsung Note 10+ the last two years for my face scan and they come out basically spot on every time. Before that I used my Note 8 and Galaxy S10. No issues.

With that said.... it's embarrassing that the facial creator in NBA2K games is so bare bones. The face scanning/creation in THEIR OWN GAME WWE 2K22 is like NBA2K on steroids... x30000. NBA2K ports a lot of things from game to game so why not port that over? It's mind boggling....

Anyway, I stopped doing my own face actually and now I do players from the game. What I do is, I use 2k21 play edit menu from the main menu because 2k22 you cant rotate the head in player editor for some reason. Ill start recording from my xbox and Ill slowly rotate the head left and rotate. Stop recording. Upload to XBL. Download to my phone off the xbox app. Upload video to Youtube. Slow the video down to 0.5 speed and put it full screen. Press play and use the app on my phone to scan the players face off the video. Takes 3 or 4 times to get it perfect but I've done near perfect Colin Sexton, Tracy McGrady, Muggsy Bogues, Larry Johnson, Darius Garland and Tyler Herro.

You have to get the lighting just perfect so I usually go into a dark room with lights off and I lower the brightness on my laptop to like 20% to minimize any glare.
I'm on iPhone max 13 so maybe android works better for it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »